Contacting Microsoft following Game Content Usage Rules

Discus and support Contacting Microsoft following Game Content Usage Rules in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Heyo! The Microsoft document back in 2015 about Game Content Usage rules (https://www.xbox.com/en-US/developers/rules) seems to have an invalid email... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Windperfect, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Windperfect
    Windperfect Guest

Heyo! The Microsoft document back in 2015 about Game Content Usage rules (https://www.xbox.com/en-US/developers/rules) seems to have an invalid email for contacting them for any sorts of issues- and current Microsoft support does not seem to support any copyright questions nor anything relative to the topic. Not sure how to handle this one, would like a reply as I do have a little bit of a pickle concerning some content copyrights

:)

Windperfect, Jun 29, 2022
  2. XBF John Win User

Hello,

Though I do not have an answer for you currently, I wanted to reply to notify you that I am looking for a correct contact email for you to interact with the Game Content Usage Rules. I am hoping to be able to supply you with an adequate answer in the coming days.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Best Regards,

3. XBF John Win User

Hey there, I have an update.

Unfortunately there is still some discussion on the page about the email and it's functionality, however whatever questions you have, I can forward to the proper internal contacts and get you an answer from the proper people.

Feel free to ask your questions here and I will forward and post the answers received.

Best Regards,

4. xEnvoy of Chaos Win User

Microsoft Game Content Usage Rules

I understand that they don't want you messing with their IP's like that but so long as he doesn't sell it for a profit shouldn't he be fine? There are mods for all sorts of games that use skins from all sorts of media.
  5. OCRyzen Win User

Star Wars: Empire At War, is a Lucas Arts game & you will need to get permission from Lucas Arts & also Microsoft Studios for using a HALO games content in Star Wars: Empire At War etc...

I highly doubt, Microsoft will allow it either..
  6. Bon3zz1001 Win User

[quote user="autana79"]

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

....just play Halo Wars instead of destroying and doing a bunch of stupid mods to other developers creations.

[/quote]
    My god. You have ZERO idea what a gaming community actually used to be about. I will say one thing mind you. was you around during the hey day of Pc game modding with the likes of Battlefield 1942, Max Payne 1+2 etc, etc, etc, etc, etc (Pretty
    much most of the PC back catalogue)?
    Erm, how did you find that at the time? And even now with the likes of DayZ for Arma II?
    [/quote]You seem to be forgetting this is the Xbox forums. Most people here don't even understand anything about PC gaming or the fact that mods =/= hacks and try to defend the 360 til the end. Tons of amazing things come from gamers creating mods. IE:

Look at Skyrim on PC
    or
    even Minecraft.
    And like above, DayZ for ARMA2 which mind you the developers are fully backing it by
    even selling a map on the game world on the official store and they're even working with the DayZ creators to bring it to ARMA3. While we're talking about that though, that mod
    single-handedly boosted that games sales. ARMA2 Combined Operations has been the top selling game on Steam ever since that mods release and it's not letting up yet. To even try to say mods "destroy" a developers creation is a joke itself. (99% of that wasn't
    @ you autana but you probably figured that out before even reading this sentence.)
Thema:

1. Contacting Microsoft following Game Content Usage Rules - Similar Threads - Contacting Microsoft following

2. Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...: How do I contact Microsoft where there is an issue with an item I have already sent for repair? The call back option hasn't worked all week. 4e588d15-a966-4e7a-b476-fa49a0b424d0
  3. Is there a contact number for Microsoft Xbox repairs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a contact number for Microsoft Xbox repairs?: Trying to contact Xbox repairs over a warranty but the call back system will not work on UK mobiles and I can't find a contact number or email address for them 51b0c94a-2c06-4ac4-a14a-d66e4ccca97c
  4. Does anyone know how to get in contact with a Microsoft support agent?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to get in contact with a Microsoft support agent?: I've had an ongoing issue with the Microsoft rewards app on Xbox where it keeps telling me to update my consoles location, causing me to lose my streak. I finally got some help via a live chat...
  5. How to I directly contact the Microsoft Enforcement team? And. Is the Microsoft Enforcement...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to I directly contact the Microsoft Enforcement team? And. Is the Microsoft Enforcement...: Hello my name is Daniel and I'd like to report a player/account. And I know you can via xbox but not for this specific action. The player extorted pretty much not "literally" cause I know this is...
  6. İ need to unlink my riot account and i cant find/contact any xbox/microsoft customer service

in XBoX Accessibility
    İ need to unlink my riot account and i cant find/contact any xbox/microsoft customer service: you will have to contact their customer support to unlink it as it is no longer linked with your Riot account and this appears to be an issue on their end. We cannot unlink it from this side as it...
  7. How can I contact Microsoft to discuss using old IP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I contact Microsoft to discuss using old IP: I’ve had very little luck finding an answer to this. I’m interested in creating a game based on an old IP that Microsoft gained in the Activision/Blizzard acquisition. Publicly, Microsoft has said...
  8. How do I contact Microsoft for my account if I’m banned for recovering my account from a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I contact Microsoft for my account if I’m banned for recovering my account from a...: I contacted Microsoft about this situation and they help me recover my account but then a week later it was banned. I spent years on this account, I need help please Microsoft!!!...
  9. How do i contact Minecraft Microsoft Support?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i contact Minecraft Microsoft Support?: Hello, I once bought Minecraft and one day when I logged in with the same gmail it logged me into a new account without minecraft and now when the launcher prompts me with "buy now" instead of...
  10. How can I contact Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I contact Microsoft: All my games are having graphic issues. When I start up my games they start off ok but when I launch into the game the background starts to distort and black lines appear....