Control: Ultimate Edition for Series X won't start a game

Discus and support Control: Ultimate Edition for Series X won't start a game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had played Control when it was on Gamepass and ended up buying the Ultimate Edition when it was cheap in the games store. I start the Ultimate... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dezign8edDriver, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Control: Ultimate Edition for Series X won't start a game

I had played Control when it was on Gamepass and ended up buying the Ultimate Edition when it was cheap in the games store. I start the Ultimate Edition and it brings up the menu, but once it starts a new game, I hear a little bit of background music and then it crashes and sends me to the home screen. There are 2 versions of the game in the games store. One that contains only the Ultimate base game for Series X and the other has the Ultimate base game, the standard Control base game, and the 2 DLC. I've installed both versions at various points. I've even tried installing the game on different locations on the hard drive, bit nothing helps. I've read that I can start the game from the standard Xbox-Enhanced version and play the DLCs that way, but the standard Xbox-Enhanced version doesn't have the upgraded graphics and performance settings for Series X and I shouldn't have to have two full base games installed on my Series X to play the Ultimate Edition. I'm at a loss as to how to fix this, so I can play the Ultimate Edition.

:)

Dezign8edDriver, Sep 11, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Dezign, let's test some procedures

Open the panel by pressing the Xbox button in the center of the controller.

Scroll right on the panel to the System area.

Select Settings.

Select Network.

Select Network Settings.

Select NAT Test Type.

Tell me what appears on this test, please

Press the Xbox button > System > Restart console > Restart

After the console turns on again, hold the console's Xbox button (X- or start button) for approximately 10 seconds, the console will restart again.

Configuration>Network>Advanced Settings>DNS Settings>Manual>Primary 1.1.1.1 and Secondary 1.0.0.1

Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

Select System > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset Console.

Restore and keep my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

When asking to pull settings from an old xbox, put no

You will have to log in your accounts again, that's all

After all the processes, tell me the result please
  3. Francia J. Win User

Fifa 22 Xbox Series X

Are you seeing "FIFA 22 Ultimate Edition Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S"?

It's the edition or bundle that includes both Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.

If this is the standard edition it will say if it's Xbox One or Xbox Series X game. The Xbox One version though is playable on Xbox Series X as well.
  4. dobby220216 Win User

elite series 2 controller

I'm sorry to here that sadly I had my elite series 2 controller do the same thing, it started with the x button and then the bumpers, I noticed stick drift of both the sticks, sadly when I went to the store to exchange it for another one they had no
    elite series 2 controllers in stock, I switched to the Razer wolverine ultimate edition and so far its a great controller
  5. oimushthuggie Win User

New Series X on All Access - Error when trying to claim Game Pass

Same here.

I upgraded from the ultimate pass on Xbox one X to the series X but it won't let me claim it on the series X.

Also Tetris connected won't open either.
  6. dempup Win User

Xbox One & Xbox Series X disk compatibility

Hi CarGuyB3N.

Cyberpunk 2077 will download the Series X updated version free via. Smart Delivery, but
    note that COD: Cold War will not if you have the Standard Edition, but you will still be able to play it without the Series X upgrade. You either have to buy a digital upgrade or purchase the Cross-Gen or Ultimate edition of the disc release,
    to be able to access the Series X upgrade download.

Thema:

1. Control: Ultimate Edition for Series X won't start a game - Similar Threads - Control Ultimate Edition

2. Control Ultimate Edition glitch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Control Ultimate Edition glitch?: I played Control Ultimate edition all the way through, and got to the credits But they stopped and now i have a black screen and I can hear foreboding music but nothing else, I have restarted the...
  3. Xbox ultimate card that came with a controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox ultimate card that came with a controller: My brother bought a new xbox controller and he was surprised to see a 14-day xbox gift card in it. He gave the card for me to use but it said 'New customers only' I was upset now i am trying to...
  4. 'Control Ultimate Edition Turning Off Xbox Series X after a Crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    'Control Ultimate Edition Turning Off Xbox Series X after a Crash: I was playing Control normally as aways than suddently my game just crashed.. but this time, the crash didn't direct me to the dashboard, the console simply turned off.. I search a bit about it...
  5. Control Ultimate edition box art question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Control Ultimate edition box art question: I purchased a physical copy of Control Ultimate Edition to play on my Xbox One X. I haven't opened it yet because im afraid to. On the front casing it says "Xbox Series X", no mention of Xbox One...
  6. Control Ultimate Edition crashes often :(

in XboX Insiders
    Control Ultimate Edition crashes often :(: Finally got a Series X (paid a little extra unfortunately). Got Control Ultimate Edition, playing this game on 60 fps is a revelation, coming from an OG XBOX One. The Ultimate Edition though...
  7. Control Ultimate Edition not installing properly on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Control Ultimate Edition not installing properly on Xbox Series X: I bought Control Ultimate Edition sometime back in early October. When I received my Series X console yesterday, I was excited to play Control on it. I was met with disappointment however when I...
  8. Control: Ultimate Edition wouldn't start, now it won't reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Control: Ultimate Edition wouldn't start, now it won't reinstall: When trying to start the game this evening (with all DLC and the Xbox Series X version also readied on my console [the original Xbox One]), it wouldn't start; the screen would go black and I would...
  9. Control Ultimate Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Control Ultimate Edition: Hi everyone Bought Control Ultimate Edition today. Base game is only approx 17gb, but there are no indications of anything more to download (even though the MS store says the file size should be...
  10. Controller not recognized on gears of war ultimate edition

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller not recognized on gears of war ultimate edition: Hello, I installed Gears of war ultimate edition and when I launch the game, it does not want to recognize my controller, both wired and wireless. It works fine for my steam games but does not...