console turns off when watching video

Discus and support console turns off when watching video in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have looked all over but yet to find a answer to this. It started last month, my xbox will turn off within 1 minute of starting a video. At first i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Steven2151, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Steven2151
    Steven2151 Guest

I have looked all over but yet to find a answer to this. It started last month, my xbox will turn off within 1 minute of starting a video. At first i though it was netflix, but I have the same problem when using xbox video store, netflix, crunchyroll. I
    can play games all day no problem but yet I cant use any video serice without console turning off. Please help if you know anything about this.

:)

Steven2151, Jan 17, 2015
  2. pkvas
    pkvas Guest
    Xbox wouldn't turn off

Last night I was watching a video on xbox video than when credits came up I turned off the machine with kinect like I always do but this time it didn't turn off well it went off the screen but the lights on console and kinect kept going off for a few seconds
    than back on for a few seconds and pressing the power sensor made a noise but wouldn't turn it on or off. I finally got it to turn back on by putting in a disc. Then it finally shut down properly

pkvas, Jan 17, 2015
  3. IrvingWalker
    IrvingWalker Guest
    Kinect Turns Off When Watching TV

If i am watching TV through the Xbox for a prolonged period of time the Kinect starts to reset itself or something. I get a message on the screen saying 'Your Kinect Is ready to use' and then options to setup now or cancel. I cannot use the Kinect for voice
    commands at this time and cannot remove the error message as it comes back again a few seconds later if i push cancel.

Is this faulty units or something that can be resolved?

IrvingWalker, Jan 17, 2015
  4. scunger
    scunger Guest

I don't know anything about it but I'm experiencing the same issue when I watch a film or something via windows media player. It's very frustrating as you then have to start all over again.

scunger, Jan 20, 2015
  5. scunger Win User

I don't know anything about it but I'm experiencing the same issue when I watch a film or something via windows media player. It's very frustrating as you then have to start all over again.
  6. Tenjoseslash Win User

My xbox one is spinning disc while shutting down

what you can do is to push a button of emergency ejection when the console is turned off. i'll leave a video so you can do it yourself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBfiwnfLqgg
  7. OriginalEyeball Win User

age restriction

I was'nt allowed to watch Robocop when was a kid.My dad rented it for me at the video store and my mum turned it off!I was devastated.Thing is i'd already watched "A Nightmare On Elm Street" with my dad.
  8. Arminator Win User

Xbox One X Fan sounds way louder than usual

My Xbox One X fan sounds like a jet about to take off when I'm playing games, it sounds silent when I'm just sitting on Xbox home or watching Twitch or Netflix, but soon as a start up a game it gets loud sometimes it even causes my Xbox to turn
    off on its own while I'm in a middle of a game ....
    If you play a Xbox One X enhanced game it's normal for the fan to be louder than when on Xbox Home or watching video apps like Netflix or Twitch.

However, the console turning off is not. Can you check if your console is directly connected to a wall outlet, or if you use a power strip? Can you connect the console directly to the wall outlet? If possible, also try a different wall outlet.

Also try the troubleshooting steps for the console turning off unexpectedly here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/console-turns-off-unexpectedly
  9. XBF Brad A Win User

Automatic sign out

Hello Rider,

Thanks for coming to the forums. When you are watching a movie try turning the controller off while watching. Sometimes also when the console sits idle even if watching movie it will sign you out. Under power and start up try increasing the inactivity for
    when it will turn off.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. console turns off when watching video - Similar Threads - console turns off

2. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  3. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  4. Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console

in XboX Insiders
    Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console: Hi lads, I bought an Xbox yesterday from a friend as they never used the console. I signed into my account and downloaded the games I wanted and that was fine. However once I turned it off and...
  5. my keyboard works every 5 times a turn the console off and doesnt work most of the time the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my keyboard works every 5 times a turn the console off and doesnt work most of the time the...: my keyboard doesnt work with my xbox one s but does work every 5th time a shut the console off if im lucky the keyboard i am using is the razer hutsman mini c0faa0ae-0b63-4517-a2f8-d4b2d3e0d46d
  6. Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...: Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just turns off and thats it then i have to restart the update every time 1c8704b4-da52-4e52-a310-f815f117ae43
  7. When click on xbox button on console, it blinks and immediately turn off... Try everything...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When click on xbox button on console, it blinks and immediately turn off... Try everything...: I have xbox one s. When click on xbox button on console, it blinks and immediately turn off... Try everything what to do 3a9362ba-c611-4df0-bda4-b239164c0548
  8. My XboxOneS controller not turning off console…

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My XboxOneS controller not turning off console…: Hi there! My XboxOneS controller works perfectly until I hold the X button to turn off the console. Once I get to the What do you want to do? screen to turn off the console as soon as I try to...
  9. Should i just turn off console or completely shut down the xbox series s evertime after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should i just turn off console or completely shut down the xbox series s evertime after...: I am asking it because i am new to xbox . c73f055a-8ce4-41b1-8a39-3b5e6987c042
  10. Why does my Xbox one console turning off when playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one console turning off when playing: My Xbox one console keep turning off when playing games how do I stop it from turning off when playing games 6a59b5f6-b686-4ef2-887f-cb5f05d2151f