Connecting Xbox to School Network What ports need to be opened

Discus and support Connecting Xbox to School Network What ports need to be opened in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I work in an IT department at a school and we have an after school esports program so we are having students bring in a few of there Xbox's to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tim Petrilla, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Tim Petrilla
    Tim Petrilla Guest

Hello,

I work in an IT department at a school and we have an after school esports program so we are having students bring in a few of there Xbox's to connect to our network to play online. I was wondering is
    there is a list of ports or settings that need to be allowed in order for them to connect without issue. I was able to connect them to the network but it says UPNP not successful and the NAT type is moderate and I didn't know if that was going to cause any
    issues. Thank You

:)

Tim Petrilla, Apr 12, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

The ports used by Xbox Live can be found here. But, depending on what you have available, I would recommennd creating their own
    subnet and putting them in a DMZ if at all possible, if you can, but I would recommend also maintaining implementation of any content filtering done at the firewall level because Xbox consoles have a web browser to access the general internet.

It might also note that some games use their own ports, in addidtion, to Xbox Live, so if you know they have set or regular games they play, we can help find the ports used by those as well.

It's real cool if you're authorized to do this, but depending on the school and district, it's important to still be careful. Segmenting the consoles off the main network, and maybe throttling that network during school hours, or when the program isn't
    actively happening might avoid any disruptions. Xbox Live isn't known for hogging bandwidth, but it can avoid a headache if teachers do experience slower network performance becuase the consoles are in "instant-on" mode and updating the software or OS during
    business hours.

Best of luck! Let us know if you have any other questions!
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Tim,

Thanks for coming to the forums. As you been provided the information needed I will go ahead and lock this thread. Please feel free to come back to the Xbox forums anytime.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Christyna64 Win User

Here is the information you requested.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026770/xbox-open-these-network-ports-for-xbox-one
  5. Tim Petrilla Win User

Thanks for the response the program is after school only
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User
Thema:

1. Connecting Xbox to School Network What ports need to be opened - Similar Threads - Connecting School Network

2. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  3. how to connect my computer to Xbox 360?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to connect my computer to Xbox 360?: how to connect my computer to Xbox 360? ba1fdca5-c40d-4cbe-8579-ed588406bf13
  4. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  5. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  6. xbox connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox connection: hi my xbox is saying its connected to wifi but its not showing in my apps that i am. ive put a wired connection and its saying i cant sign in to my account. im baffled on whats wrong with it as it...
  7. How do you connect a stream on xbox to tik tok

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do you connect a stream on xbox to tik tok: I would love to know how to put my gaming on tik Tok live 64269345-e9a3-44b2-9b3a-6cc7e22e1ecf
  8. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  9. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  10. My xbox won't connect to my college's wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won't connect to my college's wifi: For most of the year, I had my series S connected to my university's wifi because I live in the dorms here. I had to approve its MAC address at the beginning of the year, and it worked fine....