Connecting 360 to Xbox Live Silver

Discus and support Connecting 360 to Xbox Live Silver in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I cannot get my Xbox 360 connected to Xbox Live Silver. The console connects to the internet, but won't connect to Live. I'm trying to update the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tony360, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Tony360
    Tony360 Guest

I cannot get my Xbox 360 connected to Xbox Live Silver. The console connects to the internet, but won't connect to Live. I'm trying to update the console, but never bothered trying to connect to Live until now. Any thoughts/help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Tony360, Feb 21, 2022
  2. Tony360 Win User

Thanks, Vinicius

I should've known that!

I'll give it a try in a few days (I've recently been busy) and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for your advice and patience. It's really appreciated.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Yes is the Xbox button on the controller. :)

And the LB and RB are this buttons:

[​IMG]
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Tony360, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Try this on your console, Tony360:

1. Press the XBOX button on the controller, go to "Settings" and select "System Settings".

2. Select "Storage".

Highlight, but do not select, a storage device and press the Y button on the controller to access Device Options.

***Note It does not matter which storage device is selected. This procedure will clear all storage devices from the cache.***

3. On the Device Options screen, select Clear System Cache.

4. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select "Yes".

***Note After successfully clearing the system cache, you will be returned to the Storage Devices screen. Press the XBOX button on the controller to return to Xbox Home.***

Then roll back and reinstall system updates. To do this:

Press the Panel button on the controller.

Go to Settings and select System.

Select Storage.

Enter the following sequence of buttons: X, LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.

Select the option to roll back all installed system updates. The console will automatically restart and download the updates again.

Restart your network hardware. Learn how to do this:

Unplug the power cord from the back of the router, modem, or gateway. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cord from both devices.

Turn off the Xbox 360 console by pressing the power button on the front of the console.

Wait five minutes.

If you are using router, plug it in and wait for all lights to return to normal state.

Plug in the rest of the hardware and try connecting to Xbox Live.
  5. Tony360 Win User

Hi Vinicius,

Thanks for getting back to me and I hope you're well.

I haven't tried to reinstall system updates yet.

I have a couple of questions, though:

-- What do you mean by the "panel button" on the controller? Is that the Xbox button on the controller?

-- Also, when you say go to storage and enter the "following sequence of buttons: X, LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X," does LB and RB refer to the left and right buttons on the directional pad or the left and right trigger buttons?

I really appreciate the help. Sincerely, thanks for being patient with a noob.
  6. Tony360 Win User

Hi Vinicius,

I'm doing well (except for my current 360 problem).

Thank you very much for getting back to me.

When I go to Device Options and go to Clear System Cache and then select Yes, it's not clearing the Cache.

It's still showing the same amount of free space on my storage unit.

Any more help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks again
Thema:

1. Connecting 360 to Xbox Live Silver - Similar Threads - Connecting 360 Live

2. On my Xbox 360 for some reason I can connect to Xbox live but as I sign into my profile it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my Xbox 360 for some reason I can connect to Xbox live but as I sign into my profile it...: Xbox 360 live service issue 35b6f261-9e06-42a9-a889-24c1cd5bed5f
  3. Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?: Whenever I am in a game on my Xbox 360, my account disconnects from Xbox Live, and won't let me log back in. Whenever I go back to the dashboard, everything is fine and my account logs back into...
  4. Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live: When trying to load and play COD Black Ops 2, it is saying that my connection to Xbox Live has been lost and to sign in again, but I only keep getting this message. This has persisted after...
  5. I can’t connect to Xbox Live when trying to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t connect to Xbox Live when trying to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox One: So I have done quite a bit of research regarding the backwards compatibility issue with Xbox 360 games on Xbox One, and nothing seems to work for me. At the end of the day, I can’t sign into my...
  6. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x: So I've tried to play about three different xbox 360 games through backwards compatibility on the xbox series x. But every time I try to sign in it won't connect me to Xbox Live, even though I'm...
  7. Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection: This is a bit long winded, but this is an accounting of what has taken place, and lead me here: I finished/100% a game on my Xbox 360 yesterday that was not back compat to the Series X. No...
  8. Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games: Hello can someone please help me im having issues connecting to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games I've tried few games every games isn't connecting such as gears 2 or...
  9. Unable to Connect to Xbox live (Xbox Series X) on Xbox 360 Backwards compatibility

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Connect to Xbox live (Xbox Series X) on Xbox 360 Backwards compatibility: A few days ago, I was achievement hunting on some old Xbox 360 games and was connected to xbox live and was able to play online a day after finishing all the achievements on a game I went to boot...
  10. 360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6: 360 can't connect live I called. Xb. & My Internet provider ATT. NO HELP. ROUTER CANT CONNECT TO XBOX I TRIED WIRELESS SAME MESSAGE. XBOX TEST FAILURE. WHEN I TEST IT SAYS CONNECTED. THEN. IT...