Console randomly turns itself on (and off)

Discus and support Console randomly turns itself on (and off) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had my Xbox One for a total of 2 days and this has been happening ever since I first turned it on. The console will randomly turn itself on and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Martin Hatch, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Martin Hatch
    Martin Hatch Guest

I've had my Xbox One for a total of 2 days and this has been happening ever since I first turned it on.

The console will randomly turn itself on and then off. This is accompanied by the sound you get when you press the button on the front of the console (sometimes it will make the noise several times in a row ... say the "turn on" sound .. then the "turn off"
    sound 4 or 5 times in a row).

I have tried:

• System Update
    • Power Cycle (several times)
    • Disconnecting power cord and restarting (several times)
    Because I am getting the audio "tinkle" sound (from pressing the power button) I assume this is not a Kinect / Controller issue (as turning the console on or off using the controller or speech doesn't make any noise).

Has anyone else has this issue? And is there a fix?

:)

Martin Hatch, Dec 31, 2013
  2. Xbox randomly turns itself on and off

my Xbox has started turning itself on and off randomly.... sometimes while I'm playing a game, other times while I'm just watching tv... why doesn't it do this??!! PLEASE HELP!!!

burnerpilot78, Dec 31, 2013
  3. Xbox randomly turns itself on and off

It sounds like there could be an issue with either the console or power supply. If the steps in the guide didn't help, it's best to contact our chat/phone teams. The console may need to be serviced and they would be able to look into the warranty status
    with you.

You can contact Official Xbox Support through either the live chat option (if available) or phone team
    HERE.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Dec 31, 2013
  4. Console randomly turns itself on (and off)

Did you try another power power source to see if that is... if not then you might have. a defective console... try to reach support to see what can be done in your case!?!?

HyperVenom523, Oct 7, 2018
  5. Hey there Atlas0416!

If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you!

XBF Esteban R, Oct 31, 2018
  6. HyperVenom523 Win User

Did you try another power power source to see if that is... if not then you might have. a defective console... try to reach support to see what can be done in your case!?!?
  7. XBF Esteban R Win User

Hey there Atlas0416!

If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you!
  8. WILK0-98D843A7-6EBD- Win User

Console turns ON and OFF by itself

My 250 gig Slim console is also randomly turning itself off and resetting the display options...
  9. XBF Chris J Win User

Accensione e spegnimento continuo della console [Edit - translation] - Continuous switching on and off of the console

Hello ,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console has been turning itself on and off randomly. Have you tried power cycling your console and moving it over to a different outlet? Aside from that, if your console is only turning
    off randomly then check out this support article: Troubleshoot Xbox One unexpectedly turning off
  10. burnerpilot78 Win User

Xbox randomly turns itself on and off

Hey there ,

That's interesting for sure and we do have a guide that can help. Let's have you try the steps on our guide

HERE
    and see if it helps out.

Mister Mascot

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
    thank you for the reply... tries the steps in the guide and there was no difference in operation.. I even left it totally unplugged for an entire day, plugged it back in and got about 10 minutes of gameplay in before it shut off all by itself, then a couple
    mins later it turned itself back on, then back off, and back on again.... what's wrong with my Xbox?
Thema:

1. Console randomly turns itself on (and off) - Similar Threads - Console randomly turns

2. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

in XBoX on Windows
    If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...: If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?...
  3. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  4. Skip console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skip console update: Why am I forced to update my console to continue using it? I'm staying in a hotel with limited daily Wi-Fi usage, and my Xbox has prompted me to either update my console or continue offline. All I...
  5. How to see if an xbox one console is temporary banned or pernamently banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to see if an xbox one console is temporary banned or pernamently banned: I bought an xbox one s console and i had my friend giving me his account that has gamepass on it i played with it for about 2 weeks and it got banned. and i ask my other friend to give me his...
  6. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  7. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  8. Hello, I'm controller randomly freezes when playing gta5. I have to reboot console each...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, I'm controller randomly freezes when playing gta5. I have to reboot console each...: Hello, I'm controller randomly freezes when playing gta5. I have to reboot console each time this happens. Its a xbox fault that needs addressing. What do I do I have a xbox x....
  9. Xbox controller randomly disconnects when plugged into the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller randomly disconnects when plugged into the console: I use an Xbox One S, and a black Series controller. I'm using the cable provided by Microsoft/Xbox. I had the same issue with the controller that came with the console. Googling for an answer...
  10. My cyberpunk 2077 randomly went missing after I decided to update my console any answer to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My cyberpunk 2077 randomly went missing after I decided to update my console any answer to...: Cyberpunk 2077 randomly went missing after new console update d6a83d87-1fe8-4f6e-9763-c3a910f9fbfc