Controller battery pack charging

Discus and support Controller battery pack charging in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have a lithium ion battery pack and just wondered if when the charging is complete and the LED turns white, does this mean the controller has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JaG3RmAn, Jan 4, 2014.

1. JaG3RmAn
    JaG3RmAn Guest

So I have a lithium ion battery pack and just wondered if when the charging is complete and the LED turns white, does this mean the controller has stopped charging I.e. The possibility for overcharging is not present? Thanks

:)

JaG3RmAn, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Does the Xbox One come with what I need in order to use my controller?

Does the Xbox One come with the rechargeable battery pack and charging cable?

And does the Xbox One controller purchase (by itself, none of the extra purchases like the "Power Kit" or anything) also come with the battery pack and charging cable?

If so, what are the advantages of buying the "Power Kit" or the "Play and Charge Kit" rather than just the controller?

ActaNonVerba117, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Controller turning off?

So I bought my XB1 at launch with an extra controller and two rechargeable packs. They were both working fine until about a week ago. My day one controller was turning off frequently even just after charging the battery. Well long story short I took the
    battery pack out and heard the inards jiggling about inside. Moral of my story..... if your having this issue check your battery pack it may be that.

EternalDragonX, Jan 4, 2014
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

xbox one play and charge kit

Hi Robert,

Are you using the controller on an Xbox One console or on PC?

The LED light on the Play and Charge kit cable will glow orange indicating the battery is charging and then a white light to indicate the battery is fully charged. If the LED is not glowing at all, then this indicates that there is no battery pack to charge.

Take out the rechargeable battery and insert it again in the correct position. If the LED is not glowing orange and the battery is in the correct position, then the battery is not being detected by the controller or the battery is faulty and cannot be recharged.

To test the cable, remove the battery pack and try using the controller in a wired format. If then controller works without the battery pack and just the cable, then the cable is fine. If the controller works without a problem using standard disposable batteries
    then the battery pack is the issue.

Try these tests out and let us know the results!
  5. DangerousBard Win User

the charging station is strange

Hello gamer,

This behavior can occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:

. The battery has reached the charge limit.

. There may be an issue with the charge cable.

. There may be an issue with the battery.

Things to try:

1. Determine the part of the recharging system that may be causing the issue.

Controller

Try AA batteries or try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack in the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller to verify that there is nothing wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, the controller is not causing the issue.

Charge cable

Try a different Xbox 360 Play and Charge cable to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different charge cable, the original charge cable is faulty.

Rechargeable battery

a. Use a cotton swab and some alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.

b. Try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, the original battery is faulty.
  6. John P_14 Win User

What’s wrong with my battery pack/controllers

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

There could be a problem with the rechargeable battery pack or the controller's battery compartment. Kindly try the following and see if it helps:

1. Check that the battery pack is properly inserted: If the battery pack is not properly inserted, the controller will not turn on. Check that the battery pack is securely connected to the controller and that the contacts are clean and debris-free.

2. Inspect the controller's battery compartment: Inspect the controller's battery compartment to ensure that there are no damaged or corroded contacts. If you notice any damage, you may need to replace the controller or contact the manufacturer for repairs.

3. Check the charge level of the battery pack: Before attempting to use the battery pack with the new controller, ensure that it is fully charged. If the battery pack is not fully charged, it may not be able to turn on the controller.

4. If the preceding steps do not work, try using a different rechargeable battery pack with the new controller to see if it works. If it does, the original battery pack may be defective and must be replaced.
  7. DangerousBard Win User

2 problems i been having lately. please help

Regarding your first question you should check your NAT settings and make sure they are open

Regarding the controller problem this occurs when:

. The battery has reached the charge limit.

. There may be an issue with the charge cable.

. There may be an issue with the battery.

Things to try:

1. Determine the part of the recharging system that may be causing the issue.

Controller

Try AA batteries or try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack in the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller to verify that there is nothing wrong with the controller. If the controller works with different batteries, the controller is not causing the issue.

Charge cable

Try a different Xbox 360 Play and Charge cable to charge the battery. If the battery charges correctly with a different charge cable, the original charge cable is faulty.

Rechargeable battery

a. Use a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol to clean the four gold contacts on the Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack and on the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.

b. Try a different Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack with the charge cable. If the second battery charges correctly, the original battery is faulty.
  8. pkvas Win User

Controller Charge?

Plugging it in charges the battery pack of you have a battery pack. Doubt it's good for the batteries you had in there. If You want to play with a wired controller I would take the batteries out or buy a play and charge kit
Thema:

1. Controller battery pack charging - Similar Threads - Controller battery pack

2. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  3. Elite 2 controller battery won't charge

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite 2 controller battery won't charge: Hi everyone, The battery of my Elite 2 controller is not being charged anymore. I play on a computer that has a wired controller. The battery has a lifespan of approximately 20 to 50 minutes. I...
  4. Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller instantly disconnects when using battery: I have a wireless xbox controller https://www.xbox.com/pt-PT/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller that i use in my win 10. It was working perfectly with AA batteries and USB cable, but...
  5. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...: After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the...
  6. Is gen 9 controller's rechargeable battery compatible with the gen 8 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is gen 9 controller's rechargeable battery compatible with the gen 8 controller?: Microsoft says it's compatible to the controllers with usb-c port. And yet gen 8 controllers have micro usb. But as I see, the batteries are exactly identical to each other....
  7. My Xbox One controller stopped turning on with batteries, only with cable, and it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller stopped turning on with batteries, only with cable, and it is...: A while ago the controller had had connection problems, but these were solvable and in the end I could still play, but now it is no longer possible, if I only use batteries (checked that they are...
  8. My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not...: My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not connected to my xbox I have plugged it in and fully recharged the pack and it still hasn't connected does anyone...
  9. Xbox elite series 2 controllers all have sensitive battery packs that causes the controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controllers all have sensitive battery packs that causes the controller...: I have ran through countless controllers and wasted a lot of money. I keep experiencing my controller turning off when the batter back feels any type of significant pressure. The usb cable causes...
  10. Controller battery pack not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller battery pack not working: My controllers battery kit pack has been charging for about 2 hours and when i unplug the usb from charging the controller doesn’t turn on f32097c5-d898-40bc-b410-3a1ea24c3e64