Controller APP Needs Option To Leave A and B buttons @ Default In Menus

Discus and support Controller APP Needs Option To Leave A and B buttons @ Default In Menus in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just got an Elite Controller. I remapped the A and B buttons and now when I am in a menu I have to try to remember where I put their functionality.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bruce11(2), Feb 11, 2016.

1. Bruce11(2)
    Bruce11(2) Guest

I just got an Elite Controller. I remapped the A and B buttons and now when I am in a menu I have to try to remember where I put their functionality. For example, the A button is used to ACCEPT an option in a menu and also to connect your controller after
    charging and the B button is used to GO BACK in a menu.

Please add a section in the APP to give us the option to leave the A and B button functionality in Menus at the default settings rather than moving them to the remapped locations. It just needs to be 1 line: Leave A and B buttons at default settings in Menus-On
    or Off

I posted this in the Halo 5 forum and many people were very frustrated at not having this option.

:)

Bruce11(2), Feb 11, 2016
  2. KN1GHTMARE
    KN1GHTMARE Guest
    How to change Parental Controls on Family Members' Accounts

There a few ways to monitor or control access and usage for children on the Xbox One. One method would be to simply set the child's age which the console will use to determine what games and media they have access to. The default settings make it so that if the child is under 8 years of age, all content is turned off.

Access to Content:

Changing the Default Settings:
    1. On your controller press the Xbox button to h dashboard (home screen).
    2. Next use the Menu button to head to the Settings menu (or select Settings on the Home screen).
    *2026-53f6f53ce50cfa405b9638c552f5d2fe.jpg*
    Photos Provided by www.XBOX.com

3. Next, you'll want to choose the family member’s account whose settings you want to edit. Select "Access to content" then select your preferred settings.

*2027-05d2d17160cdb5e0f28d8a4947905ee0.jpg*

Web filtering

These settings allow parents to pick what websites tchildren are able to browse using the Internet Explorer.

How to Change Default Settings:
    1. Press the Xbox button for the home screen.
    2. Press the Menu button and again choose Settings.
    3. Go to the family member’s account whose options you will edit and choose Web filtering. Finally simply pick the setting you desire.

*2028-c1162f05281987d4414ad6cb9a672f00.jpg*

Purchase choices

Xbox One allows all parents to have full control over what apps children may download from the store. Below is a brief break down:
    ~Blocked will allow no apps to be downloaded
    ~Free apps only
    ~Free or paid apps

To edit settings:
    1. Press the Xbox button.
    2. Press Menu button and choose Settings
    3. Select the account you want to edit settings for and then go to Custom privacy.
    4. From here you can change the purchase (download) settings.

KN1GHTMARE, Feb 11, 2016
  3. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest
    urgen help

You will need to use another controller and then use the Xbox Accessories app.

1. Select your controller in the app and choose Configure.
    2. Select Restore defaults. This will return your controller to its original factory configuration.
    Always keep controls assigned for the A
    and B
    buttons or you won’t be able to use your Xbox. You can customize your controller in any other way.

Here is a guide that may help you also: Customize Xbox Wireless Controller with Xbox Accessories App

OK Fowl, Feb 11, 2016
  4. ll DUR05E ll Win User

how do you exit a game

I can start a game but can never find a way to stop the games
    Press the Xbox (logo) button on your controller to go back to Home and exit the
    app or game. Make sure the app is highlighted, and press the Menu (hamburger) menu button on your controller. In the menu, you'll find a number of options, including a Quit button,
    select it and press A to exit the app.
  5. HassanB Win User

XBOX Controller wont work

Hello,

This is a known issue with this game. The only way to solve this to be able to see menus in the game and do other actions besides just being a meat shield you'll need to reset the game to default.

1. Go into the help & options menu and select "controller" once open press "Y" to reset your defaults (this will fix the turning issue)

2. Again in the help & options menu select "settings" once inside press "Y" as before to reset your defaults

3. Still in "settings" press the "X" button to open your HUD settings. This will allow you to adjust the screen to what best fits your TV and that should fix it.

This should fix the issues your having.
  6. Skier7667 Win User

External USB Drive - Always Is Default Drive For Download Games

Hi GrowlingYapper,

OK, I will click the Internal drive.

To be more specific - are you going to Manage Storage in
    Settings
    and from that screen, both drives are displayed, I can then click the Internal drive to make it default?

I am pretty sure I've clicked it before and it just shows me the games/apps and queue for that drive - no options appear on the screen. Are you indicating to use the "menu button" on the controller to see options available?
  7. Derek_Lakin Win User

Xbox Store Stuck on Skype

When you're in the Store app, press the Xbox button on the controller to return to the dashboard. Press the "menu" (3 horizontal lines) button on the controller, and then select "Quit". When you re-launch the Store app, this should then return to the default
    page in the Store app.

(Ordinarily, pressing B to go back will get you out of an app-specific page, but it sounds like you've got stuck somehow)
  8. HassanB Win User

Counter Strike

Hello dwaestev,

This is due to a known problem with the game. You will need to reset the games settings to default until they come out with a title update to fix this issue.

Please launch the game and go to Help & Options from the games main menu. You should see
    Settings and Controls. Select Settings, and press
    Y "Restore to Defaults". Once you've done that back out of that menu and go to
    Controls, press Y "Restore to Default".

Let us know if this worked out for you.
Thema:

1. Controller APP Needs Option To Leave A and B buttons @ Default In Menus - Similar Threads - Controller APP Needs

2. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  3. How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?: How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay? Ive been able to seamlessly play on my xbox by streaming in to my laptop through the xbox companion app, and...
  4. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  5. Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller: I have connected my controller through bluetooth to my pc, but the xbox app says 'no controller is connected' a5c43eb8-6edb-4365-883e-8977f307f758
  6. Disney app crashes when controller turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    Disney app crashes when controller turns off: The Disney app on my Xbox Series S crashes when the controller turns off if I am listening to audio through headphones wired to said controller. Example: I am watching Disney plus, listening...
  7. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  8. The Xbox app now supports touch input to control your Xbox remotely

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox app now supports touch input to control your Xbox remotely: Would add photos but can’t lol. It seems you can play any game from your libary with touch inputs, BUT you still need a controller for most streaming games. Strange. submitted by...
  9. XBOX Controller issues when app in not "on focus"

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Controller issues when app in not "on focus": Hi, Did someone find solution for issue described in that article - it is really enoying :( I'm using "Mjoy control panel" as well as a "Fergo JoystickMIDI" and issue is the same. So it is not...
  10. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...