controller behaves funny with mic plugged in ...

Discus and support controller behaves funny with mic plugged in ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If I try to start up my xbox1 with controller with the mic plugged in the controller light flashes but box does not fire up. Can still switch box on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SidneyTP, Jan 2, 2014.

1. SidneyTP
    SidneyTP Guest

If I try to start up my xbox1 with controller with the mic plugged in the controller light flashes but box does not fire up. Can still switch box on manuallty or with voice but when box switched on the controller light still flashes but will not recgonise
    and nor can I enrol it.

If I at this point attach the plug and play lead the controller kicks in and behaves. Otherwise I have to remove the battery and the mic then start the controller without the mic plugged in. Any solutions/ explainations?

:)

SidneyTP, Jan 2, 2014
  2. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    $700 system with a five dollar pos mic

Go to settings and update the controller with the mic plugged in.

CMUchippewa, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Jakethemanx
    Jakethemanx Guest
    controller will not turn on with mic connected

same problem. even tried re-calibrating the controller but i cant do it with mic plugged in because the controller wont turn on. not sure if its the controller or the mic but im super confused.

Jakethemanx, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

Hey there Sidney! That definitely sounds odd! Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

To start off, here's a few questions for you to help us better understand the situation:

1. If you start the console up initially without the mic plugged in, do you get any issues?
    2. Do you have access to another headset (perhaps a friend or family member's) that you can try plugging into your controller and powering the console on? I'm wondering if the issue lies with that specific headset.
    3. Are you using the Xbox One standard headset (that came with the console)?
    4. Do you have access to another controller that you can try this same headset with to see if it reacts the same when trying to power on the console?

Let us know and we'll be standing by to hear back from you! ^_^

Mister Cerb, Jan 2, 2014
  5. SidneyTP
    SidneyTP Guest
    thanks for the reply, in response:-

1 no

2 no

3 yes

4 no

it only appears to be if I start the xbox whilst my headset plugged in. If I start the box with headset unplugged things work fine. It's not a major problem just a minor annoyance.

SidneyTP, Oct 31, 2018
  6. SidneyTP Win User

thanks for the reply, in response:-

1 no

2 no

3 yes

4 no

it only appears to be if I start the xbox whilst my headset plugged in. If I start the box with headset unplugged things work fine. It's not a major problem just a minor annoyance.
  7. Mister Cerb Win User

Hey there Sidney! That definitely sounds odd! Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

To start off, here's a few questions for you to help us better understand the situation:

1. If you start the console up initially without the mic plugged in, do you get any issues?
    2. Do you have access to another headset (perhaps a friend or family member's) that you can try plugging into your controller and powering the console on? I'm wondering if the issue lies with that specific headset.
    3. Are you using the Xbox One standard headset (that came with the console)?
    4. Do you have access to another controller that you can try this same headset with to see if it reacts the same when trying to power on the console?

Let us know and we'll be standing by to hear back from you! ^_^
  8. snake42069 Win User

Xbox One PDP Prismatic Afterglow USB controller has buzzing sound transmitting over mic

to fix the problem with all wired controllers, simply unplug the mic and controller, then plug the MIC in first, then plug the controller back in. Worked for me. Hopefully it works for you.
  9. ITILIANM0NST0R Win User

headset mic not recognised in games

Plug the mic into yhe controller and then plug the controller in to the xbox and check for an update in settings
  10. Ezzn Win User

Headset and mic not working

Make sure the mic is plugged in before turning on the controller, if you are connecitng the mic to the controller. If this is not the case, how are you connectig the mic?

Please let us know
Thema:

1. controller behaves funny with mic plugged in ... - Similar Threads - controller behaves funny

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  4. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook: can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook 8d441067-6167-482d-baf5-8c0570ed48b9
  5. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  6. Xbox one pro controller set on fire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one pro controller set on fire: So my Xbox one pro controller ignited in my hands last night on the 24th of April 2024 all I did was start up call of duty modern warfare 3 I was using some Duracell batteries in it but it got hot...
  7. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  8. Xbox controller warranty

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller warranty: I purchased an xbox controller yesterday from EE and when i add the device to my microsoft account its saying warranty expired can anyone advise me on how to sort this please as i i dont want a...
  9. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  10. Controller joystick doesn't behave properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller joystick doesn't behave properly: I have two controllers, a ps4 and Nintendo switch controller.. the ps4 left joystick flat out doesn't work and Nintendo switch controller is weirder. Left joystick works but when you go left it...