Connecting my 360 user to my Xbox One

Discus and support Connecting my 360 user to my Xbox One in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So... My Xbox 360 won't allow me to download my xbox live user, sync it with an already made profile (which is what im trying to do), or, worst case,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sterling_Cover, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Connecting my 360 user to my Xbox One

So... My Xbox 360 won't allow me to download my xbox live user, sync it with an already made profile (which is what im trying to do), or, worst case, make a xbox live account (because it's already in use). None of these work, and therefore I can't download
    my 360 profile to my xbox one, which I need in order to save my 360 games.

Does anyone know a way arround this? Or a way I can connect the two profiles togheter? Is it possible to simply use an external harddrive/USB and manually transfer all files?

:)

Sterling_Cover, Jan 29, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Sterling,

Are you referring to transferring game data or progress from one account to another? If so, then that is not possible unfortunately. Saved data is account specific and can't be shared or linked with other accounts.

If you are just simply trying to add a profile you had on your Xbox 360 to your Xbox One, you can do so by just putting in the login information for that account on your Xbox One.

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/add-remove-account-xbox-one

Your gamertag will carry over and any digital games you own will also carry over. In order for 360 game saves to carry over, you need to make sure your Xbox Live cloud storage is enabled on the 360 and back up or move the saved data from your storage device
    to the cloud storage. Anything from the Xbox Live cloud storage will sync to the Xbox One over the network connection to Xbox Live once you start the game on the Xbox One.

Here are some support articles to guide you:

1. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/cloud-save-games
    2. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/cloud-save-troubleshoot
    3. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/game-saves-in-the-cloud-faq
  3. ArminatorX Win User

The problem is that I never linked my xbox 360 to my xbox live account, [...]. So I'm trying to link my xbox live account to my xbox 360, but all I get are error messages.

My account is linked to my xbox one without any problems, but in order to save xbox 360 game data on my xbox one, I have to download my/a xbox 360 profile, which I can't do because my profile won't connect to xbox live.
    The problem is, since you used a Xbox One, your Microsoft Account is now already "occupied" with a Gamertag, so you can't use that Microsoft Account to bring your old Xbox 360 offline Gamertag online.

You COULD create a new Microsoft Account to bring your Xbox 360 account online, but you won't be able to access the savegames with your Xbox One account, as Savegames can't be transferred between accounts.

So depending on how much you already invested in your Xbox One account, you might try to bring your old Xbox 360 account online, and use that on your Xbox One, and start your Xbox One gaming history over, or you can abandon your Xbox 360 saves and just use
    your old account on the Xbox One to download your previous Xbox 360 digital games, and start these over with your new Xbox One account.

Since it's not possible to merge Gamertag accounts, you will have to decide which account you wish continue to use for actual gaming, and which account you simply keep to claim license ownership for downloaded games.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Sterling,

Unfortunately, you are able to link two accounts together. If your Xbox 360 account is an offline account you can convert it to a gamertag profile.

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/offline-profile-to-gamertag

With the save data you will need to enable cloud save, play games a little then they will sync to the cloud. You should then be able to access the save data on the Xbox one. Note not all save data will work as developers change some things when they make
    them backward compatible.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Sterling_Cover Win User

If you are just simply trying to add a profile you had on your Xbox 360 to your Xbox One, you can do so by just putting in the login information for that account on your Xbox One.
    The problem is that I never linked my xbox 360 to my xbox live account, and now it don't want to. So I'm trying to link my xbox live account to my xbox 360, but all I get are error messages.

My account is linked to my xbox one without any problems, but in order to save xbox 360 game data on my xbox one, I have to download my/a xbox 360 profile, which I can't do because my profile won't connect to xbox live.

Usually I would just play my 360 games on the xbox 360, but unfortunately my xbox 360 can't run games due to a hardware malfunction.
  6. robnyack Win User

Xbox One: You Can Run a PS4 Through It If You Like

[quote user="HaloJolly"]

My question is…

Can I connect my 360 to the Xbox One too?

[/quote]

Yes...this was address specifically by MS early on. You can play your 360 games using your Xbox One UI
Thema:

1. Connecting my 360 user to my Xbox One - Similar Threads - Connecting 360 user

2. None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live: I have 2 Xbox 360's and I've been trying for the last week to get either of them to connect online so that I can download DLC and updates for my library before the store goes down in July. My...
  3. XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error: Hello! I recently got an Xbox Series S and have been attempting to play Fallout: New Vegas on it via backwards compatibility, however an issue has been coming up preventing me from this. I have...
  4. Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 connects to internet, but not Xbox LIVE: Hi, I've had this issue with my 360 experiencing trouble connecting to Xbox Live. The device is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, and even over wi-fi was reading a strong connection...
  5. Xbox 360 wifi connection problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wifi connection problem: I'm not ale to connect to wireless wifi with my Xbox 360 and I keep getting a error when I try and it says failed then two blocks 698b7610-5b9d-4c61-838e-251c0fd1a866
  6. my Xbox 360 E will not connect to Spectrum internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox 360 E will not connect to Spectrum internet: So I got my 360 E a few years ago and a few months ago I tried connecting it to the internet but it won't connect, I tried hotspot and I gave up. 54ecfb1f-40e9-47a7-90ca-0c97461ff619
  7. how to connect my computer to Xbox 360?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to connect my computer to Xbox 360?: how to connect my computer to Xbox 360? ba1fdca5-c40d-4cbe-8579-ed588406bf13
  8. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  9. Xbox live on Xbox 360 isn't connecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live on Xbox 360 isn't connecting: I tried to sign in to Xbox live and it gave me an error code 8015190E and it said your console can't connect to Xbox live and to check my Internet connection and I did but everything was fine so I...
  10. Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?: My xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live. f683801c-6dd0-4023-b8cb-416c00dd6e98