Controller Charging With A Werx Universal Portable Charger ( 2500mAh), is it working?

Discus and support Controller Charging With A Werx Universal Portable Charger ( 2500mAh), is it working? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got an Xbox one recently and only have been using the batteries that have came with the wireless controller (The Duracell Ones). I'm using this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Flame Archangel, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Controller Charging With A Werx Universal Portable Charger ( 2500mAh), is it working?

I got an Xbox one recently and only have been using the batteries that have came with the wireless controller (The Duracell Ones). I'm using this particular charger and when I plug it in I go to the home dashboard to see the battery life in the upper right
    corner and see it is at a single red bar like it is about to die. Does this mean it is not going to charge or I need rechargeable batteries?

:)

Flame Archangel, Jan 1, 2016
  2. Why do Xbox wireless controllers still require batteries?

^This. I spent $20 on a set of 4 Li-Ion, 1400mah rechargeable batteries, charger included. I always have a spare set ready to swap when they get low (which they literally last weeks between charges when new) and I've never had to plug my controller into
    anything when gaming.

I just got a new set of 2500mah batteries about 2 weeks ago. The first set lasted almost 3 years (got them with my console). I like batteries and controller separate. If the controller outlives the batteries, why should I have to buy the whole deal just
    to replace them? If the batteries outlive the controller... same question...

A Blue Illusion, Jan 1, 2016
  3. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Why do Xbox wireless controllers still require batteries?

There are power methods that can operate thin devices by powering from the surrounding radiowaves (multipath)

taidara, Jan 1, 2016
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Controller Charging With A Werx Universal Portable Charger ( 2500mAh), is it working?

The batteries that are supplied with the console are not rechargeable you will either need to buy a play and charge kit (or accessory equivalent) or AA rechargeable batteries and charge them whilst removed from the controller.

As for the red battery icon you are correct this means the battery is about to die.

gds1972, Jan 1, 2016
  5. gds1972 Win User

The batteries that are supplied with the console are not rechargeable you will either need to buy a play and charge kit (or accessory equivalent) or AA rechargeable batteries and charge them whilst removed from the controller.

As for the red battery icon you are correct this means the battery is about to die.
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Portable charger

A portable charger to... charge the controllers? If you have a rechargeable battery pack installed, you can plug a USB cable from the controller to a portable power bank/battery to charge the controller.

If you mean a portable charger to entirely power the console (such as in a car), you would need to get a power inverter to power at least the Xbox One and a TV. I believe some people use a 400w inverter just fine, but it may depend on what kind of TV you
    use.
  7. PUDDIN DAGGER Win User

Xbox ONE controller and Play and Charge Kit unboxing video

Is the end of the charger Identical to those that are used to charge mobile phones? If it is could it be possible to see if a phone charger works to charge the controller?
  8. Internet Expert Win User

you ahould get a charger for your controller when you buy it

Consider getting the rechargeable AA Duracell batteries (at least 2500mAh). I use those and they last a crazy long time. Buy at least 4 batteries with a charger so you can rotate batteries and never have to be interrupted.

You can also get a smartphone AC charger and a micro-USB cable (you can find both at the dollar store) and plug your controller into that for power as well.
  9. bananahead81 Win User

Xbox ONE controller and Play and Charge Kit unboxing video

[quote user="PUDDIN DAGGER"]

Is the end of the charger Identical to those that are used to charge mobile phones? If it is could it be possible to see if a phone charger works to charge the controller?

[/quote]

Read all the posts :)
Thema:

1. Controller Charging With A Werx Universal Portable Charger ( 2500mAh), is it working? - Similar Threads - Controller Charging Werx

2. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  3. Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller?: I have rechargeable batteries and when I charge them, it says it’s fully charged. Once I put them in the controller and I go through my settings to see how much charge I have left, it says Medium...
  4. my xbox one controller turning off after 10 seconds on charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one controller turning off after 10 seconds on charge: i have an xbox one s controller and it worked without batteries. i wanted to disassembly to clean it. after i have successfully made it controller started to work really wierd. i dont have any...
  5. Elite 2 controller battery won't charge

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite 2 controller battery won't charge: Hi everyone, The battery of my Elite 2 controller is not being charged anymore. I play on a computer that has a wired controller. The battery has a lifespan of approximately 20 to 50 minutes. I...
  6. My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...: My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it died and not letting me turn it back on no matter how many cables I try wont even let me charge it again I...
  7. Xbox Series X Controller Not Charging with Plug and Play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Not Charging with Plug and Play: A week ago my Xbox Series X notified me that my controller battery was low. I plugged my plug and play cord into it and noticed it would not charge. The icon shows the lightning bolt symbol, but...
  8. Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?: Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing? f55893a7-05c8-4c37-b615-ec16ab388c31
  9. Elite Series 2 controller is not charging, but works plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller is not charging, but works plugged in.: My elite controller is suddenly refusing to turn on unless it remains plugged in. I've tried updating and use different cables to no avail. There are no charging indicators and it is the same...
  10. xbox wireless controller not charging

in XboX Insiders
    xbox wireless controller not charging: I have this xbox wireless controller ( i don't know the model) but it is latest ig which used to work fine but now it does'nt charge. I tried changing the batteries but still it doesn't charge. It...