Controller and keyboard not working at the same time

Discus and support Controller and keyboard not working at the same time in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just brought a new keyboard for my xbox one s to type while I'm in games and the keyboard lights are on but is not typing when I go onto search... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JJ M, May 31, 2023.

1. JJ M
    JJ M Guest

I just brought a new keyboard for my xbox one s to type while I'm in games and the keyboard lights are on but is not typing when I go onto search

:)

2. Tezzerrific Win User

[SOLVED] I can't hold down "W" key & "D" key at the same time, Why is this?

depends on the keyboard you are using, some keyboards use the same circuit for multiple keys and then that prevents this, and if it did work then it could be the keyboard going faulty or the keyboard controller.

is this on a separate keyboard or a laptop keyboard.
  3. Patrick Maciel Win User

After disconnect or turn off Xbox One Controller in Windows 10 mouse click not work and beeping while I moving

Yes... I have the same.

Mouse freeze, keyboard still working, but if I disconnect the mouse, keyboard and controller from USB and try to connect again, not works.
  4. ŁukaszDziałeński Win User

Problem xbox one x mechanical keyboard

Look at link video this keyboard turn on when i connect first work keyboard and connect mechanical keyboard at this same time and on old keyboard i click numlock then mechanical keyboard turn on and good work.
  5. Yuyuyuy Win User

What's wrong with my controller?

I haven't tried it with another controller (yet), but my keyboard works perfectly fine when I connect it to my Xbox, but only if I turn off my controller.

While the controller is powered on my keyboard has the same problems as the controller.

I'm not sure what's wrong with my controller.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

What controler works with Flight Simulator Cloud gaming on PC's xbox app

At this time only standard controllers work with the cloud. No keyboards or special controllers. While this may change in the future, there have been no announcements
Thema:

1. Controller and keyboard not working at the same time - Similar Threads - Controller keyboard working

2. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Keyboard Macros are sticking or not responding at all when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Keyboard Macros are sticking or not responding at all when...: Hello! I'm having issues with the Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. When I connect to PC using the Wireless adapter I have issues with any buttons that are macro'd to keyboard buttons. These macros...
  4. Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...: Whenever I go on any game like roblox.gta.or any Lego game it says controller disconnected or it doesn't let me start I have to get a controller just to press start so I need to know how to fix...
  5. Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X: About two weeks ago roughly it started out as a sort of intermittent problem, Fortnite, and my new love Lego Fortnite would occasionally with seemingly nothing triggering it, all input controlling...
  6. Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse: Why does the controller have to have a timed shut off? Please make this an option! It’s really annoying when there are certain times I want to use the controller for a game or if I want to use...
  7. I want to be able to switch from keyboard to controller as I wish on my Xbox however when I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to be able to switch from keyboard to controller as I wish on my Xbox however when I...: Keyboard doesn’t work with my controller Xbox what to fix it 0bb6eed9-c468-4755-92e8-1e279b9ea675
  8. Xbox one s disconnects controller, saying switch to keyboard and mouse.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one s disconnects controller, saying switch to keyboard and mouse.: As soon as I switch on xbox my controller does not work. Try syncing xbox and controller. Controller will turn on xbox and let me enter my pin then I get notice to switch to keyboard and mouse....
  9. Xbox Accessories - can't map keyboard buttons to Shift function on controller

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories - can't map keyboard buttons to Shift function on controller: Hi, I'm writing about a feature that was recently released for Xbox Accessories, allowing controller buttons to be remapped so that they input keyboard keys when pressed. Here is a link to the...
  10. Why is there a 3 second delay when I use controller? Mouse and keyboard also not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is there a 3 second delay when I use controller? Mouse and keyboard also not working: I just got a controller and started playing DayZ with my mates again, but there a massive delay when using controller, I tried to use the mouse and keyboard option but it doesn't work for some...