Console remote play button missing on latest version of the xbox app

Discus and support Console remote play button missing on latest version of the xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Right around the first week of the year the remote play button disappeared from my xbox app and now it only displays the insider Hub icon. Thusly, I am... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KJAXX06, Jan 19, 2022.

1. KJAXX06
    KJAXX06 Guest

Right around the first week of the year the remote play button disappeared from my xbox app and now it only displays the insider Hub icon. Thusly, I am not able to use the app to stream over my network to my PC. I also noticed that it was missing on the official MS store screenshot advertisements.

I am using version 2112.1001.10.0 of the xbox app for PC.

The remote play button is present on my phone and my ipad apps.

Is there any direction to allow remote access to my PC again?

:)

KJAXX06, Jan 19, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

That's strange. Try this: Go to Windows settings >> Apps >> Xbox >> Advanced >> Repair & Reset.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Reinstall the app please. After enabling remote features on the console, it should show on the app.
  4. KJAXX06 Win User

Thank yo SOOO much for sticking in there with me! Now I can focus on something else in my life!!
  5. KJAXX06 Win User

Thank you for the reply Jesse!

Still no luck.

The app still shows

[​IMG]

Where it used to show the remote console connection icon before the insider's hub icon.
  6. Jesse E' Win User

I'll suggest you try doing a factory reset keeping games and apps on your console. This will refresh the console and remove all potential bugs without deleting any game data.

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

- Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

- Select Reset console.

- Choose Keep Games and Apps

Once that is done, you'll need to sign into the console using your Microsoft account credentials. If the issue is with your console, that should fix it.

Once you're done, reinstall the app
Thema:

1. Console remote play button missing on latest version of the xbox app - Similar Threads - Console remote play

2. Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...: I've got a backbone that connects to my phone that enables xbox remote play on my android device. I have enabled remote play and connected my console to my phone through the app. The issue is that...
  3. Can I play EAFC 24 on remote play? And does it work just like it does on console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play EAFC 24 on remote play? And does it work just like it does on console?: I have just bought a backbone controller for my iPhone so I can play games on the go. I was wondering if EAFC 24 works on remote play just as it does on console. Can I play online? And how does...
  4. No console appearing with remote play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No console appearing with remote play: I have Remote play enabled and all the minimum requirements are met, but when I try and connect to the console with the Xbox app no console shows up even though it’s on and updated? Is there...
  5. Input Lag Remote Play on Series X but not on older consoles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Input Lag Remote Play on Series X but not on older consoles.: Hi, I had a problem for quite some times, I used to be able to Remote play on my pc from both my two older xboxs, ( OG xbox one, And an Xbox One X ) both of those machine will remote play to my...
  6. Remote Play Not Working - We found your console but cannot connect

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play Not Working - We found your console but cannot connect: I am trying to connect to my XSX from work using my Windows 11 Laptop, I can see the Xbox inside the console list in the Xbox app, I try to connect and I get this error: We found your console but...
  7. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  8. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  9. X box remote play not working when phone on 5G and console on home network?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X box remote play not working when phone on 5G and console on home network?: Hi, I have read through many threads looking for answers and still haven't come to clear reason why this is still not working. Remote play works when on the same network but, will not work...
  10. Can I play games from one of my consoles on another console I own? Does remote play allow...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play games from one of my consoles on another console I own? Does remote play allow...: Hi, I own a Series X: 1 TB, and a Series S: 4TB. I want to know if remote play will allow me to play games from the 1S on the Series X? This is not about remote gaming from a mobile device,...