Controller constantly scrolling down, cannot access anything

Discus and support Controller constantly scrolling down, cannot access anything in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox controller just constantly scrolls up. I cannot even move or access any apps its like someone is constantly pressing the d-pad. I know it is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bailey Cooper, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Controller constantly scrolling down, cannot access anything

My xbox controller just constantly scrolls up. I cannot even move or access any apps its like someone is constantly pressing the d-pad.

I know it is the controller because it does the same thing when i plug it into my computer, and it completely breaks my computer as i can't access any menus there either.

The last time my controller worked was about 4 weeks ago and as far as i know no damage has been done to it in that time.

I have tried alot of methods. Blowing air into the the thumbsticks, cleaning the controller and updating it in the accessories app but nothing has worked.

:)

Bailey Cooper, Nov 12, 2022
  2. Bailey Cooper Win User

Hi there, the thing with this controller issue is that i can't access any menus on my xbox at all as it rapidly scrolls up to the point where i cannot navigate the xbox home screen. Thanks
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Bailey

I don’t like to give bad news, but could be a hardware issue with your controller.

But before concluding that, may I know if you tried downgrading the firmware again?

For this purpose you can use the methods provided here:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Or this other method in your PC:
    Connect the controller via USB then open Xbox Accessories App
    Once there press Windows key + R and paste the next command in the box:

xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true

Hit Enter and now Xbox Accessories App will prompt a message and the firmware downgrade process is going to start
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Is this message appearing on both Xbox and PC? :c
  5. Bailey Cooper Win User

Hi there, when i paste the command in and enter it just tells me "Something went wrong. Your controller is already up to date"
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I see, sorry to say. But in this case the best option is get the controller inspected and repaired in the closest retailer or where original parts are used
Thema:

1. Controller constantly scrolling down, cannot access anything - Similar Threads - Controller constantly scrolling

2. Xbox Controller Constant disconection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Constant disconection: I've had this problem with every single Xbox controller I have purchased so I figured it my computer at fault. The controller has been updated with the accessories app and new batteries have been...
  3. Constant controller disconnect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant controller disconnect: Hi there, For the past few months, I've been experiencing the following symptoms with all of my controllers with my Xbox Series X: Intermittently disconnecting and reconnecting a few moments...
  4. My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...: Can anyone Help me the disconnecting is CONSTANT it doesn’t stop at all a0a1dc9f-61de-404a-a213-d12b65c72cdb
  5. Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input: Greetings! I recently acquired a brand-new Xbox One controller, and initially, everything worked flawlessly for the first few days. However, as of yesterday, both my PC and Xbox have been...
  6. Xbox controllers constantly disconnect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers constantly disconnect.: I used to have an Xbox one but recently upgraded to an X. I have an issue with my controllers which I hoped would be solved with the upgrade but it hasn't. My controllers often disconnect from my...
  7. My controller for some reason keeps showing that I'm constantly pressing rt even though im...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller for some reason keeps showing that I'm constantly pressing rt even though im...: [img] Hi, My controller for some reason keeps showing that I'm constantly pressing rt even though im not touching the controller at all. The controller is almost as new and this recently just...
  8. Why do the Xbox Series X controllers constantly disconnect from the console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do the Xbox Series X controllers constantly disconnect from the console?: I have an Xbox series X that is roughly 1 year old and my controller disconnects from the console every 5-10 minutes. This problem only occurs while playing games and has essentially made my Xbox...
  9. Xbox series x controller and headsets constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x controller and headsets constantly disconnecting and reconnecting: Guys I'm literally at my whits end with this system. I have went through three controllers (two regular and one elite) and two headsets (steelseries and Xbox wireless) and theres not a day that...
  10. I spilt water on my controller and now LB is constantly being pressed even while the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I spilt water on my controller and now LB is constantly being pressed even while the...: I accidentally spilt water on my controller and now when i play any-games or even navigate through the xbox menu the button “LB” is being pressed even with nothing clicking/holding the button....