Constant black screen of death

Discus and support Constant black screen of death in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I keep fixing the black screen of death but after i turn my xbox one off and turn it back on, i just get the black screen of death and my games wont... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by kikijej, May 12, 2024.

1. kikijej
    kikijej Guest

I keep fixing the black screen of death but after i turn my xbox one off and turn it back on, i just get the black screen of death and my games wont work when i actually fix the black screen, can someome tell me how to fix this?

:)

kikijej, May 12, 2024
  2. kikijej Win User

Yeah, I’ve tried both but it still won’t work.
  3. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Kikijej! Thank you for your reply and the additional information.

- To clarify, have you already tried both kinds of factory reset?

I'd normally suggest waiting for the reset process to error out, but if you find that your console has been stuck on that screen for too long, you could try turning it off and back on. Please note that this can't be done if your console gets stuck during the update part of the reset process.

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  4. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Kikijej! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with your console.

Unfortunately, recurrent black-screening problems are often an indication of a hardware problem. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

- May I ask exactly what happens when you try to launch a game after fixing the black screen?

- Could you tell me how are you fixing the black screen?

- Do you have any external storage units plugged into your console?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  5. kikijej Win User

When I try to play a game, it constantly kicks me to my home page and gives me an error code, I fix the black screen by doing a factory reset but right now I’m not able to since when it says preparing console its stuck at 50%, also I’m having lag problems where my screen just freezes sometimes and I have no external storage units
  6. StelarAnenone Win User

Update problem

Same the black screen of death is here
Thema:

1. Constant black screen of death - Similar Threads - Constant black screen

2. Is there a way I can view/talk to my Xbox friends online instead of constantly having to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a way I can view/talk to my Xbox friends online instead of constantly having to...: I just feel like it'd be a lot more convenient and I haven't really seen anything about it. c7b606d6-5424-4fb1-9c3e-44aa5f07ada6
  3. My right thumbstick is constantly pressed down even though i am not pressing it at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My right thumbstick is constantly pressed down even though i am not pressing it at all: My right thumbstick on my xbox series x controller Is always pressed down even though I am not pressing it at all. Anyone know a fix? 00dd1c1c-98cd-477e-8045-4317899527cd
  4. Xbox game bar constantly crashing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar constantly crashing: Whenever I load up xbox game bar it loads for about 5 seconds then the widgets just say 'something went wrong with this widget' however it only seems to do this on 'Looking for group' and 'Social'...
  5. The left stick on my Xbox elite 2 controller is in a constant downward left motion

in XBoX on Consoles
    The left stick on my Xbox elite 2 controller is in a constant downward left motion: The left stick on my Xbox elite 2 controller is in a constant downward left motion, it’s like if I have the stick pointed to the left 6281967a-235e-4954-9c73-31478dde2c48
  6. Xbox remote play constant black screen

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox remote play constant black screen: Hello, when using the xbox remote play im getting contant blakc screens that makes the gaemplay go totally black for a few seconds then comes back on. It happens very frequentely as well. Im...
  7. Xbox remote play constant black screen while streaming

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox remote play constant black screen while streaming: When using the xbox remote play im getting contant blakc screens that makes the gaemplay go totally black for a few seconds then comes back on. It happens very frequentely as well. Im getting this...
  8. Xbox One - Call of Duty Black Ops 2 | Constant Xbox Live Disconnection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One - Call of Duty Black Ops 2 | Constant Xbox Live Disconnection: I purchased Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on the Xbox One Digital Store. I downloaded successfully. After I installed it, I booted it up and started to play Campaign since it has been so long since I...
  9. Black Ops 2 Constant Freezing After Treyarch Intro

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black Ops 2 Constant Freezing After Treyarch Intro: I'm having a HUGE problem with Black Ops 2. Recently, I wanted to go on Campaign from the Zombies screen, but when I pressed A to go there, the screen turned black and the Xbox didn't respond. I...
  10. Constant black screen after the green loading screen on my Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant black screen after the green loading screen on my Xbox One: Recently when I tried to go onto my Xbox it went onto the greem loading screen and then just went to a black screen and nothing happens. I have tried a number of suggested problem fixes such as a...