Console thinks a headset is connected when one isn’t

Discus and support Console thinks a headset is connected when one isn’t in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why does it think it’s connected and when I plug in my mic I can’t talk and I can only hear out of one side of my headset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bobby Vander, Jul 15, 2023.

  1. Bobby Vander
    Bobby Vander Guest

    Console thinks a headset is connected when one isn’t


    Why does it think it’s connected and when I plug in my mic I can’t talk and I can only hear out of one side of my headset

    :)
     
    Bobby Vander, Jul 15, 2023
    #1
  2. Rostom L Win User

    Console thinks a headset is connected when one isn’t

    Hi Bobby! I'll do my best to help.

    What exactly are your Xbox console and controller/headset models?
    Is your headset directly plugged in to your controller?
    Are you using a separate mic aside from your headset?
    Also, when did this issue start to occur?
    What steps have you tried so far?

    I recommend that you try all the suggested troubleshooting steps from the link below:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

    Best regards,
  3. Pukingt0n Win User

    Xbox Wireless Headset, Party Chat Mixer Greyed Out. Left headset wheel doesn’t do anything.

    This isn’t to do with the controller, but regardless, I have three controllers and it’s the same with each. I don’t think you know the product. The product in question is the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset. It doesn’t need to plug into a controller. It’s a BT headset and connects directly to the Xbox.

    This product: https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/accessories/headsets/xbox-wireless-headset
  4. Skepticality Win User

    Vr headset help

    I dont think any vr headset will work for xbox considering there isn’t an official ome
  5. Qwertei Win User

    Console thinks a headset is connected when one isn't

    [quote user="Any1GotADollar"]How would I go about updating the controller?[/quote]

    You'll need to connect the controller with a micro USB and to the console a standard USB 3.0

    Something similar to this

    www.ebay/Xbox-to-controller-USB/MicroUSB

    Once connected to the console and controller go to settings - kinect & devices - devices & accessories - xbox one wireless controller - update
  6. Aaron_C. Win User

    Console thinks a headset is connected when one isn't

    @Bimnog

    How would I go about updating the controller? It updated itself when I first used the system and hasn't mentioned an update since.

    @YoyoGod

    I don't have a Kinect, and I don't think the headset is recognized as a "device".
Thema:

Console thinks a headset is connected when one isn’t

Loading...
  1. Console thinks a headset is connected when one isn’t - Similar Threads - Console thinks headset

  2. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  3. XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring: I really liked that I could press A and it would launch the game card/hub and then I could select PLAY on any tile on the home screen. A few days back that behavior changed and A launched the game...
  4. If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?

    in XboX Insiders
    If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?: Currently in the ASA ring and I have a One X that's giving me more and more issues every day. Wanted to put it back on the public build and see if that clears up anything. Won't be getting my 25th...
  5. The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles: Hey everyone, With the industry pushing toward digital-only hardware ecosystems, those of us with massive physical collections (Original Xbox and Xbox 360) are facing a serious preservation...
  6. Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...: So, I have a very specific use case for the new Disc-to-Digital feature, and I’m wondering if anyone with multiple Xbox consoles has actually tested this. I’m trying to unlock the Dominion...
  7. No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??

    in XboX Insiders
    No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??: So for us lowly digital only console owners what hope is there without support for an external disc drive? submitted by /u/Andymg350 [link] [comments]
  8. Reporting from the console more conveniently would be possible. What do you think?

    in XboX Insiders
    Reporting from the console more conveniently would be possible. What do you think?: Today I had to report dozens of things, and after reviewing everything, I ended up using Remote Play with the snipping tool to capture the QR code and scan it directly so I could write reports...
  9. Roblox thinks Im using console while Im on PC

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox thinks Im using console while Im on PC: when I joined the game, even that Im on pc, it shows me console controlls like A to jump and more 4bec9f08-b977-4d0f-93d0-c6f965ad33ef
  10. My console was banner and I can’t figure out why but i also cannot think of a reason i...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    My console was banner and I can’t figure out why but i also cannot think of a reason i...: Really not sure why my console is banned was just minding my own business when suddenly i was told i was banned from the xbox network but i have done nothing to get reported or banned for so...