Constant Microsoft Store App update, freezing Xbox One.

Discus and support Constant Microsoft Store App update, freezing Xbox One. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone know why my Xbox keeps updating the Microsoft Store App every few days, often causing everything to freeze and forcing me to clean the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gothlick, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Gothlick
    Gothlick Guest

Does anyone know why my Xbox keeps updating the Microsoft Store App every few days, often causing everything to freeze and forcing me to clean the memory again, sometimes a full wipe of EVERYTHING! Then, a week later maybe, it does it again!

I have cleared cache, 360 games, all of it, every different "ten second press, reset" whatever.

Any ideas, please? Anyone? Makes no difference if I sit and watch it update, it's still going to happen again.

:)

Gothlick, Mar 14, 2020
  2. schnurren Win User

Hello Gothlick,

Is it possible that you are subscribed to the Xbox Preview program?
  3. Yargh Win User

Not being able to download from the Xbox App on the storepage.

I have the same problem and I really tried all the steps. Xbox App is broken since last update. There are many reviews on the Microsoft Store about the Xbox App which tell all the same. Games can't be downloaded, App is "freezing"/not loading anything after selecting one game, only can be closed over the task manager.

Microsoft needs to fix it asap.
  4. Alchemist Don Win User

youtube app update

Anyone else having constant freezing after downloading this new update?
  5. StickierStream Win User

XBOX NO LONGER FUNCTIONS AFTER BETA

thanks for responding, um as of now it is still freezing basically as soon as i turn it on. sometimes it doesnt even get past the startup sequence and other times it will be 3 red rings or one with an error code E 79.Also it will sometimes let me start playing
    a game for mabe 5 minutes and then freeze.Problem I was having with the update before the freezing were video apps not workin, disconnectivity and constant updates that lasted about 4 minutes and then my xbox would freeze.I could go on and on.
  6. SammyVS Win User

downloading a game that I own on Xbox to pc

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

These steps can help you, give it a try.
    Check for updates on Windows Update, update everything including optional/additional updates.
    1. Logout from Xbox app and Microsoft Store app
    2. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store app in the Windows menu, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset.
    3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.
    4. Open the Microsoft Store app, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner>downloads updates>get updates and update everything.
    5. Restart your PC, log in to both apps and see if that solves the problem.

Make sure the account you purchased the game is the same one you use on the Microsoft Store app.
Thema:

1. Constant Microsoft Store App update, freezing Xbox One. - Similar Threads - Constant Microsoft Store

2. Error 0x87DD0005 - We couldn't sign you into your microsoft account (PC Gamepass) Constant...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error 0x87DD0005 - We couldn't sign you into your microsoft account (PC Gamepass) Constant...: As the title suggests, I have this problem constantly. It's been about 7 months of this battle through multiple windows updates. I have the EXACT same issue as this locked thread, and the...
  3. Minecraft wont download, keeps sending me to Microsoft store, constant "pending"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft wont download, keeps sending me to Microsoft store, constant "pending": I've read a question similar to mine but the replies didn't help: I've been trying to download Minecraft but it keep telling to to continue in Microsoft store so I try and the download is in a...
  4. I am receiving constant notifications to authenticate my microsoft account. I am going mad...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am receiving constant notifications to authenticate my microsoft account. I am going mad...: Getting message to authenticate microsoft account. My birthdate and residential address are incorrect and i am unable to edit these. 9691cfa2-d259-405e-ab0a-c848fc64c7fc
  5. Constant prompts to update Movies & TV and Microsoft Store every few seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant prompts to update Movies & TV and Microsoft Store every few seconds.: Starting on or near December 14th, 2020 my I started getting prompts to update the Movies & TV app. I clicked on Install and it started to install, but got stuck at 0%. I cancelled the install,...
  6. Why will microsoft do NOTHING about constant harassment.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why will microsoft do NOTHING about constant harassment.: So here I am, still being stalked and harassed by the same people. All started on 8-28-2020, ran into a pedophile grooming a young boy and took action and now the pedophile and her friends are...
  7. Boycott Microsoft!!!! Constant issues with Xbox One and Complete lack of customer care.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Boycott Microsoft!!!! Constant issues with Xbox One and Complete lack of customer care.: Ok...so for one since the update the Xbox One runs like complete poo. Games and Apps constantly either won't open or crashes. The OneGuide hasnt worked. The usb hubs power down whenever launching...
  8. Constant problems with microsoft bingo

in XBoX Accessibility
    Constant problems with microsoft bingo: I don't understand why a big company like microsoft can't fix the CONSTANT problems with the bingo site. The redeeming takes absolutely forever due to freezing issues and at times it simply shuts...
  9. Why Can't Microsoft Use the Internet - constant can't find Solitaire server.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can't Microsoft Use the Internet - constant can't find Solitaire server.: Look - The programmers need to figure out how to connect to Solitaire Server. There isn't a single challenge that I don't get the Can't connect message. On top of that, I get charged however...
  10. Interstellar Cartoon Apps constant crashing... Where is the QC Microsoft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Interstellar Cartoon Apps constant crashing... Where is the QC Microsoft?: What is with these apps MS? They can't play a single cartoon from beginning to end without crashing. Every single one, every single time. And I have an OG XB1, XB1 S, and XB1 X. The apps crash...