Consistent high latency when doing network speed test on my series X

Discus and support Consistent high latency when doing network speed test on my series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had my series X for a while now and have noticed that I have a consistent latency of around 180ms I have checked my region settings and know for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tedit04, May 20, 2022.

1. tedit04
    tedit04 Guest

I have had my series X for a while now and have noticed that I have a consistent latency of around 180ms I have checked my region settings and know for a fact that my wifi sits at around 9-10 ms on all other devices. I am currently using 1.1.1.1 as a DNS but it doesn't seem to be helping. I originally thought that this was just a bug as the console was very new at the time, but the problem has persisted. Not really sure what to do but it is quite annoying

:)

tedit04, May 20, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Tedit04, contrary to what they say, changing dns doesn't make your interne or connection get faster, what happens is that it resolves the name of addresses more quickly by having servers (CDN's closer.

Tests on Xbox will always appear lower because they test on Microsoft's Live servers, and when you test on your devices as a PC for example the speed test is done between you and your provider, so the numbers will never hit correctly.
  3. tedit04 Win User

Cheers appreciate the reply, helps a lot
  4. NedMorris Win User

Slow download speeds

I do a network speed test on my One x it tells me My DL speed is 63Mbps u/l is 16 Mbps. When do the same test on my Series X(which is connected to the same router) it tells me my D/l is 11Mbps and U/l is 2.3 Mbps.
  5. Billybob...YEAH Win User

Xbox Game pass (Xcloud) laggy and pixalated on high speed networks on Android.

I'm just sick of the lack of consistency I can use ge force now without bad video compression and high latency and sometimes i can do the same on xbox cloud gaming but then after sometime it will be like my bandwidth is suddenly limited at your end and i just get real bad network issues whilst my internet speed tests come back as over 200mbps
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

Xbox series X speed test high latency >70

ignore the latency test in the xbox settings, this is just a test to a server in the US which could be far from you, the test always results in a bad score. it also depends how your isp is routing traffic also.
Thema:

1. Consistent high latency when doing network speed test on my series X - Similar Threads - Consistent high latency

2. Consistent issues with saving in multiple games

in XboX Insiders
    Consistent issues with saving in multiple games: I’ve been sending error reports about this issue for a long time now and have read a lot of people having the exact same issue, so I’ll try posting here. Many games on Xbox Series S are having...
  3. My xbox one x is consistently getting 160ms ping but 0% packet loss and 100mb/s speed over...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one x is consistently getting 160ms ping but 0% packet loss and 100mb/s speed over...: Every time I do that detailed network statistics, I get 155ms to 165ms of latency but 0% packet loss on both wifi as well as ethernet connection. Although all of my other devices get ping of...
  4. Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...: My network speed and statistics are rapidly changing, I can’t get consistent results. I test it several times in a row and it never stays the same. One minute it’s great, the next minute it’s...
  5. Home Xbox Switches not consistent, frustrating situation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Home Xbox Switches not consistent, frustrating situation: I am trying to set my account's home Xbox onto my friend's Xbox so that she can play all the games that I have, but when she went to go make my account's home Xbox onto hers, it said it had 0/5...
  6. Why do my Xbox elite controllers consistently break after 2-4 months of use?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do my Xbox elite controllers consistently break after 2-4 months of use?: I have owned about 6 Xbox Elite controllers, maybe even more, over the span of 7 years from the first gen to the series two. One thing I find incredibly frustrating is that either the LB or RB or...
  7. Exclamation mark next to games I own/consistently play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Exclamation mark next to games I own/consistently play: So this little exclamation mark popped up so I looked it up and people said it a license thing. Issue is idk how that works because I bought these games. Some of them are gamepass/on an external...
  8. Consistent Ping Spikes on Brand New Xbox Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Consistent Ping Spikes on Brand New Xbox Series S: I recently acquired an Xbox Series S. For the first couple of days, everything worked out fine. Recently, I’ve been playing multiplayer games such as Rainbow Six Siege and Fortnite… every 7-10...
  9. Xbox Series X controller consistently loses connection to the Xbox and then reconnects a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller consistently loses connection to the Xbox and then reconnects a...: I purchased a Series X in July,at first there were no issues with connectivity, however, in the past month I have had issues with the controller dropping connection. I have tried different...
  10. Why does Microsoft consistently mislead about XBox cloud storage limits and and their...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft consistently mislead about XBox cloud storage limits and and their...: I am asking this because my autistic 8 year-old daughter loves playing Minecraft on XBox Series X. It's her happy place--where she goes for solace. She spends hours building all kinds of things....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. test network speed and statistics latency inconsistant xbox series s