Controller connectivity, and related issues

Discus and support Controller connectivity, and related issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I sit one floor directly above my Xbox and I am running in to a lot of controller connectivity issues. It's the same exact setup I had with my Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jpcell, Jan 3, 2014.

1. jpcell
    jpcell Guest

I sit one floor directly above my Xbox and I am running in to a lot of controller connectivity issues. It's the same exact setup I had with my Xbox 360, but the Xbox One controller will disconnect a few times every hour for a few seconds. I have a support
    case open with Microsoft, but right now they are going to RMA my console as I have had this happen with two different controllers. The only thing in the 2.4ghz range is my Wifi, which was functional with my 360. Has anyone else noticed a weaker controller,
    or some shorter TTLs on controller connectivity?

Also, when the controller disconnects the party chat sometimes totally breaks. I have a headset plugged into my controller, which typically limits the chat audio to the headset (which is yet another way the 360 out classes the Xbox One). When my controller
    reconnects here are some of the random things that might happen:

• I rejoin party chat just fine
    • I end up in both game and party chat, which I can hear through my headset (which would be an awesome feature), but no one can hear me talk I assume I am talking in game chat)
    • I end up back in party chat, but no one can hear me talk (I assume I am talking in game chat)
    If anyone has any advice that would be great, but I'm really posting this as support listed it as my best option to submit a bug.

:)

jpcell, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Controller and network connectivity issues

A full factory reset may fix the issue, though if that's what you've done when you say that you have performed a console reset then I'm afraid your only option now is to send in the console for repair. You can do this at myservice.xbox.com

Skeeter Quill, Jan 3, 2014
  3. djafropuff
    djafropuff Guest
    Controller and network connectivity issues

Hi,

I've been having issues for the past week and thought I had fixed it recently, but it showed up with a vengeance. Whenever I attempt to connect a controller, it fails to connect and then the network connectivity(wireless) drops out and does not come back
    without a restarting the device. Here is a play by play of what happens and what I have done:

1. With the xbox already on, I turn on a controller
    2. it does it's initial blink while searching for the xbox
    3. it will stay solid briefly (1 second or so)
    4. it will then start blinking again
    5. If you watch the screen at this time you will see that the xbox drops wireless connectivity.
    6. If you try to pair the controller, it looks like it attempts to pair it from the controller, but the console shows no activity
    7. cold booting the device has repaired the problem before but it just returns later.
    8. I performed a console reset and thought this fixed the issue, but it returned again today.
    I have a bad feeling that the hardware for the wireless is broken. What can I do?

djafropuff, Jan 3, 2014
  4. oOUTSIDERo62
    oOUTSIDERo62 Guest

oOUTSIDERo62, Jan 3, 2014
  5. Canon525
    Canon525 Guest
    I'm having the same exact problem. MS doesn't have a solution that actually works.

Canon525, Oct 31, 2018
  6. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

7. Canon525 Win User

I'm having the same exact problem. MS doesn't have a solution that actually works.
  8. napalm 31337 Win User

XBOX One Controllers Not Working

Have you tried to use the controller with an USB cable? only to check if is a connection issue or an input related issue.
  9. coco meat train Win User

Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition Controller Connection

There’s a known issue that’s being tracked and a fix is in testing currently in the Insider Program relating to controllers not staying connected. I wonder if the issue involves that.
  10. Zoupah Win User

X-Box 360 wired Controller Win 10 - Dies after a while

On a related note - I can't get my Win10 computer to take input from my wired controller. It sees it is plugged in and makes a 'ding' connecting noise when I turn it on, but then the controller just sits there flashing the central button. Maybe a related
    issue?
Thema:

1. Controller connectivity, and related issues - Similar Threads - Controller connectivity related

2. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  3. Xbox controller only functions when connected to power

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller only functions when connected to power: I want to use an Xbox wireless controller on pc. My PC has Bluetooth 5.3 (MSI B650 Gaming Plus WIFI, Ryzen 5 7500f, RX 7800xt). I have tried two different brand new controllers and had the same...
  4. Neither of my xbox one controller will connect to my PC (USB)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Neither of my xbox one controller will connect to my PC (USB): I have two controllers that won't connect to my pc. I've tried 4 different USB cords, I've updated my controllers and I've even tried using my USB-C adapter . Both will blink when plugged in and...
  5. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  6. Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...: I've tried connecting controller manually but still just flashes, have also unplugged everything and checked leads etc but still doing the same thing! Any ideas please or has it had its day?...
  7. Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...: I click the xbox button on the controller and it acts as if it's not connected to anything. But as soon as I click down on the bluetooth search button on the controller, my PC recognizes it...
  8. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  9. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  10. Xbox Controller connected to pc not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller connected to pc not working: So ive connected my xbox controller to my PC and after I try to turn it on the xbox logo just keeps blinking and blinking, how do I fix that so it actually works. (I also don't have bluetooth on...