Console Update Alerts?

Discus and support Console Update Alerts? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there a way to be alerted when my console needs updating? It is infuriating sitting down to use it (either for TV or gaming) at a set time thats... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fiverxo, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Fiverxo
    Fiverxo Guest

Console Update Alerts?

Is there a way to be alerted when my console needs updating? It is infuriating sitting down to use it (either for TV or gaming) at a set time thats been planned on, and then to see a 60 minute console update is needed that I could've done beforehand. Even
    a damn email would be helpful.

:)

Fiverxo, Oct 23, 2017
  2. raigraphixs
    raigraphixs Guest
    Day One Patch

What file size is the update patch? (Updating online through console)

raigraphixs, Oct 23, 2017
  3. Xbox One Installing Game Updates

Yup - as beasty says, it downloads the data if in stand by but won't install it until you power the console up and launch the game. It did that for the BF4 update for me as well as the console update earlier in the week

Lurking Lawyer, Oct 23, 2017
  4. Console Update Alerts?

I have the automatic stuff "Keep system up to date" and same for games&apps turned off.

I never got a forced update until I initialized myself to do that.

I also use the link here to go by PC online to see that a new is available:

Xbox One Operating System Versions and System Updates

I think this work really well doing it like this.

But it happends that updates are mandatory and then they require immediate update, but rather few. I think the previous update that came about a week after yet previous one was such major importance. But they were seen at link above.

Updates are usually a week older in name than actual release date - so think they await possible response for problems that preview people has.

So maybe alert are difficult more than a day or so - they actually wait for possible problem reports.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 23, 2017
  5. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    I have requested such a notification several times.

Right now, you only know if an update is available if you manually go into Settings and have a look, or if the update has been out for long enough to become mandatory, then it gets forced upon you, which can kick you from what you're doing, or if you're
    only just turning the console on, force you to update before you can connect to Live.

What they need to do is add a notification that pops to let you know an update is available, then when you go to the update section, it should tell you what date/time the update becomes mandatory, so you know that if you don't install it by then it'll be
    forced upon you.

SigmaTheDJ, Oct 24, 2017
  6. Such feature would be nice as the new update has broken my xbox, I now can not sign into any account on it. -Personally I would never do an update on something unless reviews have come out about it since now I`m left without my XBOX

WeeMinecraft14, Oct 24, 2017
  7. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    What happens when you try and sign in?

Have you tried removing/re-adding your profile? Have you tried a factory reset, choosing the option to keep your games/apps installed?

SigmaTheDJ, Oct 24, 2017
  8. Console Update Alerts?

Whenever I try sign in it just says error, try again later..

Haven`t tried a factory reset as I can`t get pass the signing in page

WeeMinecraft14, Oct 24, 2017
  9. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    Try the startup troubleshooter: -

1. Make sure your console is fully turned off.

2. Press and hold both the bind button and the eject button and while continuing to hold them, tap the power button on the console itself to turn it on.

3. Continue holding the bind and eject buttons until you hear 2 power up tones that are spaced apart by a couple of seconds. Once you hear those, you can let go of the buttons.

The console will boot to a troubleshooting screen, where one of the options is to factory reset it.

SigmaTheDJ, Oct 24, 2017
  10. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    In all the years of playing the Xbox One almost nightly ive only been kicked out of live because of an update 1 time.

brandiesel1, Oct 25, 2017
  11. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    The thing with XB1 Updates is they have THREE (3) STAGES

- Download (fast if you have good internet and if the servers aren't playing up)

- Verification (takes AT LEAST 2x longer than the Download stage)

- Install (takes AT LEAST 3x longer than the Download stage due to slow antiquated fusion HDD technology at slow 5400rpm write hard drive speeds, SSD's and 7200rpm HDD's do it more quicker)

Maybe it will pay to leave your console plugged in to an always on AC power point and have your console on Instant On. Sometimes when you turn your console on it immediately brings up that screen. I WANT UPDATING. And how Windows 10 refers to updates as
    a "service" and them spamming us with updates as "normal". I'm surprised 21st century technology needs updating soooooooooooooooo much. And not everyone leaves their console on standby 24/7/365 days of the year.

I've noticed my updates are done sooooooooo much faster on my desktop PC since it has SSD tech where as on my HP 15' laptop which has a 6th gen i5 processor but 5400rpm takes way longer to complete this 3 stage update technique from Microsoft.

Just be weary around the start or so of every month, be prepared for an Xbox One update. Play some music, go on your phone or computer or eat or sleep.

Xbox 360's Update system is far worse. Granted it is by far nowhere near as frequent as the Xbox One Updates, when an update on 360 happens (a) the OS ABRUPTLY disconnects you from XBL (b) ABDRUPTLY disconnects you from your XBL Party with your friends (c)
    you get to watch a deliberately slow conducted update in progress.

Then, your console restarts..... and we know how long it takes to restart any machine with a 5400rpm fusion HDD (I'm surprised this 25+ year old piece of tech, is still used). And then you got to wait for the software to finish installing/updating.

smileskybird, Nov 1, 2018
  12. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Console Update Alerts?

