Console doesn't recognize the Live Gold for other family users

Discus and support Console doesn't recognize the Live Gold for other family users in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good evening, I'm having some trouble with my xbox one in regard to my live gold signature and its extension for family members logged in my main... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tiagoobara, May 30, 2018.

1. tiagoobara
    tiagoobara Guest

Good evening,

I'm having some trouble with my xbox one in regard to my live gold signature and its extension for family members logged in my main console.

My account works perfectly, I can play online and have all access to my Games with Gold, for example. In the other hand, when my brother tries to play online, the game informs that his account doesn't have the privileges needed.

I've tried everything! I've cleaned the cache, reset to factory configuration, but still the issue wasn't resolved.

Now I'm looking for answers with all of you, guys

Please, some help here!

:)

tiagoobara, May 30, 2018
  2. STANNY08
    STANNY08 Guest
    Xbox One Price drop

If that is the case who gets to use their gold account on other machines? They've clearly said that. Just like now, your live subscription follows you to whatever Xbox console you use. So who on that original console can take their account to another console?

STANNY08, May 30, 2018
  3. turk3y
    turk3y Guest
    Xbox One Price drop

I think so yes but for a single xbox, it takes the single live account and all users can access features behind the paywall as if they had gold on that console.

arthurdentpc has 3 xbox's tho, and the old "family" bundle allowed each user to effectively have their own gold membership, so gold on each user which translated to gold on each console, now its gold to anyone on the single xbox....

So I assume on single xbox families the new system is much better, but on multiple xbox families its not as good. Its not super clear tho how this new gold system will work on xbox one, but it does read like arthur is shafted rather unfairly in this new scenario.

turk3y, May 30, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Smwutches, May 30, 2018
  5. tiagoobara
    tiagoobara Guest
    tiagoobara, May 30, 2018
  6. If he can he play your digital games that were bought on your account then the home xbox is working the way its supposed to be so its not a home xbox issue it would then be a settings issue

If the family are child accounts you would need to sign in with the parental account at Sign in to your Microsoft account and change the settings so that they can play multiplayer games if they are adults in the family then you would need to sign in
    with at the same website with the adult account and change the settings to allow multiplayer access.

Yeah if it is saying that he doesnt have the privileges to play multiplayer and not saying that he needs to purchase gold then its a settings issue that can be changed at that website.

steeledwand7664, May 30, 2018
  7. tiagoobara
    tiagoobara Guest
    That was a really good piece of advice, I appreciate it!

Indeed, all my digital games are avaiable, I've already confirmed that... But, unfortunalely, I entered this website and look for the settings you mentioned and it is all set correctly either

tiagoobara, May 30, 2018
  8. Console doesn't recognize the Live Gold for other family users

You were signed into the family members accounts at that website or the adult account for the family members then clicked on their gamertag?

steeledwand7664, May 30, 2018
  9. tiagoobara
    tiagoobara Guest
    The adult account.

tiagoobara, May 31, 2018
  10. After signing into the adult account you should see the other family members in your family with their gamertag you would want to click on that gamertag and go through and make sure the privacy settings are set to allow them to play online.

If you do not see their gamertag then they are not a part of your family and would need to sign in either with an adult in their family or their own account.

steeledwand7664, May 31, 2018
  11. tiagoobara
    tiagoobara Guest
    Yes, I followed those steps you said. Still, the only way of sharing my Xbox Live Gold Signature is when I remain logged in "background", and then the another account is able to access the benefits of gold.

Really, I don't know what else I can do.

tiagoobara, Nov 3, 2018
  12. steeledwand7664 Win User

Make sure you have the console set as your Home console - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

Already did that.. all the settings are correct in this aspect.
    If he can he play your digital games that were bought on your account then the home xbox is working the way its supposed to be so its not a home xbox issue it would then be a settings issue

If the family are child accounts you would need to sign in with the parental account at https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Settings and change the settings so that they can play multiplayer games if they are adults in the family then you would need to sign in
    with at the same website with the adult account and change the settings to allow multiplayer access.

