Console not reacting to button presses

Discus and support Console not reacting to button presses in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have turned my xbox one day one edition on and for some reason when i select anything with A it reacts to the button press by doing the little flash... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zod110, Dec 17, 2017.

  1. Zod110
    Zod110 Guest

    Console not reacting to button presses


    I have turned my xbox one day one edition on and for some reason when i select anything with A it reacts to the button press by doing the little flash over what im selecting but nothing happens. If i hold down the button and it flashes over and over on screen
    then release it, it activates properly. Ive tried restarting my xbox but that didn't fix it and the last time i did a power cycle to fix the issue but don't it everytime i want to play will be an issue. Does anyone know if this is a known issue or should i
    maybe get a wire and try doing a controller accessory update?

    Cheets,

    Zod

    :)
     
    Zod110, Dec 17, 2017
    #1
  2. XdRafelODST
    XdRafelODST Guest
    Error code

    If the above does not work, then you might want to try this.

    delete the system update, installed on your console, and install the update once again.

    Turn off your console. Press and hold the sync button (the small one you use to connect your wireless controllers). While holding press the power button to turn your console on. Continue to hold the sync button until the console is completely booted up.

    Go to System Settings and select Storage.

    On your controller, press the following button sequence:

    Press the left bumper.

    Press the right bumper.

    Press the X button.

    Press the left bumper.

    Press the right bumper.

    Press the X button.

    Restart your console and try update.

    Let us know how that goes.
     
    XdRafelODST, Dec 17, 2017
    #2
  3. USMC-1
    USMC-1 Guest
    Can not connect after update

    Turn off your console. Press and hold the sync button (the small one you use to connect your wireless controllers). While holding press the power button to turn your console on. Continue to hold the sync button until the console is booted up.

    Go to System Settings and choose storage.

    On your controller, press the following button sequence:

    Press the left bumper.

    Press the right bumper.

    Press the X button.

    Press the left bumper.

    Press the right bumper.

    Press the X button.

    DIDNT DO ANYTHING
     
    USMC-1, Dec 17, 2017
    #3
  4. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest

    Console not reacting to button presses

    I'd definitely check for a controller update first. If that makes no difference and you have a friend with an Xbox One, borrow their controller to see if the issue still happens - that will help you rule out some kind of hardware issue with your controller.

    If the controller firmware is up to date and you rule out a hardware issue with a controller, I would try a factory reset of the console, choosing the option to keep your games and apps installed. It doesn't take too long to do and it may well solve your
    problem.
     
    SigmaTheDJ, Dec 17, 2017
    #4
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

    Console not reacting to button presses

    I'd definitely check for a controller update first. If that makes no difference and you have a friend with an Xbox One, borrow their controller to see if the issue still happens - that will help you rule out some kind of hardware issue with your controller.

    If the controller firmware is up to date and you rule out a hardware issue with a controller, I would try a factory reset of the console, choosing the option to keep your games and apps installed. It doesn't take too long to do and it may well solve your
    problem.
  6. Mike JezZ Win User

    The bumper buttons

    If I click equally on the rb and the lb, the one bumper says a click while the other doesnt. The RB says a click instantly when I press it and it reacts at once.

    However, the LB doesnt say click, and only reacts when I press the button completely down. I f I lift my finger a little bit, the button slips.
  7. Christopher Revoredo Win User

    Problemas no Xbox One

    Hi there Janainalima! Christopher here, an Xbox fan and been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out! Please tell me if your console reacts to these steps:

    Press the Bind and Eject buttons, and hold those buttons to keep them pressed. Then, with the Bind and Eject buttons held, press the Xbox button.

    Let go the Bind and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone. Thereafter, the Xbox One should start up at the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.
  8. AP4RK Win User

    Console pressing buttons on it's own

    Are you using a wireless controller? if so, you may be getting interference from other devices. Try using a wired controller.
  9. ImAice Win User

    Console pressing buttons on it's own

    Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

    Have you tried updating the controller? For us to best isolate the issue, trying a different controller is worth a shot as well.
Thema:

Console not reacting to button presses

Loading...
  1. Console not reacting to button presses - Similar Threads - Console reacting button

  2. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  3. XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring: I really liked that I could press A and it would launch the game card/hub and then I could select PLAY on any tile on the home screen. A few days back that behavior changed and A launched the game...
  4. If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?

    in XboX Insiders
    If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?: Currently in the ASA ring and I have a One X that's giving me more and more issues every day. Wanted to put it back on the public build and see if that clears up anything. Won't be getting my 25th...
  5. The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles: Hey everyone, With the industry pushing toward digital-only hardware ecosystems, those of us with massive physical collections (Original Xbox and Xbox 360) are facing a serious preservation...
  6. Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...: So, I have a very specific use case for the new Disc-to-Digital feature, and I’m wondering if anyone with multiple Xbox consoles has actually tested this. I’m trying to unlock the Dominion...
  7. No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??

    in XboX Insiders
    No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??: So for us lowly digital only console owners what hope is there without support for an external disc drive? submitted by /u/Andymg350 [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...: Hey everyone, My Xbox One S had a dying internal HDD (E106), so I swapped in a blank SSD. Before the drive died, the console had been enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program. Now it won't get past...
  9. Question about Xbox Beta console

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about Xbox Beta console: My console is currently in beta and I’m wondering how I get into alpha to do alpha skip ahead? The new updates look real cool and I’d love to test them out if possible. submitted by...
  10. Console games I own that I cannot play on my ASUS ROG Ally or laptop.

    in XboX Insiders
    Console games I own that I cannot play on my ASUS ROG Ally or laptop.: Hello Xbox Insider team, I have a question. A while back, I bought almost all the *Final Fantasy* games from the Xbox Store for my Series X. Often, when I'm at work, I have downtime to relax and...