Connecting the 360 to the x1

Discus and support Connecting the 360 to the x1 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I saw on the internet that you can run an hdmi cable from your 360 through your x1 to the tv. Is that a good idea for better quality picture or not?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mhl2469, Jan 4, 2014.

1. mhl2469
    mhl2469 Guest

I saw on the internet that you can run an hdmi cable from your 360 through your x1 to the tv. Is that a good idea for better quality picture or not?

Also I heard its not meant to do that and I was wandering what i should do? Should i run it through and experience that small lag between the controller and action made or just keep my 360 connected to the tv?

:)

mhl2469, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Connecting to xbox live with the X1

Hey i plan to import the Xbox one to South Africa and i would like to know that if i buy battlefield 4 , will i be able to play online and what restrictions will i face by importing the console.

EmbeddedBobcat4, Jan 4, 2014
  3. MisterFizzle
    MisterFizzle Guest
    Connecting to xbox live with the X1

Hey Embedded,

Although Xbox One systems and games are not region locked, which means there are no technical limitations that would prevent them from being used in any country, Microsoft does not condone importing Xbox One outside of our official launch countries. Key experiences
    designed for a launch country may not be supported in a non-launch country.

We will not offer native language support, and may not have fully tested or received required agency marks for the product outside of these identified launch countries. In addition, customer support and warranty will be available only in launch countries.

MisterFizzle, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Connecting the 360 to the x1

Iv been looking at doing this as well so that i use wmc to watch live tv and all my movies and tv series

Here is a link to a video i watched of it being done

Has any1 tried this, do you know if the x1 can also power off & on the x360?

BlackSheriff84, Jan 4, 2014
  5. [quote user="mhl2469"] Should i run it through and experience that small lag between the controller and action made or just keep my 360 connected to the tv?[/quote]

I've been running my 360 through my X1 since the TV I have it set up on right now only has one HDMI port. The small amount of lag it creates hasn't really been enough to create any issues for me. It doesn't really make a better quality picture though. It
    looks the same to me.

NathanielLarson, Jan 6, 2014
  6. Dommahawk
    Dommahawk Guest
    oh thats really cool learn something new everyday

Dommahawk, Jan 7, 2014
  7. NephilimXS
    NephilimXS Guest
    I Have My 360, PS3, and Laptop connected to my HDMI in, via a 3-to-1 HDMI switch auto selector. The above post is right about their being a hint of lag. I noticed it's slightly better with the 360 outputting at 720 instead of 1080, the lag is so minimal
    that i can play NHL 14 online with out it being detrimental.

As far as quality, I did notice some degradation. I think depending on your TV model and size you may or not notice it. I certainly do with my 51 inch Samsung 8000 plasma (highest model)

NephilimXS, Jan 15, 2014
  8. Z4ZonE
    Z4ZonE Guest

can you connect a ps3 to the xbox one?

Z4ZonE, Oct 31, 2018
  9. ShadowChaser36 Win User

connecting xbox 360 to xbox one

To connect the the 360 to the X1, you use the HDMI IN port. Therefore, signal is going from the 360 to the X1. You still need to connect the X1 to an HDMI compatible tv or use an adapter to connect to other connections. You can't play the X1 through the
  10. Zero Divided Win User

New Smartglass app for xbox one

SmartGlass for the X1 is a different app than the 360 app, my understanding is that SmartGlass for the X1 will not touch your home network but connect to the X1 via Direct WiFi
  11. onyxishere Win User

Xbox 360 as TV for snap

All right, I just have to be sure. The 360 is connected to the X1 via HDMI cable is it not? The cable would go from the rear of the 360 to the HDMI In port on the rear of the X1.
  12. xx MAYHEM71 xx Win User

can anyone help...... open nat on xbox moderate on cod ghosts

360 never been connected to this hh4 . the x1 is only device on hub
  13. NathanielLarson Win User

[quote user="mhl2469"] Should i run it through and experience that small lag between the controller and action made or just keep my 360 connected to the tv?[/quote]

I've been running my 360 through my X1 since the TV I have it set up on right now only has one HDMI port. The small amount of lag it creates hasn't really been enough to create any issues for me. It doesn't really make a better quality picture though. It
    looks the same to me.
Thema:

1. Connecting the 360 to the x1 - Similar Threads - Connecting 360

2. connect xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    connect xbox 360: how to connect Xbox 360 to the internet 51bee530-3905-4a72-bda0-7fad74b4d684
  3. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  4. My Xbox 360 would connect to the internet anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 would connect to the internet anymore.: I need help. My Xbox 360 would connect to the internet anymore. It was working before but now it's giving me an error, at first it said my account could've been corrupted so I had deleted my...
  5. Xbox 360 connectivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 connectivity: Hi. I really need someone’s help. I have an Xbox series X but some of my Xbox 360 games such as amazing Spider-Man and Deadpool are not backwards compatible. It functions fine except I want to set...
  6. Xbox 360 s wont connect to internet how do fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 s wont connect to internet how do fix it?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox 360 S to my 2.4ghz network. I noticed on my Nintendo Switch the Security is WPA2-PSK (AES). I've looked it up and apparently you can't have that specific one....
  7. How do I get my Xbox 360 to connect to the network and Internet when I have a Microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get my Xbox 360 to connect to the network and Internet when I have a Microsoft...: How do I get my Xbox 360 to connect to the network and Internet when I have a Microsoft account and Xbox account 300970eb-9557-4faa-97b3-847fbe8056a7
  8. recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...

in XBoX on Windows
    recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...: I've tried reading other people's answers on this but I can't seem to work it, I connect it by the cable to to my pc (windows10) and it works (like the Xbox sign in the middle works) and I've...
  9. On my Xbox 360 for some reason I can connect to Xbox live but as I sign into my profile it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my Xbox 360 for some reason I can connect to Xbox live but as I sign into my profile it...: Xbox 360 live service issue 35b6f261-9e06-42a9-a889-24c1cd5bed5f
  10. Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?: Whenever I am in a game on my Xbox 360, my account disconnects from Xbox Live, and won't let me log back in. Whenever I go back to the dashboard, everything is fine and my account logs back into...