connectivity disparities by location, system, connection type and so forth

Discus and support connectivity disparities by location, system, connection type and so forth in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay, I do not want fanboys getting on here saying im wrong. Be a fan elsewhere. We all know that there is a latency issue on xbl. More so on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CornBeeflt, Jan 5, 2014.

1. CornBeeflt
    CornBeeflt Guest

Okay, I do not want fanboys getting on here saying im wrong. Be a fan elsewhere.

We all know that there is a latency issue on xbl. More so on the xb1 then the 360. All data is handled by the microsoft servers then passed on to its intended targets be it a game, website, or host. A game like CoD hits atleast 3 relays points, xbl server,
    games server, then host server, before it return to you in the exact eame manner. Each point takes about 1-3ms to process the information and pass it off. The distance between these points add to the ms latency depending on how far it travels. Now my tablet
    im using pings from east to west with 16ms latency, where as my xbox one pings at 102ms in best case scenario. Where is this discrepancy arising from?

We all know from CoD's kill cam how much latency, or otherwise know as lag affects a game. It always sucks to empty a clip into a person just to have then turn sit down move 3 inches to the left, run 4 feet and knife you, while you actually only fire 1 bullet
    beside him according to the kill cam. The kill cam is what really happened. Your information arrived later then his did so you shot at a ghost image so to speak.

Okay im rambling here. If you guys can, do two tests for me. One from the xbox one settings, and one from another device. The second device select a server near washington state, Oregon, or California. Please post those here including your location,
    server location, isp provider, wether its wired of wireless, and if you have alot of devices running during the tests.

If you have a cross country connection and your latency for xbl is lower then 75-40ms kimdly share the hardware you are using as in router and modem.

I maybe a nice guy and give a free $10.00 ms point card to a random person.

Fyi I love the system, hate the latency it brought.

:)

CornBeeflt, Jan 5, 2014
  2. pinkeye4life
    pinkeye4life Guest
    Can't connect to Xbox Live - "Service info is unavailable"

I can't connect to XBL. Connection test is fine "everything is good" but it says "Service info is unavailable" in my network setting below where it says nat type: open. Any suggestions? I was playing AW and my controller froze. Restarted my system and now this.

pinkeye4life, Jan 5, 2014
  3. pablovi
    pablovi Guest
    How to connect to Xbox Live in X1

There is no button or menu to connect!

The system is not connected, I do a network test and it passes, but still is not connected... I can't do anything with the X1 if it's not connected to live!

Is there a way to manually connect to Xbox live in this console?

pablovi, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest

We "all" do not know there is a latency issue on xbl....but thanks for speaking for everyone. Your tablet is not an xbox one, nor is it doing the same instruction routine, so using that as a comparison does not give a fair measure. Good luck with your "experiment".
    Also, you do know that COD is a mix of dedicated and listen servers?

Burnin TODI, Jan 5, 2014
  5. I have the same problem with cod and I live in Nevada. I've been having this problem since the first black ops though. Mw2 was perfect for me as far as multiplayer as I always destroyed everyone I played in free for all. I think its Activision specifically.

XxEndless WarxX, Jan 5, 2014
  6. CornBeeflt
    CornBeeflt Guest
    Sorry lol. My isp is comcast. I pay for the higher end package that give 30up and 8 down or some crap like that. I have the default router they give which is an open router, which means it doesnt process information so it doesnt cause latency. Wired through
    a belkin router, and wired through to my XB1.

Yes I know about the CoD servers, which was never supposed to be. It was marketed as dedicated servers yet were still hosting and experiencing heightened latency on top of normal (dare I say) latency.

my laptop pings Xbl much faster then my XB1 using the same pathways.

lets get some info rolling so we can better this painful experience!

CornBeeflt, Jan 5, 2014
  7. CornBeeflt
    CornBeeflt Guest
    MlYes its well known because MS has announced its working with comcast to fix some issues, what issues I do not know. As for common knowledge read the forums here and on other gaming sites. We are on par with psn by a few peoples opinions. I wouldnt know
    because I buy American.

