Controller bar doesnt show steam as a launcher, just xbox. No way to add it, nothing seems...

Discus and support Controller bar doesnt show steam as a launcher, just xbox. No way to add it, nothing seems... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; what it should look like https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2022/05/05/windows-insiders-can-now-try-out-an-early-preview-of-controller-bar/... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ReconVirus, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Controller bar doesnt show steam as a launcher, just xbox. No way to add it, nothing seems...

/u/ReconVirus, Jun 7, 2022
  2. Gameyakuza Win User

Xbox live with a Dualshock

It has nothing to do with Steam, just an observation. Microsoft went out of their way to prevent third party controllers from working. I sometimes add non-steam games to steam just to use the controller configurator, but here I can't even do that as the exe files are inaccessible.
  3. cheyenne broughton Win User

Logitech g27 not working on windows pc xbox app (forza)

I have done that but nothing seems to work. The g27 is working on the steam app but not on windows Xbox on pc. Also the controler doesn’t show up at all on forza controler settings
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Sign-in problem when using controller

Hello, Muhammad. Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Community expert user. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Instead of using DS4 emulator, would you please try to use the Epic Games Launcher through Steam? It does allow you to use Steam’s native support for Dualshock 4. All your Epic Games Launcher titles will have that support should you choose to go with this method.

Run Steam, and navigate to Games and then Add a Non-Steam Game to Library.

A list of programs will show up. Select Epic Games Launcher on it and click Add Selected Programs.

After this, Epic Games Launcher will be added to your library and will run through Steam.

To make sure your controller is connected in Steam, open Steam Settings and select Controller.

Now select General Controller Settings.

If your controller is connected, you will see it under Detected Controllers.

This is a public user-to-user support forum. We are expert users helping other users. We do not work for Microsoft and do not have access to any user accounts.

If this still can't solve your problem, just let me know and I'll do my best to try to help you.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

about Steam

try UWP Hook to add the gamepass game to steam launcher and give it a try.

i have used many different controllers with gamepass games, just microsoft being picky and trying to make everyone buy an xbox controller or a licenced third party controller.
  6. Karls0 Win User

Is Xbox x series controller bluetooth connectivity issue with PC solved?

Hi! Please try my solution. For me it works totally fine, I hope it will the same in your case.

First of all - the problem is strictly software. You don't need to buy any external adapters, change bluetooth configuration and so on. The real guilty is bugged Windows XInput - at least the symptoms indicate it. There are probably some software conflict with Xbox controllers firmware. Using external adapter, forces different handling of input, so the problem does not appear. But this is not a real solution, you just bypass the error. To solve it (at least until MS release a patch) you have to use alternative input handling for your controller. Below I will describe the solution for 3 possible scenario.

For Steam games:

1. Open Steam launcher and go to Settings.
    2. Select "Controller" -> "General controller settings".
    3. Now check "Xbox Configuration support" and "Xbox Extended Feature Support". The second option may be not available for older controllers.
    4. The Steam will ask you to restart your computer, do this.
    5. Now you can start any game from your steam library. The Steam Input API will be used instead of Xinput, which is not affected with the bug = not disconnecting!
    For Non-steam DRM-free games:

1. Repeat points 1-4 from Steam games section.
    2. In your Steam launcher press "Add a game..." (bottom left corner), and "Add non-steam game".
    3. Proceed the instructions on the screen to add the game.
    4. Now you have to start the game from your library, like other steam games. Otherwise the solution will not work.
    5. When the game start, check if you have access to steam overlay (default shortcut is shift+tab) - if yes, you are ready to go, Steam input is in use, which will prevent disconnecting.
    For Non-steam, other launchers games (tested with Epic Games Launcher):

1. Repeat points 1-4 from Steam games section.
    2. In your Steam launcher press "Add a game..." (bottom left corner), and "Add non-steam game".
    3. Now important - you have to add the other launcher (Epic Games, Uplay, Origin etc.), not the game itself. Find it on the list and add.
    4. Make sure that it is closed at this moment.
    5. Start it from your steam library - as if it was a game. If you start it independently (for example from the shortcut), it will not work.
    6. Now inside the new opened launcher start your game.
    7. When the game start, check if you have access to steam overlay (default shortcut is shift+tab) - if yes, you are ready to go, Steam input is in use, which will prevent disconnecting.
    And that's it, you should be free from the disconnecting. In my case before the presented procedure I had one disconnect per 5-10 min, now 0 since few days. This is a workaround, and you can see it is not 100% comfortable, but it works. One last advice: be careful with using Widows Game Bar in game. When you will open and close it, you can sometimes experience 1-2 sec freeze with controller, as the overlay use xinput, so it has to switch back to steam input again.

I hope this will also works for you. I wish you enjoying disconnect-free playing over Bluetooth with your Xbox controller!
Thema:

Controller bar doesnt show steam as a launcher, just xbox. No way to add it, nothing seems...

1. Controller bar doesnt show steam as a launcher, just xbox. No way to add it, nothing seems... - Similar Threads - Controller bar doesnt

2. my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller keeps disconnecting every few minutes from my pc: its not the xbox one controller its after that. it disconnects from my pc for a few seconds and then reconnects. software is up to date, it even happens when its plugged in....
  3. Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller: [img] This at the top is info on the controller the one at the bottom is the controller itself [img] 8b883425-0891-4122-b705-b883f4591fb1
  4. Xbox game bar not opening on pc when hitting the Xbox logo on controller

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar not opening on pc when hitting the Xbox logo on controller: Anybody else having an issue with their Xbox game bar not opening on their pc via their controller? I can still open the gamebar by windows key + g but nothing on my controller. When somebody...
  5. Headset chat mixer bar greyed out and not able to change/new controller breaking current...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer bar greyed out and not able to change/new controller breaking current...: Hello, I recently purchased an Xbox Series S and just had the opportunity to begin using it for the first time. However, upon joining a party, I noticed two issues. The first issue was that I...
  6. Please help When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on...: When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on Bluetooth it switches the HDMI setting on the sound bar to TV I don't know what's going on please help...
  7. Blank Home Screen Unable to control Side bar when pulled up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blank Home Screen Unable to control Side bar when pulled up: Same issue. Tried the reset troubleshooting and now I have a giant controller on my screen but wont let me control anything 2fdedbb2-d316-4023-8a29-a130e6133acb
  8. Can Xbox One control a Vizio sound bar?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can Xbox One control a Vizio sound bar?: I have a Vizio sound bar plugged directly into my X1 (w/ Kinect) via optical audio cable. The sound works fine but when I say "Xbox Mute" or "XBox Volume Up" the TV responds with "Speakers Off"...
  9. iLive sound bar control

in XBoX on Consoles
    iLive sound bar control: I got an iLive sound bar. I have it connected through the optical audio and I have sound. I cannot get the Xbox One to control it though. I do have sound and I am connected through optical audio....
  10. Xbox One and Sonos Play Bar - Voice Control for the volume

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One and Sonos Play Bar - Voice Control for the volume: Does anyone know if the Sonos Play Bar can be controlled by the xbox. ie does 'Xbox Volume up' work? thanks in advance 9981a87f-0dcd-47d8-a1c1-d85a0b7c604b