Control Pioneer AV Receiver with Kinect

Discus and support Control Pioneer AV Receiver with Kinect in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Pioneer VSX522 receiver. When setting it up through the XBOX, it sends a volume up command that works. It then sends a Mute command that also... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MPaquetteJr, Dec 27, 2015.

  1. MPaquetteJr
    MPaquetteJr Guest

    Control Pioneer AV Receiver with Kinect


    I have a Pioneer VSX522 receiver. When setting it up through the XBOX, it sends a volume up command that works. It then sends a Mute command that also works. Once the setup is complete, volume up and down do not work. It shows on the TV that it is doing
    it but the receiver does not respond as it did during setup. Mute works as does the power on/off with the XBOX. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the volume up and down working?

    :)
     
    MPaquetteJr, Dec 27, 2015
    #1
  2. Mister_Tez
    Mister_Tez Guest
    Question about upcoming Xbox one remote

    The official news post about the remote *only* says that Kinect is used for IR blasting your TV and your AV receiver. It doesn't say that Kinect is used to receive the remote's signals for controlling the console itself.

    Given that, and given that the console does have its own IR receiver, I'd assume that control of the console itself is direct using the remote. Kinect is just needed for TV/AV control, as the remote does not send signals to those directly.

    Remote > IR > Console = console control.

    Remote > IR > Console---Kinect > IR > TV & AV = TV & AV control
     
    Mister_Tez, Dec 27, 2015
    #2
  3. todd1010
    todd1010 Guest
    How to remove devices from Xbox One?

    I originally connected my devices (A/V receiver, ATT Uverse Cable Box, Pioneer TV) to my Xbox One. After giving it a try with everything connected that way, I decided to not use my A/V receiver.

    Since I had input the AV receiver as a device, I can't remove it but I can add another one. The reason is I want to use the Kinect to change the volume of the TV since its not connected to a AV receiver any longer.

    How do I remove the AV receiver from the "Devices" panel in the "TV & OneGuide settings?"
     
    todd1010, Dec 27, 2015
    #3
  4. snorkrat
    snorkrat Guest

    Control Pioneer AV Receiver with Kinect

    exact same problem here with a pioneer vsx421
     
    snorkrat, Nov 11, 2017
    #4
  5. snorkrat Win User

    Control Pioneer AV Receiver with Kinect

    exact same problem here with a pioneer vsx421
  6. Mister_Tez Win User

    Question about upcoming Xbox one remote

    The official news post about the remote *only* says that Kinect is used for IR blasting your TV and your AV receiver. It doesn't say that Kinect is used to receive the remote's signals for controlling the console itself.

    Given that, and given that the console does have its own IR receiver, I'd assume that control of the console itself is direct using the remote. Kinect is just needed for TV/AV control, as the remote does not send signals to those directly.

    Remote > IR > Console = console control.

    Remote > IR > Console---Kinect > IR > TV & AV = TV & AV control
  7. IceStorm III Win User

    Xbox One Controller Volume Control

    Feedback site is at http://feedback.xbox.com

    And Kinect already controls volume on the device of one's choosing - TV or AV Receiver.
  8. ShadowChaser36 Win User

    Setup with AV Receiver

    It'll be interesting to see how they deal with setups that have AV receivers in them and if they will allow the Kinect to control them as well(Volume and on/off).
  9. fugisan Win User

    Kinect Sensor is buggy after NXOE

    Do any of you also have issues with the IR blaster? My Kinect after the update wont control volume or power for my AV Receiver. Mute works, and in the setup menu it is able to control volume there but not outside the setup area. Its really really annoying!!
Thema:

Control Pioneer AV Receiver with Kinect

Loading...
  1. Control Pioneer AV Receiver with Kinect - Similar Threads - Control Pioneer Receiver

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Controller inputs "hijacked" when opening Game Bar

    in XboX Insiders
    Controller inputs "hijacked" when opening Game Bar: When I open the Game Bar—whether via controller or keyboard—while a game is running on xCloud through the Xbox app for PC, the Game Bar "steals" the controller input focus. I am forced to...
  4. Momentary disconnection on wired controllers. ASA

    in XboX Insiders
    Momentary disconnection on wired controllers. ASA: I'm having an issue with Alpha Skip Ahead, possibly using a wired controller specifically the Wolverine V3 TE Edition. Sometimes during gameplay, it's sorta like the controller disconnects...
  5. Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows: I’ve had this issue for years and I genuinely don’t understand how something this basic still hasn’t been fixed. I own five Xbox Wireless Controllers (Model 1914) and all five have the same...
  6. Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. Possible issue with controller since the update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Possible issue with controller since the update?: When I’m turning my console on my controller is going down to the bottom of the screen and not being able to move anywhere. Just like someone is holding the down pad on the controller. I’ve used...
  8. Controllers randomly disconnecting

    in XboX Insiders
    Controllers randomly disconnecting: No matter what controller I try to play with it disconnects and then reconnects every minute or so. I am playing on an Xbox series x and wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem?...
  9. Controller or UI bug with A button - Help!

    in XboX Insiders
    Controller or UI bug with A button - Help!: So, since last update all mu controllers can’t open anything without me pressing A a thousand times. Everything else is okey. On game they work fine, closing something by pressing B also works,...
  10. XBOX One breaks HDMI control with Pioneer system

    in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One breaks HDMI control with Pioneer system: Hi folks, I could really use some help with this issue. My XBOX One has broken my HDMI control set up. I have a pioneer tv (PDP 6020FD), a pioneer receiver (SC-27), and a pioneer blu-ray player...