Connecting the 360 to the x1

Discus and support Connecting the 360 to the x1 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I saw on the internet that you can run an hdmi cable from your 360 through your x1 to the tv. Is that a good idea for better quality picture or not?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mhl2469, Jan 4, 2014.

1. mhl2469
    mhl2469 Guest

I saw on the internet that you can run an hdmi cable from your 360 through your x1 to the tv. Is that a good idea for better quality picture or not?

Also I heard its not meant to do that and I was wandering what i should do? Should i run it through and experience that small lag between the controller and action made or just keep my 360 connected to the tv?

:)

mhl2469, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Connecting to xbox live with the X1

Hey i plan to import the Xbox one to South Africa and i would like to know that if i buy battlefield 4 , will i be able to play online and what restrictions will i face by importing the console.

EmbeddedBobcat4, Jan 4, 2014
  3. MisterFizzle
    MisterFizzle Guest
    Connecting to xbox live with the X1

Hey Embedded,

Although Xbox One systems and games are not region locked, which means there are no technical limitations that would prevent them from being used in any country, Microsoft does not condone importing Xbox One outside of our official launch countries. Key experiences
    designed for a launch country may not be supported in a non-launch country.

We will not offer native language support, and may not have fully tested or received required agency marks for the product outside of these identified launch countries. In addition, customer support and warranty will be available only in launch countries.

MisterFizzle, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Connecting the 360 to the x1

Iv been looking at doing this as well so that i use wmc to watch live tv and all my movies and tv series

Here is a link to a video i watched of it being done

Has any1 tried this, do you know if the x1 can also power off & on the x360?

BlackSheriff84, Jan 4, 2014
  5. [quote user="mhl2469"] Should i run it through and experience that small lag between the controller and action made or just keep my 360 connected to the tv?[/quote]

I've been running my 360 through my X1 since the TV I have it set up on right now only has one HDMI port. The small amount of lag it creates hasn't really been enough to create any issues for me. It doesn't really make a better quality picture though. It
    looks the same to me.

NathanielLarson, Jan 6, 2014
  6. Dommahawk
    Dommahawk Guest
    oh thats really cool learn something new everyday

Dommahawk, Jan 7, 2014
  7. NephilimXS
    NephilimXS Guest
    I Have My 360, PS3, and Laptop connected to my HDMI in, via a 3-to-1 HDMI switch auto selector. The above post is right about their being a hint of lag. I noticed it's slightly better with the 360 outputting at 720 instead of 1080, the lag is so minimal
    that i can play NHL 14 online with out it being detrimental.

As far as quality, I did notice some degradation. I think depending on your TV model and size you may or not notice it. I certainly do with my 51 inch Samsung 8000 plasma (highest model)

NephilimXS, Jan 15, 2014
  8. Z4ZonE
    Z4ZonE Guest

can you connect a ps3 to the xbox one?

Z4ZonE, Oct 31, 2018
  9. ShadowChaser36 Win User

connecting xbox 360 to xbox one

To connect the the 360 to the X1, you use the HDMI IN port. Therefore, signal is going from the 360 to the X1. You still need to connect the X1 to an HDMI compatible tv or use an adapter to connect to other connections. You can't play the X1 through the
  10. Zero Divided Win User

New Smartglass app for xbox one

SmartGlass for the X1 is a different app than the 360 app, my understanding is that SmartGlass for the X1 will not touch your home network but connect to the X1 via Direct WiFi
  11. onyxishere Win User

Xbox 360 as TV for snap

All right, I just have to be sure. The 360 is connected to the X1 via HDMI cable is it not? The cable would go from the rear of the 360 to the HDMI In port on the rear of the X1.
  12. xx MAYHEM71 xx Win User

can anyone help...... open nat on xbox moderate on cod ghosts

360 never been connected to this hh4 . the x1 is only device on hub
  13. NathanielLarson Win User

[quote user="mhl2469"] Should i run it through and experience that small lag between the controller and action made or just keep my 360 connected to the tv?[/quote]

I've been running my 360 through my X1 since the TV I have it set up on right now only has one HDMI port. The small amount of lag it creates hasn't really been enough to create any issues for me. It doesn't really make a better quality picture though. It
    looks the same to me.
Thema:

1. Connecting the 360 to the x1 - Similar Threads - Connecting 360

2. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  3. How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?: Hi everyone, I'm trying to use my laptop as a monitor for my Xbox, but I'm running into some difficulties and could use some advice. Here's what I've tried so far: HDMI Connection: My laptop...
  4. Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates: My Xbox 360 4GB will not connect to the internet or perform system updates. It can recognize the WiFi signal, but it wont connect. Setting up a wired connection allows it to connect to the...
  5. How to connect my xbox 360 to my wifi router

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect my xbox 360 to my wifi router: It keeps saying that it is not connecting to the wifi router itself even though it says the wifi signal is 100% and now i cant get my profile to sync anymore. At first i thought it was because my...
  6. Hello why when i trie to connect wifi on xbox 360 it says to use a wireless internent...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello why when i trie to connect wifi on xbox 360 it says to use a wireless internent...: Hello why when i try to connect my wifi on my x box three sixty it says To use Internet connection connect an xbox 360 Wireless Networking ADAPTER to your console and the wifi it will be next to...
  7. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  8. I need help connecting to xbox live on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help connecting to xbox live on my Xbox 360: I have an xbox 360 and I've been trying to bring up the ol thing back up but every time I try to let it connect to xbox live or sign in to any of my accounts it says can't sign in or to restart my...
  9. Trying to connect to Xbox 360 marketplace...won't connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to connect to Xbox 360 marketplace...won't connect?: Trying to connect to Xbox 360 marketplace to buy a video game which I did in October but can't now 094132d1-2583-4ab4-9d0c-6c869d427b94
  10. When my Xbox 360 S is connected to the Internet, will some installed Xbox 360 apps no...

in XBoX on Windows
    When my Xbox 360 S is connected to the Internet, will some installed Xbox 360 apps no...: I have 101 apps installed on my Xbox 360 S. When the console is connected to the Internet, will some installed applications no longer supported be auto uninstalled upon the request of the...