Control: Ultimate Edition for Series X won't start a game

Discus and support Control: Ultimate Edition for Series X won't start a game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had played Control when it was on Gamepass and ended up buying the Ultimate Edition when it was cheap in the games store. I start the Ultimate... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dezign8edDriver, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Control: Ultimate Edition for Series X won't start a game

I had played Control when it was on Gamepass and ended up buying the Ultimate Edition when it was cheap in the games store. I start the Ultimate Edition and it brings up the menu, but once it starts a new game, I hear a little bit of background music and then it crashes and sends me to the home screen. There are 2 versions of the game in the games store. One that contains only the Ultimate base game for Series X and the other has the Ultimate base game, the standard Control base game, and the 2 DLC. I've installed both versions at various points. I've even tried installing the game on different locations on the hard drive, bit nothing helps. I've read that I can start the game from the standard Xbox-Enhanced version and play the DLCs that way, but the standard Xbox-Enhanced version doesn't have the upgraded graphics and performance settings for Series X and I shouldn't have to have two full base games installed on my Series X to play the Ultimate Edition. I'm at a loss as to how to fix this, so I can play the Ultimate Edition.

:)

Dezign8edDriver, Sep 11, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Dezign, let's test some procedures

Open the panel by pressing the Xbox button in the center of the controller.

Scroll right on the panel to the System area.

Select Settings.

Select Network.

Select Network Settings.

Select NAT Test Type.

Tell me what appears on this test, please

Press the Xbox button > System > Restart console > Restart

After the console turns on again, hold the console's Xbox button (X- or start button) for approximately 10 seconds, the console will restart again.

Configuration>Network>Advanced Settings>DNS Settings>Manual>Primary 1.1.1.1 and Secondary 1.0.0.1

Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

Select System > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset Console.

Restore and keep my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

When asking to pull settings from an old xbox, put no

You will have to log in your accounts again, that's all

After all the processes, tell me the result please
  3. Francia J. Win User

Fifa 22 Xbox Series X

Are you seeing "FIFA 22 Ultimate Edition Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S"?

It's the edition or bundle that includes both Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.

If this is the standard edition it will say if it's Xbox One or Xbox Series X game. The Xbox One version though is playable on Xbox Series X as well.
  4. dobby220216 Win User

elite series 2 controller

I'm sorry to here that sadly I had my elite series 2 controller do the same thing, it started with the x button and then the bumpers, I noticed stick drift of both the sticks, sadly when I went to the store to exchange it for another one they had no
    elite series 2 controllers in stock, I switched to the Razer wolverine ultimate edition and so far its a great controller
  5. Giobox77 Win User

Fifa 23 just purchased no audio and poor graphics

I purchased the ultimate edition and then downloaded the standard edition for Series X/S
  6. Steve T24 Win User

Boarderland 3 - Huge fan of Boarderland games. Getting xbox series X soon. SO many versions of Boarderlands - any advice on making sure I get best/correct version?

Thema:

1. Control: Ultimate Edition for Series X won't start a game - Similar Threads - Control Ultimate Edition

2. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  3. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  4. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  5. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  6. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  7. Dual controllers on cloud gaming, xbox ultimate game pass.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dual controllers on cloud gaming, xbox ultimate game pass.: I bought an Xbox ultimate game pass, to play on my samsung TV, without the console. And I bought two xbox controllers with it. But when I try to play games like fifa and MK 11, it shows that the...
  8. My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate: My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate fc48839a-c898-49d5-9762-9f031e360e2b
  9. Control Ultimate Edition Crashes

in XboX Insiders
    Control Ultimate Edition Crashes: I bought recently control ultimate edition for the Xbox Series X, when I play the game on performance mode I have zero problens so far... But when playing on grafics mode (ray tracing, etc...) the...
  10. I'm playing game pass ultimate on my samsung 2022 smart tv with an esm 9124 controller. I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm playing game pass ultimate on my samsung 2022 smart tv with an esm 9124 controller. I...: I'm playing game pass ultimate on my samsung 2022 smart tv with an esm 9124 controller. I can't find how to save my game progress. Need help. 0fe3b65d-84ea-4985-9e8c-be47be7c8122