Console won't load past initial start up screen

Discus and support Console won't load past initial start up screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I turned my xbox one on the other night to play a game and got some sort of error message about the save file having an issue that I need to go into... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hereticdevil, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Hereticdevil
    Hereticdevil Guest

I turned my xbox one on the other night to play a game and got some sort of error message about the save file having an issue that I need to go into settings to fix. It immediately went back to the dashboard and another message saying it couldn't load the
    settings menu and to try again later. I turned the console off and turned it back on a moment later and now it will not load past the initial start up screen that displays the xbox one logo and the three bubbles underneath it. The three bubbles flicker across
    like its loading so I don't think it's completely frozen. I tried a hard reset with the same result. Turned the console off after removing the game and unplugged everything and tried it all again with the same result. I haven't been able to find a fix anywhere
    else. Someone please help.

:)

Hereticdevil, Mar 3, 2015
  2. Forza 5 will not start up

I cannot play Forza 5. I start forza 5 up and the initial start up screen begins. I get to through the first few start up screens and it won't load after the "microsoft studios" screen. The screen just goes black and nothing happens. I uninstalled
    and reinstalled the game but the problem persists. The game has not loaded for several days now. I do not know what to do.

marvelzombie616, Mar 3, 2015
  3. Jazz246
    Jazz246 Guest
    Broken Xbox

my Xbox freezes and won't start up past the login in screen please help

Jazz246, Mar 3, 2015
  4. RianMason
    RianMason Guest

When your console is stuck on the green loading screen and is unable to get passed that screen, it means your console has unfortunately failed to update. Not to worry, there is a fix for this!

First thing you need to do is you need to have a flash drive that is 2 GB or more. First thing you need to do is plug it into a computer and format the USB Drive to an NTFS. (First section of the link provided below)

Next you will need to download the update from the Xbox website link provided below. There are 2 different files, one for when the console was barely taken out of the box (OSUDT1).Another for the console that has had the first initial update out of the box,
    but is stuck on the current update (OSUDT2). (This is located on the second section Step 2: On your computer provided by the link below)

Once you get that file downloaded onto your computer you will need to extract the files onto the Removable Disk Flash Drive. Once that is done take the flash drive out of the computer and put it inside of your Xbox. Once you have it plugged in on your Xbox
    you will need to follow these instructions:

1. Unplug the network cable if you’re using a wired network connection.
    2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    3. Wait 30 seconds.
    4. Plug the power cord back in.
    5. Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your Xbox One console.
    6. Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.
    7. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    8. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart.
    Here is the link where you will find everything I've talked about above: http://support-origin.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

I hope this helps! If you have any questions please post below.

RianMason, Mar 3, 2015
  5. bustersnm
    bustersnm Guest
    Does this work if it loads to a black screen only. On March 2nd I cold rebooted my console, due to lag on the tv side. When I turned it on the screen stays black. Light on console comes on and make the sound when power button is pressed. After that just
    a black screen.

bustersnm, Mar 4, 2015
  6. RianMason
    RianMason Guest
    For your issue try this first Bustersnm try this first:

• Confirm that both your TV and Xbox One console are powered on.
    • Check that your TV is set to the proper input signal (HDMI).
    • Check that the HDMI cable connection to your console is secure.
    • Check that the HDMI cable connection to your TV is secure.
    • Perform a cold boot on your Xbox One console by holding the power button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds, and then power on again.
    • Reset your display settings. Here's how:
      1. If there’s a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.
      2. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.
      3. Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console.

Note This will boot your console in a low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset these settings again, press the Menu button, select Settings, and then select Display & sound.

For more information on advanced display settings, see How to adjust the display settings on your Xbox One console.
    • Try plugging the HDMI cable into a different HDMI port on your TV.
    • Try using a different HDMI cable to connect your console to your TV.
    • Try connecting your console to a different TV.

RianMason, Mar 4, 2015
  7. Hereticdevil
    Hereticdevil Guest
    Kryllo I did everything in your post and followed the steps in the link you posted. Everything seemed to be going fine but about 1/3 of the way through the updating stopped and i received this error message "E101 81070005 8007045D" Not sure what to do from
    here.

Hereticdevil, Mar 4, 2015
  8. RianMason
    RianMason Guest

Try reinstalling the update onto your Flash Drive again and retrying it, the E101 errors mean system update failure. It should fix it also make sure that you are downloading the correct OSUDT file.
    NOTE: You must be disconnected from the Internet for this update, that includes Wi-Fi so unplug your modem if you have to.

