Console bricked after update or coincidence?

Discus and support Console bricked after update or coincidence? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I know it is fairly unlikely that an update bricks a console. I am also on the last rung to get updates so it should be nearly impossible. However,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Whyfly12, Jul 14, 2020.

1. /u/Whyfly12
    /u/Whyfly12 Guest

I know it is fairly unlikely that an update bricks a console. I am also on the last rung to get updates so it should be nearly impossible. However, even if it is a coincidence I feel I need to report it. My console worked Friday afternoon, I read there were updates Friday evening (not sure if I was in that group), and on Saturday afternoon it no longer turned on. I have followed all the suggestions and unplugged everything overnight, including completely separating the power brick. Still nothing. I would report it through the normal methods but the system is dead. It was an Original Xbox One.

submitted by /u/Whyfly12
    [link] [comments]

/u/Whyfly12, Jul 14, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Xbox Bricked after Microsoft mandatory update.

As an Insider, it passed through alpha, beta, delta and omega rings with no issue like this. Due to how few are reporting problems, would point to a hardware fault that coincided with the update.

It is rare that a software update would brick a console. Knowing which models of Xbox are involved would help.
  3. BrianGunter Win User

Xbox 360's latest update rant!

Seems more like a coincidence that your console started acting up after the update, otherwise there would be a lot more people complaining if it was a bug with the update.
  4. Skeeter Quill Win User

Xbox turns its self on randomly in the middle of the night

I've also hand this problem for the last few weeks, though I put it down to Preview updates booting up the console after updating. As the timing seemed to coincide...
  5. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

BRICKED CONSOLE after latest update!!!!!!!

Hello there MagazineRose11,

You might want to take this up in 04 - Xbox 360 Console & Accessories they deal with System errors, disc drive errors, and other questions about your Xbox 360 console and accessories and much more. Now if this is for your Xbox one you are going to
    have to go to 04 - Xbox One Console because they also deal with System errors, disc drive issues, and other questions about your Xbox One console.

Obviously your going to find more support in the Xbox Support department in which it sounds like you very much need and require at this point of time, Good luck and best of wishes, ^-^
  6. CYR426 Win User

Safe to allow update??

lol arguments over nothing,fact almost nobody had any of the problems stated by neo,bicolor odds are if your console bricked after the update ,your console had hacked files/ and or was modded for cheating,whch ofcourse you wouldnt admit that. Thats usually
    where most of the bricking complaints come from and are for after new updates.
Thema:

1. Console bricked after update or coincidence? - Similar Threads - Console bricked update

2. Can I connect an Xbox 360 pad to the Xbox One console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect an Xbox 360 pad to the Xbox One console?: Can I connect an Xbox 360 pad to the Xbox One console? All possibilities are included, adapter etc. 9e8a67ad-f0cc-449c-9f26-9017f935bd56
  3. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  4. I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...: Yes I bought a used xbox recently that didn't reveal to me that The console was Band I know, I can't play using online functions but does that Mean that I can't download the games that I've...
  5. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  6. How do I get my console unbanned

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my console unbanned: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** fe233cd8-fc95-4aad-86b0-2c58c7facd13
  7. Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console: I just never had this problem until weeks ago and it still is happening today. I just can't download Minecraft because "there is an error on the download or there is corrupted data". I tried...
  8. Preview Beta update bricked my console...

in XboX Insiders
    Preview Beta update bricked my console...: I had recently made a post about my Xbox not recognizing any local wifi area networks, and now it's not accessing wifi despite being plugged in with an otherness cable directly. Internet works...
  9. Did this current update cause your console to brick

in XboX Insiders
    Did this current update cause your console to brick: Hi insiders. This is technically under the use of this subreddit. But did anyone have their Xbox constant update loop when they tried to download the most recent live Xbox update early ie as part...
  10. Is my console bricked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my console bricked?: My Xboxone S console will no longer start up after powering on. I used the console just yesterday after performing a system update and then playing some games and everything went fine, however...