Controller and Console Issues

Discus and support Controller and Console Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have recently converted from playstation to Xbox. Everything was running fine and then about a week ago I started having issues. 1. My controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KurtisRideout, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Controller and Console Issues

I have recently converted from playstation to Xbox. Everything was running fine and then about a week ago I started having issues.

1. My controller will just flash when I use it to turn on my Xbox and the only thing that seems to fix it is replacing the batteries in it even though I know they aren't even close to being dead.

2. For whatever reason my Xbox will just glitch and freeze. Again the only cure for this seems to be a hard reset. It is getting annoying coming home and sitting down only to have to hard reset and change my batteries.

Should I be resetting my xbox to factory settings and starting over or is it a software issue? Hardware issue? Any help on this subject would be fantastic.

Thanks All

:)

KurtisRideout, Dec 17, 2015
  2. XBF Aaron G
    XBF Aaron G Guest
    Controller / Console issues

Retom7,

Yes sir! You should be able to make an appointment at your closest Microsoft store if you are under warranty.

Make sure that your console is NOT plugged into anything else besides a wall outlet. No surge protectors no extension cords. Simply right into the wall. If you don't have it set up this way make sure you disconnect your xbox power cord completely
    from both ends and let the console sit for 2 min before plugging into a wall outlet. Once you have done this try and connect your controllers.

XBF Aaron G, Dec 17, 2015
  3. Controller / Console issues

ReToM7,

Have your tried to update your controller. I am not sure if this will help with what you are describing. But I thought it might be worth looking at.

Double-tap the Xbox button to open the guide, then select System > Settings > Kinect & devices >Devices & accessories. Choose
    the “…” and check the Firmware version. If it says there’s no update available, your controller is current. If it says “Update,” follow the steps.

If you can’t complete a needed update, see Troubleshoot update issues
    with your Xbox One Controller

Another option is to go to https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us. Choose Xbox One, click No Thanks to chat with an online rep, choose controller and then request a call. You will receive a call to discuss
    your situation. Hopefully they will be able to help find a reasonable solution.

Then there is the unpopular route just got to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices and request service for the device.

Please keep us updated on the resolution.

Thank you,

ChrisCalvin71, Dec 17, 2015
  4. CyclingCanoe703 Win User

Console issue or controller issue!

I must say, really, really weird. Try
    power cycle your console.

Try remove and then add her account again after that. Are you sure that you didn't changed something with controller on her account?
  5. Honda Man 04 Win User

After having controller issues myself over the years, I wouldn't think that it was the console. If after going through the link that I originally included you don't notice a difference, you could try another controller if you have one. If the same issue
    happens with that controller you could see about getting your console serviced.
  6. SepiaMX Win User

I would remove her account and add it again just to see if that changes anything? Are you sure she didn't change any of the settings in the game that she is playing? Sometimes if you increase the sensitivity of the camera in a game, it might seem that
    there is controller drifting.
  7. DarthJediNinja Win User

This is not a console problem. It is the controller drifting. There could but something broken inside the controller or dust. If you still have warranty then I would recommend getting a replacement. You can do that here.
  8. JaydenMacDonald Win User

But what if its the system not the controller
Thema:

Controller and Console Issues

1. Controller and Console Issues - Similar Threads - Controller Console Issues

2. The console is not responding properly to my controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    The console is not responding properly to my controller.: It always takes atleast 4-5 times till the console registers that I pressed the button on my console. Sometimes it even starts to do things on its own when I'm not even pressing anything. I...
  3. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  4. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  5. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  6. My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console: At some point, when I tried to turn on the console using the controller, as usual, I noticed that the console would not turn on, and the xbox indicator on the controller began to blink slowly. I...
  7. Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?: I have 2 xbox one S consoles, 4 seperate controllers. We cannot get any controller to connect to either of the two consoles. Have tried pair buttons etc, all controllers were working fine untill...
  8. Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S: I spilt a cup of hot cocoa into the fan of my Xbox series S console. I took it apart and cleaned everything off, including the fan and heat sink. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol so that the...
  9. Xbox one s controller randomly disconnected while console was off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one s controller randomly disconnected while console was off: Hello, my xbox one s controller had randomly disconnected for no reason, there’s been no problems with it and it was working fine last night, I’ve tried hard reset and trying to pair but nothing...
  10. My controller wont connect to my console..tried 4 controllers and 3 USB c cables too

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller wont connect to my console..tried 4 controllers and 3 USB c cables too: My controller wont connect to my console and I tried 4 controllers and also 3 USB c leads 899c0d9f-c7fc-45bf-855b-81b909a510a9