Console not responding to controllers but with solid light?

Discus and support Console not responding to controllers but with solid light? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; is anyone else having issues with their console not responding to their controllers? normally i would use the controllers to turn on the xbox but the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by awayw1thfaeries, May 3, 2019.

  1. Console not responding to controllers but with solid light?


    is anyone else having issues with their console not responding to their controllers?

    normally i would use the controllers to turn on the xbox but the controller will turn on with a solid white light and the console remains on standby.

    also in the middle of watching shows or films the controllers just becomes useless and even holding down the middle button does nothing. I have taken the batteries out to restart the controllers and this has not helped. The console needs to be fully power
    cycled for it to start responding again. It will work with the phone app when it is like this though.

    Any ideas?

    :)
     
    awayw1thfaeries, May 3, 2019
    #1
  2. LOCKLD Win User

    Console not responding to controllers but with solid light?

    I fix the same problem, changing battery and resync controlller
  3. GarrettMcCarthy Win User

    Console not responding to controllers but with solid light?

    Mine is doing the same thing. Except when I turn the xbox on the remote is useless.. no buttons work including the home button. Ive tried three different remotes and turned off the console multiple times and even unplugged it and re-set everything. Nothing
    seems to work
  4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

    Console not responding to controllers but with solid light?

    I had this same thing happen to me once, sometime last year. But it was a one time thing, and was fine after that. If it's continuing to do it to you, I would try what Jodie has suggested and try re-syncing your controller. Good luck!
  5. Jodie Win User

    Console not responding to controllers but with solid light?

    Have you tried re-syncing your controller and xbox together?

    1. Turn on the Xbox One you want to sync with.
    2. Next, turn on your controller by pressing the Xbox button. The Xbox button will flash, indicating that it’s looking for a console to sync with.
    3. Press and release the Connect button on your console. On the Xbox One X and Xbox One S, you’ll find this at the bottom-right of your system, under the power button. For the original model Xbox One, the button is on the left side of the console,
      right around the corner from the disc slot.
    4. Press and hold the Connect button on your controller. You’ll find this small circular button on the top of your controller. The Xbox button should flash a few times, then stay solid once connected.
  6. NewBlacksmurf Win User

    Xbox Controller won't do anything on Xbox.

    Is the controller connected to the console? (Is the white light on the logo solid white) on your controller.
Thema:

Console not responding to controllers but with solid light?

Loading...
  1. Console not responding to controllers but with solid light? - Similar Threads - Console responding controllers

  2. Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug: Hello, I recently moved from the Omega preview to the Delta preview. I just turned on my XBOX and was sent through initial setup again after installing a forced 4.1GB manual update. It's led me...
  3. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  4. XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring: I really liked that I could press A and it would launch the game card/hub and then I could select PLAY on any tile on the home screen. A few days back that behavior changed and A launched the game...
  5. If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?

    in XboX Insiders
    If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?: Currently in the ASA ring and I have a One X that's giving me more and more issues every day. Wanted to put it back on the public build and see if that clears up anything. Won't be getting my 25th...
  6. Console Stops Responding Nearly Completely / Captures Bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Console Stops Responding Nearly Completely / Captures Bug: Unsure if it's related to console update status or not. Console is in 'beta' tier currently. If it is just a general issue (or issues) I apologize for the placement of the post. Having multiple...
  7. The console is not responding properly to my controller.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    The console is not responding properly to my controller.: It always takes atleast 4-5 times till the console registers that I pressed the button on my console. Sometimes it even starts to do things on its own when I'm not even pressing anything. I...
  8. The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding, I cannot select any letter...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding, I cannot select any letter...: The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding. I cannot select and letter to enter apart from space where it's stuck at. Any help? 47ec77e6-18c4-4fee-94d6-b79c568395f2
  9. Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?: I've already dealt with AND deal with my controller disconnecting from the Xbox Series X whether it's connected to the console by USB cable or not. It REQUIRES being hooked up to disconnect LESS...
  10. My Xbox One controller is on... But my Xbox One console won't respond.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller is on... But my Xbox One console won't respond.: This issue recently started. I was watching YouTube, and my controller powered off as it normally does when I don't use it. However, after turning on the controller again, the console wouldn't...