Constantly losing/dropping wireless connection

Discus and support Constantly losing/dropping wireless connection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As of two days ago my Xbox One S has been dropping the wireless internet connection constantly. It worked just fine before that. The console was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gin93r, Jan 16, 2018.

1. gin93r
    gin93r Guest

As of two days ago my Xbox One S has been dropping the wireless internet connection constantly. It worked just fine before that.

The console was purchased on 2017-12-30.

I've scoured the internet for solutions and nothing has really seemed to work. Things I've tried:

- power cycling the xbox

- power cycling the router

- signing in and out of my account

- going offline / online

- deleting the network settings and re-adding them

- I'm not using Instant On.

I've checked the Network Statistics and many times most of the fields will just be blank. The latency will be at 0, and the connection will be at 100%, but everything is does not have any values. By that I do not mean 0's, I mean empty.

After deleting the network settings and re-adding them, then the statistics have showed up (~75mb down, ~35 up) and then it worked for about 5 minutes before dropping the network connection / connecting / dropping again.

Running the test connection will yield different results.. usually it tells me that I need to be connected to the internet. Which is odd when I just set it up.

The Network Status will keep switching between "All Services Available" and either "The following services are unavailable" or something of that nature.

I've finally ran a cable from the xbox to the router and I haven't had any more issues. Though with an Xbox that is less that 3 weeks old, I don't find this to be an acceptable solution to the problem.

A friend of mine mentioned that he knew someone with the same problem and eventually it wouldn't connect at all. They had to replace the wireless card in the xbox for it to connect again. I'm hoping that isn't the case.

:)

gin93r, Jan 16, 2018
  2. Server Problems

Constantly dropping connection. Will delete software if this continues.

CardKitten36680, Jan 16, 2018
  3. Constantly losing connection

So first off: - I have NO access to the modem as I live in an apartment - I have tried wired and wirelessly playing - I have a netgear router. If it's completely neccessary, I'll list the specs or whatever. Alright so I just recently bought this router
    not even a week ago because my router broke last semester. So we get the xbox connected and such for the first night, and all is well with xbox and cod Ghosts. As of lately, every time we attempt to connect to an online multiplayer game or extinction, we either
    get to jump in the game for maybe 10 seconds and then get booted with a "connection to host lost" or something like that. I also have been playing NCAA 14 and while on the load up, I lose connection to the EA Servers when I'm not even attempting to play online.
    I also get disconnected while playing extinction offline for the love of God. All in all, I frequently immediately go to the network settings afterwards and find that I'm completely connected to xbox live as always. It feels like I get dropped when attempting
    to play a game that can be played online which is a lot of my games. I've been seeing that this has been happening to a lot of people posting here and other websites so please, just tell me what's going on and when to expect the update that's been *** with
    a lot of people's connections. I FIRMLY believe this problem has little to do with my internet. So just cut to the chase please

Umm its Aaron, Jan 16, 2018
  4. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

Hey gin93r! Sorry to hear about the issue you're running to getting online. I would suggest a

factory reset
    of the console to see if that helps correct the network issue. If you continue having issues after that, I would suggest you contact the retailer for an exchange or

support
    for a repair. Thanks!

Mister Cizl, Jan 17, 2018
  5. Mister Cizl Win User

Hey gin93r! Sorry to hear about the issue you're running to getting online. I would suggest a

factory reset
    of the console to see if that helps correct the network issue. If you continue having issues after that, I would suggest you contact the retailer for an exchange or

support
    for a repair. Thanks!
  6. ISirProdigy007 Win User

Constantly losing Live and wireless controller connection

I havn't had these problems, but its could be your xbox one.
  7. KNoley Win User

Seems that with every new generation XBOX consoles get worse and worse with regard to connectivity reliability. You'd think it would be the other way around. Pathetic to have to pay an annual fee for this terrible of a product.
  8. PhillyDog532 Win User

Also just to be sure it is an Xbox One console having these issues, not the X360
  9. DustinNeverBone Win User

Strict NAT over a wired connection?

Just updating, finally got an Open NAT. Downloads are insanely faster than they were before but I constantly get dropped from Xbox Live. I get dropped out of parties, when I'm playing online and when I am using Netflix. Doesn't do this ever over a wireless
    connection.
Thema:

1. Constantly losing/dropping wireless connection - Similar Threads - Constantly losing dropping

2. My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...: Can anyone Help me the disconnecting is CONSTANT it doesn’t stop at all a0a1dc9f-61de-404a-a213-d12b65c72cdb
  3. Constant sign in notifications on Xbox app

in XboX Insiders
    Constant sign in notifications on Xbox app: So my friend just send me a screen shot and he was at least 30 sign in notifications for me on his phone over the past 3 hours as I've been playing. Does anyone know why it keeps notifying my...
  4. Why are games on my hdd stuttering constantly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are games on my hdd stuttering constantly?: I understand this isn't necessarily microsofts products but I thought this would be a good place to go. Games on my Hdd are extremely slow and keep stuttering. It's a brand new hdd. Seagate...
  5. Why is my Gamerscore constantly being altered?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Gamerscore constantly being altered?: Since last October and throughout every month as I earn Achievements my Gamerscore obviously reflects that.The problem arises when after initial correct display within minutes it has been reduced...
  6. HELP, Please? XboxOne Constantly Kicks Me Out of Games

in XboX Insiders
    HELP, Please? XboxOne Constantly Kicks Me Out of Games: Hello! I am having the hardest time with my XboxOne. Every single time I play Palworld it kicks me back to title or just freezes. My SO has a Xbox Series X and has zero issues with this happening....
  7. Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One controller - Right D-Pad constantly taking input: Greetings! I recently acquired a brand-new Xbox One controller, and initially, everything worked flawlessly for the first few days. However, as of yesterday, both my PC and Xbox have been...
  8. Xbox audio cutting out constantly

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox audio cutting out constantly: Whenever I am in apps, (yt tv, Spotify, YouTube, netflix) my audio cutting out all the time. Not a completly cutting out, just like lagging. But whenever I am in games or in party chat my audio is...
  9. Xbox controllers constantly disconnect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers constantly disconnect.: I used to have an Xbox one but recently upgraded to an X. I have an issue with my controllers which I hoped would be solved with the upgrade but it hasn't. My controllers often disconnect from my...
  10. My controller for some reason keeps showing that I'm constantly pressing rt even though im...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller for some reason keeps showing that I'm constantly pressing rt even though im...: [img] Hi, My controller for some reason keeps showing that I'm constantly pressing rt even though im not touching the controller at all. The controller is almost as new and this recently just...