Constantly losing connection to xbox live and freezing in skype and some games on some days

Discus and support Constantly losing connection to xbox live and freezing in skype and some games on some days in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had the console about ten days. The whole experience is really frustrating. Most difficult is the inability to connect to xbox live on Friday and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Coalmarx, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Coalmarx
    Coalmarx Guest

Constantly losing connection to xbox live and freezing in skype and some games on some days

I've had the console about ten days. The whole experience is really frustrating. Most difficult is the inability to connect to xbox live on Friday and Saturday nights and getting thrown off once i am in. So cannot play Halo. I've gold the gold pass but there
    seems to be a problem with virtually every game so that the whole thing is pointless.

- Skype is freezing today

- The hunting game constantly comes up with a message saying 'logging in'

- other games sign out

- unable to play two player fifa 2019 with two controllers

But basically its the xbox live connection that's the issue. Given that the xbox is brand new why is this happening? Its plugged in by wire and has a 70mbps internet connection.

Thanks,

Dave

:)

Coalmarx, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Coalmarx Win User

Don't think I'm any further forward with this and thinking of sending the console back - it still signs me out periodically and freezes during games. Not that bad but enough to be annoying. I've tried a few things - uPvP refresh, I've done a hard reset and
    reset not quite to factory default (because i didnt delete and reinstall the games). I don't think that will help because it was only a couple of weeks since the thing was at factory settings anyway.

I've set up port forwarding and checked the network settings. It always says i have a connection when i test it 'you're good to go' or something. Always comes back with top speeds at 90mbps when i do a speed test. However when i go to skype it says i don't
    have a network connection, i have to close that message a number of times and eventually it will let me call, but then it freezes during the video call. I have run the NAT test which is really weird because each time i run it (i just run it over and over again
    without changing anything else) it comes back with a different result. I've had open, moderate and no connection. Totally bemusing.

It really shouldn't be this hard to play a console, when i have a really standard virgin media ethernet connection. If its this hard then this just doesn't seem to be a feasible mass market machine to me. I have a PC also connected hard wire via ethernet
    and have none of these problems with messing about with firewalls, port forwarding, etc... if anyone has any further ideas please let me know otherwise i'm sending it back.
  3. XMoIsBackX Win User

4. Coalmarx Win User

Thanks Marlo,

I've done a reset and removed and readded my profile this morning. I checked NAT a few times and it always comes back as open, but don't know what that means.

The settings all come up fine, but occasionally i'm noticing that it says i have no connection and then i test my connection and then it says all is fine at 90mps.

I'm going to try setting up the wifi connection too, although this is how its been so far and that didn't help.

Bit wary of going through all that port forwarding nonsense - its right pain in the ****.
  5. Coalmarx Win User

Solution found! It was the ethernet connection. Signed in via wifi and all problems solved.
  6. MarloThaBuff Win User

Mine does this sometimes to me. I always have to check my NAT type in my network settings and refresh it. It may be an issue with your internet as well. Try troubleshooting your internet if you can, or try reconnecting and disconnecting the wifi on your
    Xbox, or even try it without the wired connection.
Thema:

1. Constantly losing connection to xbox live and freezing in skype and some games on some days - Similar Threads - Constantly losing connection

2. I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service: Wether it's about trying to remove old feeds or changing information. it simply won't work as i constantly get web errors or other stuff shoved into my face. Please fix your services or do...
  3. constant disk write error

in XBoX on Consoles
    constant disk write error: Ive been having a constant disk write error with steam, and steam only. Both steam, and the support for the specific game said it almost has to be a windows issue. my games will crash, then will...
  4. Xbox Controller Constant disconection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Constant disconection: I've had this problem with every single Xbox controller I have purchased so I figured it my computer at fault. The controller has been updated with the accessories app and new batteries have been...
  5. Constant controller disconnect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant controller disconnect: Hi there, For the past few months, I've been experiencing the following symptoms with all of my controllers with my Xbox Series X: Intermittently disconnecting and reconnecting a few moments...
  6. My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller and headset are constantly disconnecting from my Xbox and I don’t know...: Can anyone Help me the disconnecting is CONSTANT it doesn’t stop at all a0a1dc9f-61de-404a-a213-d12b65c72cdb
  7. Constant sign in notifications on Xbox app

in XboX Insiders
    Constant sign in notifications on Xbox app: So my friend just send me a screen shot and he was at least 30 sign in notifications for me on his phone over the past 3 hours as I've been playing. Does anyone know why it keeps notifying my...
  8. Why are games on my hdd stuttering constantly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are games on my hdd stuttering constantly?: I understand this isn't necessarily microsofts products but I thought this would be a good place to go. Games on my Hdd are extremely slow and keep stuttering. It's a brand new hdd. Seagate...
  9. Why is my Gamerscore constantly being altered?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Gamerscore constantly being altered?: Since last October and throughout every month as I earn Achievements my Gamerscore obviously reflects that.The problem arises when after initial correct display within minutes it has been reduced...
  10. HELP, Please? XboxOne Constantly Kicks Me Out of Games

in XboX Insiders
    HELP, Please? XboxOne Constantly Kicks Me Out of Games: Hello! I am having the hardest time with my XboxOne. Every single time I play Palworld it kicks me back to title or just freezes. My SO has a Xbox Series X and has zero issues with this happening....