console is not reading external storage.

Discus and support console is not reading external storage. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; was playing a game stored on my external storage earlier. now my Xbox series x keeps asking how do i want to use the storage device. i tried all the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by rage monk, Jul 10, 2023.

  1. rage monk
    rage monk Guest

    console is not reading external storage.


    was playing a game stored on my external storage earlier. now my Xbox series x keeps asking how do i want to use the storage device. i tried all the steps but still nothing i know that the hard drives are still good.

    :)
     
    rage monk, Jul 10, 2023
    #1
  2. Francia J. Win User

    console is not reading external storage.

    Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

    The issue can be with the external hard drive or the console itself, if I may ask, do you have a different device where you can plug in th external hard drive and then check if that device will read it? For example a PC/Laptop or another Xbox console?
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

    Xbox One hdd spends a lot of time doing "nothing" after switching on.

    Even when you are not doing nothing the external storage will be read by the console, this is how external storage works, it's part of having the content available for use on the console
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

    How many USB ports with the XBOX 1 X read? and how big a external HD can I use for movies on the XBOX1 X?

  5. G v zauBerBerg Win User

    Xbox one won’t read 3TB external hard drive

  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

    Xbox One hdd spends a lot of time doing "nothing" after switching on.

    Hi MontyGoat! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

    If you have games or apps installed on the external storage, or using it for clips, the console will read the content on the external storage continually, similar thing happens when you use it on Pc
Thema:

console is not reading external storage.

Loading...
  1. console is not reading external storage. - Similar Threads - console reading external

  2. Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug: Hello, I recently moved from the Omega preview to the Delta preview. I just turned on my XBOX and was sent through initial setup again after installing a forced 4.1GB manual update. It's led me...
  3. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  4. XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring: I really liked that I could press A and it would launch the game card/hub and then I could select PLAY on any tile on the home screen. A few days back that behavior changed and A launched the game...
  5. If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?

    in XboX Insiders
    If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?: Currently in the ASA ring and I have a One X that's giving me more and more issues every day. Wanted to put it back on the public build and see if that clears up anything. Won't be getting my 25th...
  6. The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles: Hey everyone, With the industry pushing toward digital-only hardware ecosystems, those of us with massive physical collections (Original Xbox and Xbox 360) are facing a serious preservation...
  7. Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...: So, I have a very specific use case for the new Disc-to-Digital feature, and I’m wondering if anyone with multiple Xbox consoles has actually tested this. I’m trying to unlock the Dominion...
  8. No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??

    in XboX Insiders
    No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??: So for us lowly digital only console owners what hope is there without support for an external disc drive? submitted by /u/Andymg350 [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...: Hey everyone, My Xbox One S had a dying internal HDD (E106), so I swapped in a blank SSD. Before the drive died, the console had been enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program. Now it won't get past...
  10. Game won’t read in console

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won’t read in console: Bought mw3 today. New game that came out. And Xbox one x won’t read the disk? Every other game I have works fine and downloads… a303d545-b6c8-4920-adb3-538a5cbc39bb