Connecting Xbox live to Fortnite

Discus and support Connecting Xbox live to Fortnite in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Son can not play Fortnite says can not connect to Xbox live account. Only does this in Fortnite all other epic games work fine. Been doing it for a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kellie Brookman, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Connecting Xbox live to Fortnite

Son can not play Fortnite says can not connect to Xbox live account. Only does this in Fortnite all other epic games work fine. Been doing it for a week his brother uses same Xbox live account and has no issues at all. We have tried resetting Xbox disconnected internet and reconnected deleted saved files cleared cookies clear MAC address uninstalled and reinstalled nothing works. Have contacted epic but no resolve as yet .

What else can we try

:)

Kellie Brookman, Jan 21, 2023
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

Please help, set up Xbox one with wrong username

Hello GJ111,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with connecting your Xbox Live profile to a Fortnite account. For help with connecting your profile to Fortnite, please contact

Epic Games Support

I hope this helps.
  3. SpyShadow Win User

vbucks

You need to make sure the fortnite profile from epic games is connected to properly to xbox live. Say if your son by accident signed out and then created another fortnite profile , the v-bucks will go to the account previously connected to xbox live.

Please log in to your son's epic games account and under connections, acounts, you should see xbox is connected. If it is not than the v-bucks went to another account, and you will need to try to recover that account.
  4. WPAK Win User

Frustrated Parent-How do I ?

Hi there,

I'm afraid it's not possible to make the account a Child account, but for Fortnite there might be a different option, which will at least let your son keep the Fortnite specific purchases and profile (since these are connected to the Epic account). It will
    require a different Xbox Live Account (and Microsoft Account) so achievements will be none, purchases regarding other games won't be present etc etc and a different Gamertag.

See this link for more information and suggestion on the steps:
    https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/battle-royale/strats-tactics/609407-change-gamertag-xbox-live

I myself don't have Fortnite or have tried these steps, so be sure to double check just to be sure.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Seems like you have performed all the necessary steps, Kellie and if this only happens with the game, it may mean that the issue is with Fortnite itself.

Going back, we can try using a different network connection.
  6. ((chicken_nugget)) Win User

i readeamed a code but it is not letting me play online

Hello MavrickEddings!

Sorry to hear that your Xbox Live isn't working. Make sure that you have internet first. Then, make sure that Fortnite has the latest update and is connected to the internet. To test if your Xbox Live is working, try to join a party with someone. A main
    possibility is that your Fortnite isn't working. If none of the tests check out to be correct, restart your router and power cycle your Xbox.
Thema:

1. Connecting Xbox live to Fortnite - Similar Threads - Connecting live Fortnite

2. Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X: All of the sudden I am unable to connect to Xbox live on reverse compatability games for the Xbox 360 on the Xbox Series X despite being online on the Xbox Series X, hard-wired, with an open NAT...
  3. Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024: I can't connect to Xbox Live on backward-compatible games I have tried soft resets, and hard resets on both console and router, clearing the Mac address, and changing to Manual DNS settings and I...
  4. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  5. None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live: I have 2 Xbox 360's and I've been trying for the last week to get either of them to connect online so that I can download DLC and updates for my library before the store goes down in July. My...
  6. Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE: Hi, I've had this issue with my 360 experiencing trouble connecting to Xbox Live. The device is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, and even over wi-fi was reading a strong connection...
  7. Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet: So recently my Xbox 360 started to act weird ever since I unplugged it a couple days ago. I’ve recently reconnected it but ever since then I haven’t been able to connect to Xbox live. I’ve seen...
  8. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  9. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  10. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...