Controller Bar in Windows 11 Gamebar is gone in Feb 3 update 5.823.1271.0

Discus and support Controller Bar in Windows 11 Gamebar is gone in Feb 3 update 5.823.1271.0 in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The Controller Bar feature in the Xbox Gamebar in Windows 11 has been removed with the latest Insider update. This seems planned, as the options for... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/davis4ever, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Controller Bar in Windows 11 Gamebar is gone in Feb 3 update 5.823.1271.0

The Controller Bar feature in the Xbox Gamebar in Windows 11 has been removed with the latest Insider update. This seems planned, as the options for Controller bar are missing from settings as well and I have verified all of my services are working.

I can not find this in the release notes. Is there any way someone can confirm it (or test it for me?)

submitted by /u/davis4ever
    [link] [comments]

/u/davis4ever, Feb 5, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

How to map screen record/screenshot to Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller on PC?

the share button on xbox controllers will only work in windows 11 for gamebar. this has been purposely done.
  3. Daniel McCray Win User

Is there any possible way to fix xbox gamebar?

yeah it's the same with me, 300 down 50 up on an average day, latest version of gamebar and windows 11 23H3, latest version of Xbox app with no corrupt drivers, hard drives, my audio device and headset are working just fine on literally any other platform except gamebar/Xbox app. maybe it's a botched windows update that broke the software in gamebar?
  4. Daniel McCray Win User

Xbox Gamebar issue

yeah it's the same with me, 300 down 50 up on an average day, latest version of gamebar and windows 11 23H3, latest version of Xbox app with no corrupt drivers, hard drives, my audio device and headset are working just fine on literally any other platform except gamebar/Xbox app. maybe it's a botched windows update that broke the software in gamebar?
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Never have I used  or started the xbox game bar on this computer. Does this mean I was hacked? How can I find out how someone was able to start xbox live game bar without my knowledge?

gamebar is part of the OS, your microsoft account is also the xbox account, they are seamless, gamebar is always running and signed in when you are signed in on the laptop or pc. if you disable gamebar in the setting it will re activate when a feature update is installed. this is normal.

it will be even more integrated with windows 11 including gamepass. it uses practically zero resources .

don't forget, windows 10 is now a service that is freely available, long gone are the days of a traditional OS, you agree to the terms when signing in and using it, this includes all the gumph that comes with it.

if this is not what you want then you may need to move to linux or mac (mac is even worse)
  6. PrestoOyster26 Win User

Problem With Microsoft Mahjong Daily Challenge

1. The following daily challenges are not loading:

a. 3 Feb – Tile 1 – Easy – Classic

b. 4 Feb – Tile 1 – Medium – Lightning Tiles

c. 6 Feb – Tile 1 – Easy – Golden Tiles

d. 7 Feb – Tile 3 – Hard - Classic

e. 8 Feb – Tile 1 – Easy – Golden Tiles

f. 9 Feb – Tile 3 – Medium – Classic

g. 15 Feb – Tile 2 – Easy – Match Attack

h. 15 Feb – Tile 3 – Easy – Classic

2. Uninstalled and reinstalled Mahjong app; problem not resolved.

3. Signed out of Xbox Live and signed in again; no success.

4. Cleared Windows Store cache; restarted computer and performed check for updates; no updates available. Tried before and after reinstalling app.

5. Windows firewall shows public access for Microsoft Mahjong.

6. McAfee Internet Security installed; renewal originally set for 18 Feb 14; renewed on 6 Feb 14; did not resolve issue.

7. Used task manager to check performance; shows ~2% CPU and ~260 Mb Memory before application suspends.

8. Event manager shows no errors.

9. Running Windows 8 (64-bit) Version 6.2 Build 9200; all updates current as of `5 Feb 14.

10. Using Vizio CT15-A2 laptop.

11. No issues with other games.

12. Was unable to access Xbox Live account on 15 Feb. Restarting computer resolved the issue.
Thema:

Controller Bar in Windows 11 Gamebar is gone in Feb 3 update 5.823.1271.0

1. Controller Bar in Windows 11 Gamebar is gone in Feb 3 update 5.823.1271.0 - Similar Threads - Controller Bar Windows

2. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  3. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  4. Xbox game bar not opening on pc when hitting the Xbox logo on controller

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar not opening on pc when hitting the Xbox logo on controller: Anybody else having an issue with their Xbox game bar not opening on their pc via their controller? I can still open the gamebar by windows key + g but nothing on my controller. When somebody...
  5. Headset chat mixer bar greyed out and not able to change/new controller breaking current...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer bar greyed out and not able to change/new controller breaking current...: Hello, I recently purchased an Xbox Series S and just had the opportunity to begin using it for the first time. However, upon joining a party, I noticed two issues. The first issue was that I...
  6. Please help When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on...: When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on Bluetooth it switches the HDMI setting on the sound bar to TV I don't know what's going on please help...
  7. Blank Home Screen Unable to control Side bar when pulled up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blank Home Screen Unable to control Side bar when pulled up: Same issue. Tried the reset troubleshooting and now I have a giant controller on my screen but wont let me control anything 2fdedbb2-d316-4023-8a29-a130e6133acb
  8. Can Xbox One control a Vizio sound bar?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can Xbox One control a Vizio sound bar?: I have a Vizio sound bar plugged directly into my X1 (w/ Kinect) via optical audio cable. The sound works fine but when I say "Xbox Mute" or "XBox Volume Up" the TV responds with "Speakers Off"...
  9. iLive sound bar control

in XBoX on Consoles
    iLive sound bar control: I got an iLive sound bar. I have it connected through the optical audio and I have sound. I cannot get the Xbox One to control it though. I do have sound and I am connected through optical audio....
  10. Xbox One and Sonos Play Bar - Voice Control for the volume

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One and Sonos Play Bar - Voice Control for the volume: Does anyone know if the Sonos Play Bar can be controlled by the xbox. ie does 'Xbox Volume up' work? thanks in advance 9981a87f-0dcd-47d8-a1c1-d85a0b7c604b