Console makes loud buzzing noise when reading certain disc?

Discus and support Console makes loud buzzing noise when reading certain disc? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't know what's wrong with it. But none of my other games make this noise. It is a loud buzzing noise when it begins to read it, but after that,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mob Of The Dead, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Console makes loud buzzing noise when reading certain disc?

I don't know what's wrong with it. But none of my other games make this noise. It is a loud buzzing noise when it begins to read it, but after that, there is nothing there. Any fixes? Should I clean it?

:)

Mob Of The Dead, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Buying used Xbox one

Oh yeah make sure to test out the disk drive before you buy it. Some of the launch xbox ones (including mines) had issue with the disc drive no reading and making a loud buzzing noise.

LamaBraveheart, Jan 4, 2014
  3. BOSTON FEVER
    BOSTON FEVER Guest
    Xbox One ticking while disc is playing

My xbox one is making a buzzzing noise when I play Madden 25 in it. When using any other feature is functions fine. The buzzing noise is not as prominent as the loud disc drive clicking noises i've seen on youtube. Is anyone else experiencing this buzzing
    noise?

BOSTON FEVER, Jan 4, 2014
  4. MattKV1
    MattKV1 Guest

Hello LowlyOne,

Game discs and other media discs have slight differences in weight, warpage, and how the media and labeling is manufactured. This can lead to your console's drive vibrating differently as it reads different discs.

While it won't hurt anything to clean the disc in question, if the disc reads correctly, and it doesn't appear to need to be cleaned, then I'd personally just let it be. Remember when cleaning your discs to use a soft, clean, slightly damp cloth, and to
    lightly wipe from the center of the disc outward.

If your disc is not working correctly, see if there is a way for you to exchange your disc from the store where you purchased it, or try contacting the customer support line for the company that makes the game, movie, or music cd, to see if they will exchange
    your disc under the manufacturer's warranty.

I hope you find my explanation and suggestions helpful. Happy gaming!

MattKV1, Jan 4, 2014
  5. MattKV1 Win User

Hello LowlyOne,

Game discs and other media discs have slight differences in weight, warpage, and how the media and labeling is manufactured. This can lead to your console's drive vibrating differently as it reads different discs.

While it won't hurt anything to clean the disc in question, if the disc reads correctly, and it doesn't appear to need to be cleaned, then I'd personally just let it be. Remember when cleaning your discs to use a soft, clean, slightly damp cloth, and to
    lightly wipe from the center of the disc outward.

If your disc is not working correctly, see if there is a way for you to exchange your disc from the store where you purchased it, or try contacting the customer support line for the company that makes the game, movie, or music cd, to see if they will exchange
    your disc under the manufacturer's warranty.

I hope you find my explanation and suggestions helpful. Happy gaming!
  6. Ashavar Win User

Xbox One console (not power brick) making buzzing noise

Hi!

I have the same problem described above.

I purchased my Xbox One the second week of december (Team FDOU lot/date 1339).

Until yesterday the console was very silent. Now when I turn on the console and I put a disc in the drive, the blue ray starts to make a loud buzzing noise that stop after 15 minutes. The console doesn't have problems in reading disc. If no disc is present
    in the drive, the console is always silent. Any suggestion?
  7. Ashavar Win User

After about a week of having the Xbox One, the disk drive became super loud?

Hi!

I have the same problem described above.

I purchased my Xbox One the second week of december (Team FDOU lot/date 1339).

Until yesterday the console was very silent. Now when I turn on the console and I put a disc in the drive, the blue ray starts to make a loud buzzing noise that stop after 15 minutes. The console doesn't have problems in reading disc. If no disc is present
    in the drive, the console is always silent. Any suggestion?
  8. BENp_936 Win User

loud moaning/groaning

does this happen with all games or just certain games and is the console laying down or is it standing up?

the reason I ask this is when I had my 360 ( I have xbox one now) when I put certain game disc's in it started to make a loud groaning/moaning sound but when I stopped playing that game and put in another disc it stopped. so if it's the one disc then maybe
    that is causing the xbox 360 to read it wrong and cause the noise.
  9. Druxify Win User

Xbox making loud buzzing noise

My Xbox 360 Slim is making a loud buzzing noise with and without a disc in it. If anyone knows how to fix this, or why it is happening please let me know.
Thema:

1. Console makes loud buzzing noise when reading certain disc? - Similar Threads - Console makes loud

2. Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles: I’d like to say just for memories I had with the 360 since it’s getting shut down so why not make a 360 controller for people to use submitted by /u/Imaginary-Ease8041 [link] [comments]
  3. Make a Xbox 360 mode on Xbox one consoles for ola coming up update

in XBoX on Windows
    Make a Xbox 360 mode on Xbox one consoles for ola coming up update: You should make an update where you have 3 Xbox modes Xbox one mode, Xbox 360 mode and Xbox original mode.It should be on the mode you are on is the games you can play. Example on Xbox one mode is...
  4. My Xbox one console won't turn on. The power supply led is amber, and the unit makes the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one console won't turn on. The power supply led is amber, and the unit makes the...: My Xbox won't power up. The power supply has an amber led and the unit makes the power sound. The power led lit once, but not since. Help! 69719a45-9e81-4d54-a725-c491bb5dad50
  5. My xbox series x has been freezing on load screens for a while, then the console makes the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x has been freezing on load screens for a while, then the console makes the...: This has happened a few times now, is it anything I should be concerned about? 3f942809-8bac-43c0-831e-cb0d31177e01
  6. Why does my xbox one console keep flickering and making some sort of knocking noise?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my xbox one console keep flickering and making some sort of knocking noise?: my xbox one keeps making this somewhat knocking noise coming from the console and whenever this knocking noise occurs the xbox turn on button will start flashing constantly this has somewhat...
  7. Laptop making sound while someone plays on xbox console

in XBoX on Windows
    Laptop making sound while someone plays on xbox console: My laptop is making a sound like the sound when a the ball was returned in the old pong game. This happens when my son is playing one of his games on the xbox consol. I had initially set up my...
  8. Xbox companion console win 10 login loop when making new accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox companion console win 10 login loop when making new accounts: If you try to make a new account on the xbox companion console app, instead of taking you to the gamertag screen to create a new username, it asks you to enter your password again. Once you put...
  9. My Xbox will connect to CenturyLink wifi but it makes my console act up bye signing me out...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox will connect to CenturyLink wifi but it makes my console act up bye signing me out...: My Xbox won't work win I'm connected to CenturyLink wifi it says I'm connected but it still does not let me do anything with the wifi and it creeps signing me out win I try...
  10. My console (series s)get power but it doesn't make the start up noise an d it cuts off by...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console (series s)get power but it doesn't make the start up noise an d it cuts off by...: My console (series s) get power but it doesn't make the start up noise and the screen stays black and then it cuts off by itself, it won't go into recovery mode either. What can I do?...