Console Powers Off Unexpectedly Only During Disc Games

Discus and support Console Powers Off Unexpectedly Only During Disc Games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've tried all the troubleshoot techniques for my power supply and none of it has helped. I chatted with MS last night and did a power supply reset.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by great2bgross, Jan 1, 2016.

1. great2bgross
    great2bgross Guest

I've tried all the troubleshoot techniques for my power supply and none of it has helped. I chatted with MS last night and did a power supply reset. Still shuts off after about 20-40 minutes of gameplay.

The funny thing is I can play downloaded games (without a disc) for as long as I want. The console only seems to shut down during disc games.

I've cleared the cache on the hard drive. I've turned off the auto-power off feature. Don't know what else to do! Is this a power supply issue or disc drive issue or something else?

Any help or tips would be MOST appreciated!

Jason

:)

great2bgross, Jan 1, 2016
  2. moose0405
    moose0405 Guest
    XBox Powers Off Unexpectedly

I have a Xbox One Elite. When I am playing a game, any game, about thirty minutes into it, the console and power supply shut off. To reset the system I have to unplug the power supply, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in and power everything back up.
    I do not have this issue when streaming video like Netflix or watching TV through my cable box, just when playing games. The power supply had a pretty good amount of dust in and around the ventilation ports, I cleaned it out with air duster and am still having
    the same issue. I am thinking this might be an issue with the power supply but would like to see what folks are saying on here. Additionally, I have done the chat thing with Xbox support and it didn't really help much, they just copy and pasted from the trouble
    shooting guide, which I had already done. Thank you

moose0405, Jan 1, 2016
  3. XBOX ONE powers off unexpectedly

Yeah I got hold of microsoft 3 times and on the 3rd they said I had to either exchange it or send it in. But when u do get a hold of them they will tell u to hold the power button for 10secs then unplug your console completely wait 1 min then reconnect it

DURANTULA 215, Jan 1, 2016
  4. Console Powers Off Unexpectedly Only During Disc Games

The only way to really be sure where the issue lies is to borrow a PSU from a friend and see if the issue persists. If so it's the console, if not then it's the PSU. Having a disc in there will produce slightly more heat that could trigger the console to
    shut down, but then again it also draws more power which could cause the power supply to overheat.

Skeeter Quill, Jan 1, 2016
  5. Irixion
    Irixion Guest
    It's probably the heat, and not the PSU. It's very unlikely that your PSU half works. Could be your drive. What error code(s) do you get?

Irixion, Jan 2, 2016
  6. great2bgross
    great2bgross Guest
    I'm not sure. Is there an error code log?

great2bgross, Oct 31, 2018
  7. great2bgross Win User

I'm not sure. Is there an error code log?
  8. Irixion Win User

It's probably the heat, and not the PSU. It's very unlikely that your PSU half works. Could be your drive. What error code(s) do you get?
  9. Skeeter Quill Win User

The only way to really be sure where the issue lies is to borrow a PSU from a friend and see if the issue persists. If so it's the console, if not then it's the PSU. Having a disc in there will produce slightly more heat that could trigger the console to
    shut down, but then again it also draws more power which could cause the power supply to overheat.
  10. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Couple Quick Questions.

11. XBF Ezra G Win User

X box one crashing

Thema:

1. Console Powers Off Unexpectedly Only During Disc Games - Similar Threads - Console Powers Off

2. Where to buy a new lead from the power block to the xbox console S series?.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to buy a new lead from the power block to the xbox console S series?.: Every time I find one it says it is not for the S series. Can you let me know what I need to look for or where to buy one in the UK please? ac6d36ce-7605-4960-989c-9e4b0c55a745
  3. Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.

in XboX Insiders
    Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.: It would be nice if you informed the Xbox system development team to enable some option in this regard, PlayStation has several options in sleep mode to supply power to the USB ports: Always give...
  4. Xbox One X Blinking Guide Light on Console When Powered Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Blinking Guide Light on Console When Powered Off: Xbox One X, when I turn it off, the Guide Light on the front panel blinks for several minutes before it finally turns off on its own. It is getting proper ventilation all around, raise off the...
  5. Console or power box issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console or power box issue?: I’m having trouble with my original Xbox one. I don’t know if it’s the power box the console itself. I have an after market power box because the original stopped working. Anyway, I plug the power...
  6. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  7. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  8. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  9. My console (series s)get power but it doesn't make the start up noise an d it cuts off by...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console (series s)get power but it doesn't make the start up noise an d it cuts off by...: My console (series s) get power but it doesn't make the start up noise and the screen stays black and then it cuts off by itself, it won't go into recovery mode either. What can I do?...
  10. I can't launch games, update games , power off the consol in the menu and i can't reset the ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't launch games, update games , power off the consol in the menu and i can't reset the ...: When i want launch a games i press "a" and nothing happend When i want reset the factory values i can't that was the same case nothing happen when i press "a" And when i want jsut turn off are...