Controller battery level and warning not working and damaging batteries.

Discus and support Controller battery level and warning not working and damaging batteries. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since the last preview update I no longer get a warning or prevented from using my controller when my batteries are dead. I had this issue with a far... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MrCrunch8, Dec 17, 2015.

1. MrCrunch8
    MrCrunch8 Guest

Since the last preview update I no longer get a warning or prevented from using my controller when my batteries are dead. I had this issue with a far back previous update but this time it flat out lets me KILL my eneloops. It constantly shows my battery
    as 3/4 full when pressing the xbox button or if I go into devices it shows a different a different reading of slightly less but never shows my batteries as dead. Twice now it drained my eneloops down to 0.51v each and anyone familiar with rechargeables know
    that is not good at all. Some how my controller was working fine using a combined total of 1v which shouldn't even be possible even if the xbox has an issue. This is something that should be in the controller to prevent damaging batteries. Such abuse to batteries
    certainly damages them and eneloops aren't cheap. Luckily I don't use alkaline because doing that to those would most likely cause a leak especially with cheap ones. When four of these batteries go for $15+ this becomes an issue. Besides this issue coming
    back far worse then ever I am also having the screen dimming issue that seemed to be fixed with the last media player update. After a week of working great when casting videos from my pc it all of a sudden started dimming like it did the second this NXOE dashboard
    came along.

:)

MrCrunch8, Dec 17, 2015
  2. Deftallica
    Deftallica Guest
    Controllers will not turn on anymore

I'm with agreement with Sage to Rage when it comes to the battery acid damaging the controller. However for the other two that were not damaged, I would guess that the batteries are not making a solid connection with the controller. Are you using the AA
    battery insert? I have had problems with those myself in that while playing the batteries would not fit in snug enough and my controller would randomly turn off.

If that's the case I would suggest using an Xbox battery pack instead. You can pick one up an official Microsoft one for about $10, or a third party one, such as Nyko, for a little less.

Deftallica, Dec 17, 2015
  3. Controller connected but blinking

What does it mean when I am playing with a Wireless controller that is connected, but the lights on the XBox button keep blinking, alternating across the diagonal: 1,4 then 2,3 and back to 1,4

The controller otherwise seems to be working normally - when I press the XBox button the battery level shows 2bars or at least half full so it doesn't seem to be a battery level warning.

TwitchySmile87, Dec 17, 2015
  4. YT HydraVibes XB zH Win User

Controller not working

Controller issues can be a result of multiple problems. 1: Battery issues, low battery level or loose battery. 2: In game control settings. 3: At worse it could be controller damage, which you will need to get fixed or buy a new one.
  5. John P_14 Win User

What’s wrong with my battery pack/controllers

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

There could be a problem with the rechargeable battery pack or the controller's battery compartment. Kindly try the following and see if it helps:

1. Check that the battery pack is properly inserted: If the battery pack is not properly inserted, the controller will not turn on. Check that the battery pack is securely connected to the controller and that the contacts are clean and debris-free.

2. Inspect the controller's battery compartment: Inspect the controller's battery compartment to ensure that there are no damaged or corroded contacts. If you notice any damage, you may need to replace the controller or contact the manufacturer for repairs.

3. Check the charge level of the battery pack: Before attempting to use the battery pack with the new controller, ensure that it is fully charged. If the battery pack is not fully charged, it may not be able to turn on the controller.

4. If the preceding steps do not work, try using a different rechargeable battery pack with the new controller to see if it works. If it does, the original battery pack may be defective and must be replaced.
  6. HyruleBalverine Win User

Play & Charge Kit - Cable Only

On the paperwork that comes with the Play & Charge Kit, it warns about trying to use the charging cable without a battery pack. The warning indicates that doing so could damage your controller. With that said, I have heard of people doing so without issues.
    So it can work, but if the controller is damaged, you'll have to replace it.
  7. dK Pearson Win User

Xbox One controller: Trigger vibration?

You cannot check the battery level on the controller, however I would assume that it is because of low battery level! try new batteries, and if that doesn't work maybe there is an internal problem as there is no way currently to turn off rumble!
  8. SwordofWhedon Win User

i can using two parallel battery 14500 xbox?

No, only AA batteries or the official battery packs

even if it may fit, using other batteries may damage the controller
Thema:

1. Controller battery level and warning not working and damaging batteries. - Similar Threads - Controller battery level

2. Xbox Controller Battery Pack Sizing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Battery Pack Sizing: Backstory, Bout maybe 6 months ago, I bought a Blue Arctic Cami Xbox controller (officially licensed) with the charging stand (same bundle). I recently got a White Arctic Camo Xbox controller...
  3. Does my Controller Warranty Cover for my battery pack when I go to return it? Or will I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does my Controller Warranty Cover for my battery pack when I go to return it? Or will I...: I would just call GameStop but I have work at 9am to 8pm, an hour before they close and I’m already a 40 minute walk. If anyone knows you’d be much appreciated!! :)...
  4. AA batteries leaves long time in controller, after inserting new batteries no power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    AA batteries leaves long time in controller, after inserting new batteries no power on.: I placed AA batteries 8 to 10 months in the Xbox controller, and I recently opened it but batteries are in leaked condition, I recently inserted new batteries but not getting power to the...
  5. Why wont my xbox controller turn on? even with batteries and cables

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller turn on? even with batteries and cables: my controller isn't turning on no matter what i do with it... tried new batteries and tried all USB-C cables in the house and the button wont even flash. i've only had the controller for about a...
  6. Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller?: I have rechargeable batteries and when I charge them, it says it’s fully charged. Once I put them in the controller and I go through my settings to see how much charge I have left, it says Medium...
  7. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  8. Does battery level needs to be full at all times on the xbox series x controller or it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does battery level needs to be full at all times on the xbox series x controller or it is...: Does battery level needs to be full at all times on the xbox series x controller or it is are okay on the medium battery level is this are issue or it is are normal? Yours sincerely Jevgeni...
  9. Is the medium battery level on the xbox series x wireless controller are normal yes or no?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the medium battery level on the xbox series x wireless controller are normal yes or no?: Is the medium battery level on the xbox series x wireless controller are normal yes or no? c404dbc7-78f8-49e7-980f-9d479ee809ad
  10. Controller battery level on Ipad - Xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller battery level on Ipad - Xbox cloud gaming: Is there a way to check battery level on ipad when playing Xbox cloud gaming? 77c02ac7-9045-49ef-a21f-d57c9aad4154