Console immediately powers back on after turning off, including controller, but loses...

Discus and support Console immediately powers back on after turning off, including controller, but loses... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I don't know if this is an Insider thing, because I've now experienced it on both the One X and the Series X, and my Series X is NOT enrolled in a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Jaymo1978, Nov 17, 2020.

  1. /u/Jaymo1978
    /u/Jaymo1978 Guest

    Console immediately powers back on after turning off, including controller, but loses...


    I don't know if this is an Insider thing, because I've now experienced it on both the One X and the Series X, and my Series X is NOT enrolled in a preview ring yet. Let me explain:

    I noticed on my Xbox One X (before I traded it in) which was in Alpha Skip-Ahead that once in a great while, when I would shut it down in instant-on mode, it would power back on immediately (including the startup sound and everything.) The TV would come back on, too, but the controller would lose connection. I would have to do a HARD shutdown, and then the controller would successfully power it back on. It only happened once in a while, and I didn't submit a report via the app, because the controller stopped responding whenever this "auto power on" happened, so I physically couldn't report it (and after the hard shutdown, it would have lost the data explaining what happened.)

    As of now, I've had the SAME issue happen twice on my Series X, but I have NOT yet re-downloaded the Insider App or reenrolled in a preview ring. So, it seems that either this is a problem on the public version of the OS on both X consoles, OR, somehow my Series X has some vestige of the previous console's preview build on it?

    Oh, and also, there's the whole zombie console boot with disconnected controller thing.... If this ISN'T related to preview, 1. is there some way I can submit the issue from my new console, even though it isn't in Preview and requires a hard boot before the controller will reconnect? And 2. It almost seems like the issue could somehow be related to a memory thing, maybe? Something which, when it's been started up and shut down a few times, and has several games running in suspended "quick resume" mode, something is getting bogged down and causes this weird glitch? I don't know, that's just a guess, but it seems like it only happens when I've played a lot of games with no full restart or standby power-down. Sorry if it's a dumb guess!

    Any advice is much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Jaymo1978
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/Jaymo1978, Nov 17, 2020
    #1
  2. jay_overidde Win User

    Controller connected but won't work?!?!?!?

    Same problem here, controller turns itself off after being on idle, turn it back on and no response when pushing buttons. Also if you just power the console down the controller stays on as though it's still connected, only when I unplug it from the back
    after doing a full power down does it lose connection to the console and turn off. I first came across this problem playing minecraft when it was release, after about 5 days it went back to normal no issues. Then Forza Horizon 2 is released and again the same
    problem.
  3. ElectroFlying Win User

    Wireless controller issue

    Mine failed once right after the update, I turned off the console, powered it back up and after the console completely powered back up, I then turned on the controller and all was good to go.

    Didn't have to resynk the controller at all.
  4. DoD x Sabrewulf Win User

    November Update broke Elite Controller/Console Sync/Power On

    When I plug in the controller with a cable it works, but stops immediately after disconnecting the controller. Tried with non-elite controller and it does the same thing so it's a problem with the console.

    Both controllers have updated firmware to the latest version. It's not a controller issue, it's the console. This problem was not there before the update on the 12th, it's a new problem. Restarting the console or powering off and then back on fixes the
    problem but when the system goes into sleep and comes back from it, the problem is still there.

    I can reproduce the problem by turning off my console (by holding down the Xbox button on the controller) which puts it into sleep, and then turning it back on, then none of my controllers will sync.
  5. DG1993 Win User

    Xbox One S Controller Does Not Turn On Console. Also, Controller Remains On After Turning Console Off

    Hi, power the xbox and controller on, then press and hold the power button on the xbox for 10 seconds.

    When the xbox powers off pull the power cord out of the back of the xbox and wait two minutes. Reconnect the power cord and press the power button on the xbox to power it on. Power on the controller and then try using the controller to power on/off the xbox.
    This solution worked. Thank you!

    For anyone else reading having this issue, I still had to re-sync the controller after going through the above process, in order to solve that problem. After turning on the Xbox one with the power button sync it the normal way by hitting the sync button
    on the front of the Xbox One S, and then holding the sync button on top of the controller. Thereafter, the guide button on the controller will power on the console.

    However, the above solution did immediately fix the fact that the controller wouldn't turn off when I powered the console off.
  6. mike619 Win User

    0x80040900

    I’m having the exact same issue, but it persists past reboot. When I turn the console off and wait. Then power it back on the screen immediately says yellow michael and then goes black. The only function that works is long old the Xbox button and it displaces
    the turn off the console or controller screen.

    Unplugging and reseating the power cable brings it back to normal.
Thema:

Console immediately powers back on after turning off, including controller, but loses...

Loading...
  1. Console immediately powers back on after turning off, including controller, but loses... - Similar Threads - Console immediately powers

  2. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  3. XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring: I really liked that I could press A and it would launch the game card/hub and then I could select PLAY on any tile on the home screen. A few days back that behavior changed and A launched the game...
  4. If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?

    in XboX Insiders
    If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?: Currently in the ASA ring and I have a One X that's giving me more and more issues every day. Wanted to put it back on the public build and see if that clears up anything. Won't be getting my 25th...
  5. The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles: Hey everyone, With the industry pushing toward digital-only hardware ecosystems, those of us with massive physical collections (Original Xbox and Xbox 360) are facing a serious preservation...
  6. Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...: So, I have a very specific use case for the new Disc-to-Digital feature, and I’m wondering if anyone with multiple Xbox consoles has actually tested this. I’m trying to unlock the Dominion...
  7. No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??

    in XboX Insiders
    No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??: So for us lowly digital only console owners what hope is there without support for an external disc drive? submitted by /u/Andymg350 [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...: Hey everyone, My Xbox One S had a dying internal HDD (E106), so I swapped in a blank SSD. Before the drive died, the console had been enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program. Now it won't get past...
  9. When click on xbox button on console, it blinks and immediately turn off... Try everything...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    When click on xbox button on console, it blinks and immediately turn off... Try everything...: I have xbox one s. When click on xbox button on console, it blinks and immediately turn off... Try everything what to do 3a9362ba-c611-4df0-bda4-b239164c0548
  10. Is it dangerous to turn on my Xbox console immediately after plugging it into my outlet?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it dangerous to turn on my Xbox console immediately after plugging it into my outlet?: Hello! This question may seem strange but I still want to find some kind of answer I had to unplug my Xbox console from the outlet, and after I plugged the console back into the outlet, I...