Console not receiving party invite notifications

Discus and support Console not receiving party invite notifications in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I'm on Series X and have been experiencing an intermittent issue this past week where party invite notifications are not appearing as a popup or in my... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by AndrewJKim, Mar 16, 2023.

1. AndrewJKim
    AndrewJKim Guest

I'm on Series X and have been experiencing an intermittent issue this past week where party invite notifications are not appearing as a popup or in my notification list. However, I still receive all other notifications fine such as game invites, achievement popups, friend requests, and looking for group confirmations. I know I am receiving party invites because they are showing up as notifications on the Xbox app on my PC and Phone the moment they are sent, but not on console. I'm currently using a second xbox account on a laptop to send myself invites to confirm that this issue is still happening. I have my notification settings set to adult defaults, no content restrictions, and 'Do not disturb' status is off. Wired ethernet connection has no problems. Restarting the console seems to temporarily fix it, but the issue consistently comes back after a while. I've power cycled the console a few times and re-added my account back to the console, but no luck. Unsure if this is just a problem with my console, microsoft account, or if some new update caused this.

:)

AndrewJKim, Mar 16, 2023
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Windows 10 Xbox Companion App Not Receiving Party Invitations

I noticed the same issue after a recent update to the app. There is simply no longer an option to receive party invite notifications in the notification settings of the app.
  3. Malacath Win User

Is it possible to play COD Ghosts in the same party with one gamer on XBOX ONE and another gamer on XBOX 360?

I have received party invites playing cod. They appear in the notifications area in the top left of the home screen
  4. HERO_ Win User

Windows 10 Xbox Companion App Not Receiving Party Invitations

Thanks for the suggestion, I have ensured the notification setting isn't disturbed. The thing is, the only issue is with receiving Party Invites. All other notifications, such as messages, achievements, etc., appear to be working normally.
  5. mancfoo Win User

I cant receive invite. Help!

Restart your router or have you solved it?
    Is this issue being reported more widely? I’m also experiencing this - no party chat invites or favourite friend Online notifications on my Xbox. I do get a popup for when messages received. I am getting notifications of everything on my mobile but not on
    the console.

All my Notification settings are correct and nothing has changed recently. Just not getting invites. Quite a few people on my Friends List are also saying that they’re not getting notifications for the same things - friends online and party chat.
  6. The King Lir Win User

I dont receive invites

Hey there,

Check your notification settings on the console. It's possible you've turned off invite/party notifications so you're not seeing the requests.
Thema:

1. Console not receiving party invite notifications - Similar Threads - Console receiving party

2. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

in XBoX on Windows
    If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...: If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?...
  3. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  4. Skip console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skip console update: Why am I forced to update my console to continue using it? I'm staying in a hotel with limited daily Wi-Fi usage, and my Xbox has prompted me to either update my console or continue offline. All I...
  5. How to see if an xbox one console is temporary banned or pernamently banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to see if an xbox one console is temporary banned or pernamently banned: I bought an xbox one s console and i had my friend giving me his account that has gamepass on it i played with it for about 2 weeks and it got banned. and i ask my other friend to give me his...
  6. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  7. I'm not receiving invites from Xbox consols on game bar windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not receiving invites from Xbox consols on game bar windows 11.: I am trying to join community post, but I can't join their game invites they are on console and I'm on pc but if my pc friend invites me to their game, I can join them....
  8. Why am I not receiving the update for roblox apps on the xbox Series S console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not receiving the update for roblox apps on the xbox Series S console?: With the recent update to Roblox is the rollout time delayed for the various machines it's rolling out to? My xbox series S Is not receiving the update. 52e0f9fe-06af-46a0-a74e-6ef86839b6cc
  9. Will both my consoles receive a console ban?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will both my consoles receive a console ban?: Hey, so recently in a misunderstanding a joke report by my friend got my 9 year old account permanently banned and my xbox banned as well. This is funny as I have never in the past received an...
  10. Received and xbox X game and we have an Xbox one console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Received and xbox X game and we have an Xbox one console.: Received and xbox X game and we have an Xbox one console. My son opened the game so we can not return it. Does anyone have an option? Microsoft says they have no way to make an exchange....