CornBeeflt, Jan 5, 2014
  8. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

COD plays fine for me on xbox one and I live in MD. You are bordering on delusional with this theory and the other thread you made yesterday.

x24hrs2livex, Jan 5, 2014
  9. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest
    I've had 5 different cable internet providers in 3 different states over the past 15 years and running trace routes and speed tests I was seeing about 20ms at best, so I have a hard time believing you are getting 16ms from one coast to another. And it is
    not just 3 relays you're data is hitting, most likely taking 10-15 hops just to get to the servers, your latency is mostly being caused by one of those hops which is completely out of MS control. I personally have not had any lantecy issues, and have not read
    any articles saying there is an issue.

Zero Divided, Jan 5, 2014
  10. Yes apparently Comcast and x1 are having some big issues. Could be the case for you op.

XxEndless WarxX, Jan 5, 2014
  11. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="CornBeeflt"]We all know that there is a latency issue on xbl.[/quote]I've not seen any advisories stating that.
    That's not how Live works. Live
    is not a proxy server for all traffic to/from either the 360 or the Xbox One consoles.
    Then open a support ticket and have it escalated.

IceStorm III, Jan 5, 2014
  12. StrangerJim
    StrangerJim Guest
    OP can you post your connection speeds from "settings, network, details". My lag is the same on my XB1 and 360. I did have sever lag with COD before and after running the multi-player test under XB1 settings, it reset my setting and the lag went away.

StrangerJim, Oct 31, 2018
  13. XxEndless WarxX Win User

I have the same problem with cod and I live in Nevada. I've been having this problem since the first black ops though. Mw2 was perfect for me as far as multiplayer as I always destroyed everyone I played in free for all. I think its Activision specifically.
  14. IceStorm III Win User

[quote user="CornBeeflt"]We all know that there is a latency issue on xbl.[/quote]I've not seen any advisories stating that.
    All data is handled by the microsoft servers then passed on to its intended targets
    That's not how Live works. Live
    is not a proxy server for all traffic to/from either the 360 or the Xbox One consoles.
    Fyi I love the system, hate the latency it brought.
    Then open a support ticket and have it escalated.
  15. Zero Divided Win User

I've had 5 different cable internet providers in 3 different states over the past 15 years and running trace routes and speed tests I was seeing about 20ms at best, so I have a hard time believing you are getting 16ms from one coast to another. And it is
    not just 3 relays you're data is hitting, most likely taking 10-15 hops just to get to the servers, your latency is mostly being caused by one of those hops which is completely out of MS control. I personally have not had any lantecy issues, and have not read
    any articles saying there is an issue.
  16. CornBeeflt Win User

MlYes its well known because MS has announced its working with comcast to fix some issues, what issues I do not know. As for common knowledge read the forums here and on other gaming sites. We are on par with psn by a few peoples opinions. I wouldnt know
    because I buy American.
  17. XxEndless WarxX Win User

Yes apparently Comcast and x1 are having some big issues. Could be the case for you op.
Thema:

1. connectivity disparities by location, system, connection type and so forth - Similar Threads - connectivity disparities location

2. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  3. Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...: My wifi is not working on my 360. Everything else works just not my Xbox, I've tried everything it still doesn't work c03a0dd0-c5ba-40e3-b044-808a69628479
  4. How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot: That's all, just how do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot. It's only showing IPV4. 451a2b19-5dd1-4bb6-bafe-4b68bd49833c
  5. None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live: I have 2 Xbox 360's and I've been trying for the last week to get either of them to connect online so that I can download DLC and updates for my library before the store goes down in July. My...
  6. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  7. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  8. how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix grainy textures when Xbox connected with monitor: Hello, I’ve been having problems with my display - and I’m not sure what it is. I have a Xbox series s with a 165 hz and 1080p monitor to go with it. I use this setup to play mostly cod at 120 fps...
  9. XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error: Hello! I recently got an Xbox Series S and have been attempting to play Fallout: New Vegas on it via backwards compatibility, however an issue has been coming up preventing me from this. I have...
  10. Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord: Hello, While playing Snowrunner on my PC with my Xbox One controller, like I have for over 2 years, it disconnected randomly, while I was driving in the game. In the Bluetooth menu on the PC,...