Yeah if it is saying that he doesnt have the privileges to play multiplayer and not saying that he needs to purchase gold then its a settings issue that can be changed at that website.
  13. Smwutches Win User

14. tiagoobara Win User

Make sure you have the console set as your Home console - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

If he can he play your digital games that were bought on your account then the home xbox is working the way its supposed to be so its not a home xbox issue it would then be a settings issue

If the family are child accounts you would need to sign in with the parental account at https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Settings and change the settings so that they can play multiplayer games if they
    are adults in the family then you would need to sign in with at the same website with the adult account and change the settings to allow multiplayer access.

Indeed, all my digital games are avaiable, I've already confirmed that... But, unfortunalely, I entered this website and look for the settings you mentioned and it is all set correctly either

You were signed into the family members accounts at that website or the adult account for the family members then clicked on their gamertag?

The adult account.

After signing into the adult account you should see the other family members in your family with their gamertag you would want to click on that gamertag and go through and make sure the privacy settings are set to allow them to play online.

If you do not see their gamertag then they are not a part of your family and would need to sign in either with an adult in their family or their own account.
    Yes, I followed those steps you said. Still, the only way of sharing my Xbox Live Gold Signature is when I remain logged in "background", and then the another account is able to access the benefits of gold.

Really, I don't know what else I can do.
  15. steeledwand7664 Win User

If the family are child accounts you would need to sign in with the parental account at https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Settings and change the settings so that they can play multiplayer games if they
    are adults in the family then you would need to sign in with at the same website with the adult account and change the settings to allow multiplayer access.

The adult account.
    After signing into the adult account you should see the other family members in your family with their gamertag you would want to click on that gamertag and go through and make sure the privacy settings are set to allow them to play online.

16. tiagoobara Win User

The adult account.
Thema:

1. Console doesn't recognize the Live Gold for other family users - Similar Threads - Console doesn't recognize

2. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  3. [XBO] Console doesn't power on unless I unplug everything and then hold the sync button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    [XBO] Console doesn't power on unless I unplug everything and then hold the sync button?: Been happening since my console updated and didn't start back up after a restart during the update 7d44bbf0-c127-48f6-8191-b67abafd8ba6
  4. Series S controller doesn't function with Series console, but works on PC and One S console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S controller doesn't function with Series console, but works on PC and One S console: I have two xboxes (One S and Series S). This question is for the Series. It came with a controller that was working perfectly until last night when, after I powered it off to take a break, powered...
  5. I have an xbox one s but my console recognizes it as an xbox one and doesn't allow me to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an xbox one s but my console recognizes it as an xbox one and doesn't allow me to...: Hello! I currently have a xbox one S purchased in 2017, however when I tried to install EA FC 24 for the Xbox X/S, it wouldn't let me install it and said It wasn't compatible with my device. It...
  6. How can I put my Xbox one s digital console into troubleshoot mode bc it doesn't have eject...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I put my Xbox one s digital console into troubleshoot mode bc it doesn't have eject...: My console keeps freezing and whenever it reset it my screen is just black when I turn my Xbox back on but it loads into homepage after I wait a while 45ab2cad-222e-4408-afd3-e171d36a3518
  7. Says my account is banned on console but in xbox enforcement it doesn't show

in XBoX Accessibility
    Says my account is banned on console but in xbox enforcement it doesn't show: So when I log in on my account on Xbox, it says I have a multiplayer ban on my Xbox console, however, it doesn't show up in the enforcements page, and I am unable to submit an appeal...
  8. 0x87e107df issue - full power cycle of console doesn't resolve - both owned and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x87e107df issue - full power cycle of console doesn't resolve - both owned and...: Any advice how to resolve 0x87e107df issue - full power cycle of console doesn't resolve - both owned and subscription games 8fe3a364-0154-4d43-a18a-535a5ccf82b0
  9. my discord doesn't run properly on my xbox console anymore

in XboX Insiders
    my discord doesn't run properly on my xbox console anymore: So i got the Problem that i linked my Xbox console to discord and it worked until 2 days ago. Now whenever i try to Connect my Xbox to a voicechannel it begins to Connect and then disconnects me...
  10. Controller turns on console, but doesn't work or show up in accessories.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller turns on console, but doesn't work or show up in accessories.: Have an Xbox Series X with two controllers. One that came with the console and the other that I bought separately from amazon. I am having an issue with the other 2nd controller that I bought...