Whenever I try sign in it just says error, try again later..

Haven`t tried a factory reset as I can`t get pass the signing in page
    Try the startup troubleshooter: -

1. Make sure your console is fully turned off.

2. Press and hold both the bind button and the eject button and while continuing to hold them, tap the power button on the console itself to turn it on.

3. Continue holding the bind and eject buttons until you hear 2 power up tones that are spaced apart by a couple of seconds. Once you hear those, you can let go of the buttons.

The console will boot to a troubleshooting screen, where one of the options is to factory reset it.
  13. WeeMinecraft14 Win User

Console Update Alerts?

Such feature would be nice as the new update has broken my xbox, I now can not sign into any account on it. -Personally I would never do an update on something unless reviews have come out about it since now I`m left without my XBOX
  14. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Console Update Alerts?

I have requested such a notification several times.

Right now, you only know if an update is available if you manually go into Settings and have a look, or if the update has been out for long enough to become mandatory, then it gets forced upon you, which can kick you from what you're doing, or if you're
    only just turning the console on, force you to update before you can connect to Live.

What they need to do is add a notification that pops to let you know an update is available, then when you go to the update section, it should tell you what date/time the update becomes mandatory, so you know that if you don't install it by then it'll be
    forced upon you.
  15. smileskybird Win User

Console Update Alerts?

The thing with XB1 Updates is they have THREE (3) STAGES

- Download (fast if you have good internet and if the servers aren't playing up)

- Verification (takes AT LEAST 2x longer than the Download stage)

- Install (takes AT LEAST 3x longer than the Download stage due to slow antiquated fusion HDD technology at slow 5400rpm write hard drive speeds, SSD's and 7200rpm HDD's do it more quicker)

Maybe it will pay to leave your console plugged in to an always on AC power point and have your console on Instant On. Sometimes when you turn your console on it immediately brings up that screen. I WANT UPDATING. And how Windows 10 refers to updates as
    a "service" and them spamming us with updates as "normal". I'm surprised 21st century technology needs updating soooooooooooooooo much. And not everyone leaves their console on standby 24/7/365 days of the year.

I've noticed my updates are done sooooooooo much faster on my desktop PC since it has SSD tech where as on my HP 15' laptop which has a 6th gen i5 processor but 5400rpm takes way longer to complete this 3 stage update technique from Microsoft.

Just be weary around the start or so of every month, be prepared for an Xbox One update. Play some music, go on your phone or computer or eat or sleep.

Xbox 360's Update system is far worse. Granted it is by far nowhere near as frequent as the Xbox One Updates, when an update on 360 happens (a) the OS ABRUPTLY disconnects you from XBL (b) ABDRUPTLY disconnects you from your XBL Party with your friends (c)
    you get to watch a deliberately slow conducted update in progress.

Then, your console restarts..... and we know how long it takes to restart any machine with a 5400rpm fusion HDD (I'm surprised this 25+ year old piece of tech, is still used). And then you got to wait for the software to finish installing/updating.
  16. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Console Update Alerts?

Such feature would be nice as the new update has broken my xbox, I now can not sign into any account on it. -Personally I would never do an update on something unless reviews have come out about it since now I`m left without my XBOX
    What happens when you try and sign in?

Have you tried removing/re-adding your profile? Have you tried a factory reset, choosing the option to keep your games/apps installed?
Thema:

Console Update Alerts?

1. Console Update Alerts? - Similar Threads - Console Update Alerts

2. Skip console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skip console update: Why am I forced to update my console to continue using it? I'm staying in a hotel with limited daily Wi-Fi usage, and my Xbox has prompted me to either update my console or continue offline. All I...
  3. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  4. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  5. When Updates Are Coming to Series S and X Consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    When Updates Are Coming to Series S and X Consoles: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c56da21c-daf2-404a-bc36-10e94434f9a0
  6. Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!: My console downloaded the April update last night and now no matter what I do I can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X. A little annoying since A: it sounds better than windows sonic and B: I paid $20...
  7. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  8. Problem on old gen console with new update

in XboX Insiders
    Problem on old gen console with new update: Hey all so I'm still on xbox one x and I have a problem with the new update I'm reaching out to try and see if maybe someone here has had the same problem before. After this most recent update I...
  9. Preview Beta update bricked my console...

in XboX Insiders
    Preview Beta update bricked my console...: I had recently made a post about my Xbox not recognizing any local wifi area networks, and now it's not accessing wifi despite being plugged in with an otherness cable directly. Internet works...
  10. Console refuses to recognize any wifi, and does not connect to internet after recent update.

in XboX Insiders
    Console refuses to recognize any wifi, and does not connect to internet after recent update.: My Series X 9/10 times, will not display any local area wifi networks, in the 1/10 times it does, and I enter the password for our wifi, it says it cannot connect to the internet. I'm unsure of...