If this still does not work, the only other option is to set up a repair. It's cheaper to set up a repair online at https://myservice.xbox.com/en-US/Pages/Welcome.aspx from
    this page you can register your console if you haven't already. If you have, at the top click on 'Devices' and select the device you want to set up for a repair.

You can also set up a repair by calling 1-800-4MY-XBOX (1-800-469-9269). Make sure when you call them you have access into your account, otherwise they won't be able to set up a repair unless they can fortify your account. If you don't know your account
    information go to Recover your account to reset your password.

RianMason, Mar 4, 2015
  9. toxu07
    toxu07 Guest
    Hello. I also get stuck at the initial green screen on my xbox one. This USB flash method doesn't work for me. I tried it lots of times checking every step, i even tried different USB memory sticks. It just won't go into the update. The only solution i can
    think of now is to directly put the files on the hard drive from a PC. Can i get these files somehow? Is there another way in fixing it?

toxu07, Mar 4, 2015
  10. i also have this problem i did everything what the guide says but once the update gets to 75% done it doesnt do anything anymore and minutes later i get this E505 00000001 80070079 i tried this with 2 sticks does this mean i have to force the factory settings
    thing ? and if i do this is it safe to update again or should i just let the xbox one off until microsoft says it is ok to update ?

YuOminaeSSJ19, Mar 5, 2015
  11. Deko Rohrs
    Deko Rohrs Guest
    I'm getting the same problem from toxu07. Tried many times the USB method and doesn't work for me... Console won't load past initial start up screen :(

Deko Rohrs, Mar 8, 2015
  12. RianMason
    RianMason Guest
    If the USB method is not working for anyone unfortunately the only other option is to set up a repair for your console by going to the link in my post provided above or to call in for support.

RianMason, Mar 8, 2015
  13. Console won't load past initial start up screen

the usb method didnt work for me, i had to restore to factory defaults and now it works,just had to re download everything

YuOminaeSSJ19, Mar 8, 2015
  14. Deko Rohrs
    Deko Rohrs Guest
    @YuOminaeSSJ19,

How do you restore factory defaults as the USB method didn't worked to you?

My console don't starts from USB, I never hear the second power sound...

Deko Rohrs, Mar 8, 2015
  15. you know how to start the console in usb mode ? i had to keep those 2 buttonspressed until io heard the second power sound.the method to restore the console to factory defaults its the same as trying to use the offline data tool, you need to download this
    file
    www.xbox.com/.../restorefactorydefaults
    to do this

YuOminaeSSJ19, Mar 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Console won't load past initial start up screen - Similar Threads - Console won't load

2. Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a...: Hello! So I have a problem! On my xbox app the console icon won't pop up! I have a screenshot of the issue but it won't let me send it and the problem is on the app on my computer!...
  3. Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console: I just never had this problem until weeks ago and it still is happening today. I just can't download Minecraft because "there is an error on the download or there is corrupted data". I tried...
  4. Console sync button won't work for Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console sync button won't work for Xbox One S: I've had my Xbox One S for a few years and one day the sync button just stopped working. It wirelessly connects still but the sync will not work. Sometimes after I use a wire for a long time it...
  5. My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.: It's been 3 weeks since I played on my original Xbox One with two controllers. They connected fine before the issue happened. As for the issue, it happened the next day, I tried to play on the...
  6. My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It...: I don't understand why it's doing this, but i have a hunch. My little sister got some cleaner on it but i don't think any actually got inside, so i don't think it's that. I've tried a hard reboot...
  7. why won't my xbox register i've re linked my discord account. i've uodate my console and it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won't my xbox register i've re linked my discord account. i've uodate my console and it...: So i went to go on discord today on my xbox and it wasn't working saying i had to delink my account. that was two hours ago, i've done that over 8 times since then and it's STILL not working. i've...
  8. xbox app won't connect to console

in XboX Insiders
    xbox app won't connect to console: I've already set up but i'm trying to set up my app to my console but it just says sign in with your account and when i do that it either gives me an error or doesn't do anything submitted by...
  9. console won't eject or recognize disc anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    console won't eject or recognize disc anymore: I have a copy of garden warfare 2 in my Xbox and it won't be read for some reason. Do you know how to fix this? bce1ef64-3b39-4cdd-898e-2d124d7981f5
  10. Email address on xbox console 1 character different to xbox app. Won't sync obviously and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Email address on xbox console 1 character different to xbox app. Won't sync obviously and...: Hello everyone. My son has been using his xbox with his profile for years now, this weekend for his birthday he was bought fifa points and vouchers. We had to redeem online . We signed into his...