connecting xbox 360 to windows media center on a pc with windows 10

Discus and support connecting xbox 360 to windows media center on a pc with windows 10 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi I have not been able to connect my xbox 360 to my pc because I have Windows 10. How can I connect to my PC? Thanks Mary... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MaryChapman1, Mar 28, 2021.

1. MaryChapman1
    MaryChapman1 Guest

Hi

I have not been able to connect my xbox 360 to my pc because I have Windows 10. How can I connect to my PC?

Thanks

Mary

:)

MaryChapman1, Mar 28, 2021
  2. DigitalAssassin Win User

Xbox 360 Driver Needed

3. ismahilmai3 Win User

how do i set up windows media center so i can connect my xbox 360 to my windows 10 pc

how do i set up windows media center so i can connect my xbox 360 to my windows 10 pc?

it is my first time connecting my exbox up to my pc
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

How to setup windows media center for Xbox 360 to connect to PC

Hello Andrew J, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

To set up Windows Media Center for Xbox 360 to connect to your PC, follow these steps:

To begin, confirm that your PC meets the system requirements for Windows Media Center and that you have a compatible version of Windows installed (Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 Pro). Additionally, make sure your Xbox 360 console is connected to the same network as your PC.

Enable Windows Media Center on PC: On your PC, go to the Control Panel and open "Programs" or "Programs and Features." Click on "Turn Windows features on or off" and scroll down to find "Media Features." Expand it, then check the box for "Windows Media Center." Click "OK" and wait for the feature to be enabled.

After enabling Windows Media Center, open it from the Start menu or by searching for it. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial setup. During the setup process, you may need to enter your region, select the Xbox 360 as the Extender device, and choose the media libraries you want to share with the console.

On your Xbox 360 console, navigate to the "Media" section and select "Windows Media Center." Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the Xbox 360 as an Extender. You may need to enter a setup key provided by Windows Media Center on your PC.

Once the setup is complete, your Xbox 360 should be connected to Windows Media Center on your PC. You'll be able to access media files, such as pictures, music, and videos, stored on your PC through the Xbox 360 console.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

opening and connecting windows media center on my X-box 360 console

6. jaynight92 Win User

Media Center and XBOX wont work - windows 7

My PC is Windows 7 Home Edition, My Xbox and PC are both on a wireless connection, I managed to connect the Media Center just fine, The way I did this is following the step by step instructions on connecting them together. Please double check these instructions
    and see if you missed a step or maybe by mistake did something wrong.

First to be on the safe side do this.

•Click Start, Windows Media Center.

•Select Task, Settings.

•Select Extender.

•Select your Xbox 360 Media Center Extender.

•Select Uninstall.

If you cant find the Xbox 360 Media Center Extender then you may not have it installed yet. After checking this step please try the following.

Gather Setup Key from Xbox 360

•Press the Media Center Start button on the remote or go to My Xbox, then select Windows Media Center.

•Advance through the on-screen instructions to obtain the 8-digit Media Center Setup Key. Write this key down.

Add Extender

•At the Windows Vista or Windows 7 Media Center PC, launch Windows Media Center. Select Start, Windows Media Center.

•Select Tasks, Add Extender.

•When prompted, provide the 8-digit setup key you received from your Xbox 360.

•Complete the Extender setup.

This is the exact way that I have installed the media center using a Wireless connection to both systems and having Windows 7. I am however not sure if network discovery has anything to do with this on your PC.
Thema:

1. connecting xbox 360 to windows media center on a pc with windows 10 - Similar Threads - connecting 360 windows

2. None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live: I have 2 Xbox 360's and I've been trying for the last week to get either of them to connect online so that I can download DLC and updates for my library before the store goes down in July. My...
  3. XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error: Hello! I recently got an Xbox Series S and have been attempting to play Fallout: New Vegas on it via backwards compatibility, however an issue has been coming up preventing me from this. I have...
  4. Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE: Hi, I've had this issue with my 360 experiencing trouble connecting to Xbox Live. The device is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, and even over wi-fi was reading a strong connection...
  5. Xbox 360 wifi connection problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wifi connection problem: I'm not ale to connect to wireless wifi with my Xbox 360 and I keep getting a error when I try and it says failed then two blocks 698b7610-5b9d-4c61-838e-251c0fd1a866
  6. Is it possible to connect a Xbox 360 controller to windows 11 for steam gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to connect a Xbox 360 controller to windows 11 for steam gameplay?: I just need to know where you can install the driver or do people want me to try develop the driver, if I can have some guidelines I believe I can do it with Windows Visual Studio Code and node.js...
  7. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  8. How to setup windows media center for Xbox 360 to connect to PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to setup windows media center for Xbox 360 to connect to PC: Can't connect Xbox 360 to windows media player on PC 5d7da329-6462-4815-808c-f8dcac52205f
  9. How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?: In windows 11 is not available windows media center, because it was removed in 2015, so what can i do to connect them, i want to play and use game pass 777b7fd3-1eb8-4c3a-86c6-e37bd2639d12
  10. How to connect my fav music to my xbox 360 with my windows laptop?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to connect my fav music to my xbox 360 with my windows laptop?: Hi, i am trying to connect my favourite music to my xbox 360 and i have a windows laptop but i am not sure how to connect my music to the xbox 360. If u have the solution pls dm me here or my...