Console or power supply broken?

Discus and support Console or power supply broken? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My Xbox one power supply is turning off when I plug it into the console. It turns white for half a second then turns off. It stays on with an orange... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Dan Marra, Jul 25, 2022.

1. Dan Marra
    Dan Marra Guest

My Xbox one power supply is turning off when I plug it into the console. It turns white for half a second then turns off. It stays on with an orange light when it’s not plugged into the console. Is this the power supply or the console that is broken?

:)

Dan Marra, Jul 25, 2022
  2. Relayed Switch Win User

My xbox fell from my stand, now its broke HELP!

If your Xbox console and your power supply fell then that's a big problem, your power supply is probably broken and not just that your Xbox console might be broken too. If you have a friend or any other way to get another power supply you should try to see
    if your Xbox console is working that way you know if it's just your power supply or your console too.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

If as soon as you connect to the console the power supply turns off, I would say it is a power supply issue. The power supply should not turn off just by connecting it to the console. If this was a console issue, the power supply light would still be orange or white after connecting to the console.

But if you think it is a console issue, see if you have a family member or a friend that can borrow you a power supply to test.
  4. Dan Marra Win User

why do u say that? It could be the console maybe. I don’t want to buy a power supply and it turns out to still happen.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

In this case, I would say the power supply would need to be replaced.

You can try to test it on other power outlets/walls, but if the issue persists, it is probably a power supply issue.
  6. Dan Marra Win User

Yeah it goes white for half a second then turns off.
Thema:

1. Console or power supply broken? - Similar Threads - Console power supply

2. Console or power box issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console or power box issue?: I’m having trouble with my original Xbox one. I don’t know if it’s the power box the console itself. I have an after market power box because the original stopped working. Anyway, I plug the power...
  3. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  4. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  5. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  6. 404 error code with installing to console with console being on sleep power mode for...

in XboX Insiders
    404 error code with installing to console with console being on sleep power mode for...: Getting error code 404 with downloading games to console even with being on max power option to allow remote downloading works on the xbox app but not on website. submitted by...
  7. Console could be damaged if removed from power supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console could be damaged if removed from power supply?: Hi! Two quick doubts: Regarding removing my Xbox Series X from power supply source. Here in Brazil, on summer, we have strong thunders storms, and even that my console is pluged in a power line...
  8. Did your Xbox series S come with a “power your dreams” green band around console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Did your Xbox series S come with a “power your dreams” green band around console?: I just recently got a new Xbox series S from target. It didn’t look resealed, it was brand new unopened that I’m aware of and nothing was disclosed otherwise. But I noticed I didn’t get the green...
  9. Power Supply for Xbox 360 S Console model 1439

in XBoX on Windows
    Power Supply for Xbox 360 S Console model 1439: All, I need help in getting replacement power supply for my Xbox 360 S Console Model 1439. The power cord which came along with the original box is gone due to voltage difference. My original...
  10. My Xbox one console won't turn on. The power supply led is amber, and the unit makes the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one console won't turn on. The power supply led is amber, and the unit makes the...: My Xbox won't power up. The power supply has an amber led and the unit makes the power sound. The power led lit once, but not since. Help! 69719a45-9e81-4d54-a725-c491bb5dad50