Connection needed for a DVD?

Discus and support Connection needed for a DVD? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I know services are down. Got kicked from Netflix with the services error message. Same for Hulu. Put in a DVD (not a bluray so it shouldn't be a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TimeSyphon, Dec 18, 2015.

1. TimeSyphon
    TimeSyphon Guest

I know services are down. Got kicked from Netflix with the services error message. Same for Hulu. Put in a DVD (not a bluray so it shouldn't be a codec issue) and about 30 seconds in the app closed with the same message. Surely this isn't real, surely
    I'm missing something and I don't need to be verified to play a ten year old DVD, right?

:)

TimeSyphon, Dec 18, 2015
  2. Being good with a shotgun...

Yup, COD is a connection based fps. Some skills needed, but connection is king (however its acquired).

UneasyJmitchell, Dec 18, 2015
  3. NENGaming
    NENGaming Guest
    Cannot get a Teredo IP address

Yes that was my thinking also Carolina. ISP for some reason is restricting his connection for whatever reason. A phone call to them should be all that's needed.

NENGaming, Dec 18, 2015
  4. Connection needed for a DVD?

One would think so, but with current gen. Weird things are happening!

Perhap they forgot how to do stand alone electronics?

ElectroFlying, Dec 18, 2015
  5. Its all because this day and ages reliance on apps to run things

cheesyhunter1, Dec 18, 2015
  6. vikingland1
    vikingland1 Guest
    Have you tried the offline mode in network settings?

My nephew doesn't have internet and he watches DVD's & Blu-Ray's every day.

You may have to clear the memory cache also.

vikingland1, Oct 31, 2018
  7. ElectroFlying Win User

One would think so, but with current gen. Weird things are happening!

Perhap they forgot how to do stand alone electronics?
  8. vikingland1 Win User

Have you tried the offline mode in network settings?

My nephew doesn't have internet and he watches DVD's & Blu-Ray's every day.

You may have to clear the memory cache also.
  9. cheesyhunter1 Win User

Its all because this day and ages reliance on apps to run things
  10. Tezzerrific Win User

Why won't my Xbox one play my dvd without an app or Internet?

you need the Blu-ray app for the Xbox to play DVD/Blu-ray movies, been this way since the beginning, once you have the app you don't need to be connected.
  11. DigitalsDiesel Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Hi GerardSutton,

If you know some one with a DVD ROM drive, I would suggest to copy the DVD to a USB STICK, make note of the CD Key, because that will be needed to install the game from the stick.

Another option would be to get a USB adapter to connect your "old" DVD ROM drive to a USB port.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.
Thema:

1. Connection needed for a DVD? - Similar Threads - Connection needed DVD

2. I need help connecting to xbox live on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help connecting to xbox live on my Xbox 360: I have an xbox 360 and I've been trying to bring up the ol thing back up but every time I try to let it connect to xbox live or sign in to any of my accounts it says can't sign in or to restart my...
  3. When i try to connect to hotel wifi that needs authentication and it dose not work

in XBoX Accessibility
    When i try to connect to hotel wifi that needs authentication and it dose not work: The screen turns white and i see no website i have cleared the MAC address and reset my xbox too 27c02a5f-b86d-49ac-accb-efb834ea7208
  4. Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5

in XboX Insiders
    Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5: Xbox series x wired controller and subsonic wheel rubber gear box and tab at left submitted by /u/SomebodystolemyBEANZ [link] [comments]
  5. I need help finding out which microsoft account is connected to my PlayStation account can...

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help finding out which microsoft account is connected to my PlayStation account can...: Basically my PlayStation account on minecraft Isn’t letting me sign in and I’ve tried multiple accounts to determine which one it is and its not even telling me which one it is. Can anyone please...
  6. Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.

in XboX Insiders
    Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.: However, I cannot speak, any help is massively appreciated. (Series S, hyper X mic if that’s of any help) submitted by /u/Accomplished_Cook508 [link] [comments]
  7. Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.: I have an Xbox Series S on wired internet connection, with a download speed of 300 MB and upload of 75 MB. My latency in Xbox Network statistics and in Halo Infinite is of 100-140 ms. It's...
  8. Need help connecting xbox console to the app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help connecting xbox console to the app: I cannot connect my Xbox to the app I click connect a new console and it says click yes or something idk on the console but it just doesn't show up pls help b27e6254-30b5-459a-9e98-3853694d4b79
  9. Xbox Alchemy Needed: Connectivity Enigma

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Alchemy Needed: Connectivity Enigma: I trust this message finds you amidst the pixelated realms of triumph. Alas, my cherished Xbox, the gateway to my digital adventures, has encountered a vexing adversary—connectivity issues. In...
  10. "The person who owns this needs to sign in" prompt when not connected to internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "The person who owns this needs to sign in" prompt when not connected to internet: My cousins Xbox Series X won't load any of his games when not connected to the internet. He keeps getting "the person that owns this needs to signin." I own the same console and can load up all...