Console streaming refuses to work, does not provide reason why, how do I fix this?

Discus and support Console streaming refuses to work, does not provide reason why, how do I fix this? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Over the last few weeks, when attempting to stream from my Xbox One to my PC, it often fails to function, here's the process of what normally happens:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JamesTDG, Mar 16, 2022.

1. JamesTDG
    JamesTDG Guest

Console streaming refuses to work, does not provide reason why, how do I fix this?

Over the last few weeks, when attempting to stream from my Xbox One to my PC, it often fails to function, here's the process of what normally happens:
    Launch Xbox app on PC > click stream from console > click specific console > wait 1 second > stream attempt fails
    Now then, I have tried the following to resolve this problem:
    Restart PC
    Restart console
    Restart router
    Unplug and plug back in console
    Unplug and plug back in PC
    Switch to wireless internet connection
    Switch back to a wired internet connection
    Stream from phone instead

All of these methods keep on ending with the same result, I am using a perfectly running refurb Xbox One with 5g internet and my computer setup is working just fine, is there any way else I can try to resolve this problem or am I SOL and have to be unable to play on my XBox One ever again? (FYI, my TV is broken and replacing one is just too much for me to afford, which is why I am reliant on game streaming here)

:)

JamesTDG, Mar 16, 2022
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Assuming what is suggested above doesn't work, can you not plug your Xbox into your computer monitor? Or does your monitor not work with the Xbox One?

Just trying to work out if there is a cheaper way to get around only having one display. I used to only have a monitor (my TV was rubbish) so I used to have my PC connected by DP and my Xbox by HDMI. If your monitor only has one HDMI port and no DP port, maybe you could get an HDMI splitter (think a decent one is around $30, could possibly get one for less)?
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Kindly try to stream your Xbox One using the Xbox console companion.

Also, if that didn't work, we may need to check the setting on your Xbox which will require you to use a Monitor or TV. You can try and use your PC Monitor to check if your streaming setting is turned on.

You can check this link for your reference: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  4. adi_677 Win User

Cant install game

So how do i fix this? as the xbox app refuse to work properly
  5. SToNeP2277 Win User

All my app are installed and playing well

How does VUDU work for you? It plays for me but it quits playing for no reason. What should i do to fix this problem if possible?
  6. xolanisithole Win User

Xbox 360 not turning on

How do I fix that and why do the USB ports work if the isn't getting into the console
Thema:

1. Console streaming refuses to work, does not provide reason why, how do I fix this? - Similar Threads - Console streaming refuses

2. XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  3. Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...: Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to stream games from my Xbox One X to YouTube? d5de1c6e-872c-46e2-8615-447b0133d214
  4. Horizonal line going down middle of screen while stream/remote-in console Xbox on pc using...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Horizonal line going down middle of screen while stream/remote-in console Xbox on pc using...: Hi, While playing with cloud services or remoting in to my console I get a horizontal line appearing every few seconds. See video here: Recording 2023-11-18 090809.mp4 I have made sure all...
  5. xbox wireless streaming handheld console

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox wireless streaming handheld console: Can the xbox team release a streaming handheld console? PlayStation Portal streaming can use the 2.4g wireless protocol PlayStation Link for local low-latency streaming. The principle is similar...
  6. Is it still not possible to stream from one console to another?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it still not possible to stream from one console to another?: I have a Series X in my living room, a One X in my bedroom. I have Starfield installed on my Series X, in a quick resume state. I want to be able to turn on my Xbox One X in my Bedroom, select...
  7. I can’t get discord to allow me mw stream through my console even though I’ve enable all...

in XBoX on Windows
    I can’t get discord to allow me mw stream through my console even though I’ve enable all...: I can’t get discord to allow me mw stream through my console even though I’ve enable all necessary settings/restrictions- does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem?...
  8. Streaming at 1080p 60fps on Console and Streaming Directly to YouTube

in XboX Insiders
    Streaming at 1080p 60fps on Console and Streaming Directly to YouTube: Hey Xbox. I have one question. How can we not stream at 1080p 60fps on an Xbox Series S/X but on a PS4, You can stream at atleast 720p 60fps. And the PS4 came out in 2014 and Can at least get...
  9. Xbox Streaming App from Console - 1080p?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Streaming App from Console - 1080p?: It’s not clear to me if the current Xbox App on PC supports 1080p streaming from the Xbox Series X or if the Xbox Game Streaming Test App supports 1080p …or neither? Does anyone know if 1080p is...
  10. Xbox controller input is not detected in games, console streaming, and cloud gaming on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox controller input is not detected in games, console streaming, and cloud gaming on...: Hey all, I've been having an issue getting Xbox controller(s) to work in games on Windows 11. I have tried many combinations of the following Controller: Elite Elite Series 2 Elite Core 2...