Connect system with broken disc drive?

Discus and support Connect system with broken disc drive? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, We have an xbox one and the disc drive broke a while back (I think my toddler stuck something in it) and we can't afford to replace it. My older... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LeskentCA, Aug 27, 2020.

1. LeskentCA
    LeskentCA Guest

Hi,

We have an xbox one and the disc drive broke a while back (I think my toddler stuck something in it) and we can't afford to replace it. My older kids are wondering if we can buy the connect system (we had it with our old xbox 360 and they loved it) and just
    download games for it. We were only used to games on disc with the 360 so not sure if downloadable games will work with the One S?

:)

LeskentCA, Aug 27, 2020
  2. blueamcat Win User

The Xbox One S absolutely uses digital games. All of them do. :) Just be sure to buy the games on your main account (usually the parents account) and then anyone who signs into the Xbox will be able to play the game.

As far as the Kinect games go, you would need a second version of the device (which is no longer sold) to use on the Xbox One S. I don't think those games are downloadable.
  3. King Lerxst-F319EB44 Win User

wont read any disc

Sounds like you've got a broken disc drive.

support.xbox.com/.../disc-error

Already reading about this happening to others in the support forum. Along with people stuck at the green screen

Had to figure there would be a percentage of broken systems right out of the gate. Hope it turns out to be a low percentage.
  4. SumterMacGuy Win User

Please help with my xbox game

I would be very careful with that disc. A broken disc can cause an imbalance in the drive when it spins up, potentially damaging the drive. I personally would look at replacing the game rather than take the chance of having to replace the entire system.
    An alternative would be to see if it available as a digital purchase from the Xbox store so you don't have to worry about a disc at all.
  5. Fizzle Wizzle Win User

Broken Disc Drive

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDoDqTaIwIc]
  6. For Gods Sake-124816 Win User

Broken Disc Drive

As Above and i have to have it boxed up ready for the courier as i dont know when he will turn up so cant even play it till then. Then its a day to get there. Then they have to test and then if they dont have them in stock will have to wait till they do.
    this could take ages
Thema:

1. Connect system with broken disc drive? - Similar Threads - Connect system broken

2. My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...: I connect to the internet then it acts like it wants to do the update then it stops and says that there is a problem with the update and when I click try again it does nothing and this problem has...
  3. How do I connect my external sonos sound system to the xbox X (not series)

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect my external sonos sound system to the xbox X (not series): I’ve had the first generation Xbox for a while now. I just upgraded and bought the Xbox X, however, there’s no audio coming out of my Sonos sound system. With the first generation Xbox, the sound...
  4. System is not connecting to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    System is not connecting to wifi: System is not even a year old yet maybe a couple of months it shouldn't be having these kind of issues at all right now I bought it brand new still have the original box it came in also how do I...
  5. How do I connect my Xbox to my Sonos system

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect my Xbox to my Sonos system: Hi, what options do I have to connect my xbox to my sonos (I got two Sonos Ones)? Is that even possible? Thanks! e5e35478-62c8-41bf-a3d1-3604f6d2abda
  6. Need help with system start up error controller wont connect at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with system start up error controller wont connect at all: Keep getting the stystem startup Error E102 on my xbox. Ive done everything Ive seen in the forums except my controller wont connect for me to do anything other than look at the troubleshoot...
  7. Need Help Please, Stuck on System Update Screen & Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

in XboX Insiders
    Need Help Please, Stuck on System Update Screen & Won't Connect to Wi-Fi: [IMG] Hi, apologies if none of this makes sense or if I'm posting in the wrong place, I had never even switched on an Xbox before about 3 hours ago & Google brought me here. My son bought a...
  8. xbox 360 system connect

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox 360 system connect: I'm trying to connect two xbox 360's with an ethernet cable once they connect one console drops connection I think it's because the cable is 50 feet long. Is there a way to boost the signal...
  9. System won't update and my controllers won't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    System won't update and my controllers won't connect: My system won't update and when it tries to, my controllers disconnect. The only way I can do anything is to shut it off at the box. When I turn it back on, the update is no longer available. What...
  10. Anyone experienced a problem where their system couldn't connect to an apartment public wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone experienced a problem where their system couldn't connect to an apartment public wifi?: During the initial set up I cant connect to my apartments public wifi so i cant even play it right now? are there any ways that i can fix this problem so i can play?...