Connect HD TV Tuner to Xbox One

Discus and support Connect HD TV Tuner to Xbox One in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm from Australia and currently dont utilise any cable tv/box. I only got my XB1 last night and havent played with it too much but I thought... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by The Finesse Man, Feb 28, 2014.

  1. Connect HD TV Tuner to Xbox One


    Hi all,

    I'm from Australia and currently dont utilise any cable tv/box. I only got my XB1 last night and havent played with it too much but I thought I'd ask this before I did anything wrong.

    Is it possible to connect an external HD TV Tuner to the XB1 HDMI input? Are there any restrictions to this? Compatability issues? Or is it just plug and play?

    I dont remember the Brand of the Tuner I have laying around at home but it's around 1.5years old.



    Thanks!

    :)
     
    The Finesse Man, Feb 28, 2014
    #1
  2. iamscott1962
    iamscott1962 Guest
    hd tv tuner question

    does anyone know if an hd tv tuner card is required to capture xbox 360

    gameplay footage in hd? i want to capture xbox 360 gameplay footage in hd. i have an hdtv and an xbox 360 hd av cable. it doesn't have the svideo part that plugs into the svideo port on my tv tuner card. not sure if my tv tuner card is hd.
    thanks.
     
    iamscott1962, Feb 28, 2014
    #2
  3. Sky TV And Freeview

    Hey there, dylanere2! These are wonderful questions, and I hope that I can get you the answers you're looking for!

    Yes, you can connect a Freeview HD box and control it via HDMI passthrough.

    Yes, you can connect an aerial to the TV Tuner to receive the Freeview channels and control them with your voice. You can see more on that on our

    Xbox One Digital TV Tuner
    support article.

    The TV Tuner can only access unencrypted terrestrial and cable content, not encrypted or satellite signals. You should be able to connect your satellite or cable box to the HDMI connection and have it set up that way.

    If you have any other questions regarding the TV Tuner, we be more than happy to answer them to the best of our ability! :3
     
    Misses Quinzel, Feb 28, 2014
    #3
  4. iamscott1962 Win User

    hd tv tuner question

    this gets confusing. i have an hd tv. i have a an hd av xbox 360 cable with no svideo thing to plug into my tv tuners' svideo port. i waned to see if i need an hd tv tuner. if i did i'd get one. if not, i won't. i just need the easiest/cheapest way to record
    xbox 360 footage in hd.
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

    Sky TV And Freeview

    Hey there, dylanere2! These are wonderful questions, and I hope that I can get you the answers you're looking for!

    Yes, you can connect a Freeview HD box and control it via HDMI passthrough.

    Yes, you can connect an aerial to the TV Tuner to receive the Freeview channels and control them with your voice. You can see more on that on our

    Xbox One Digital TV Tuner
    support article.

    The TV Tuner can only access unencrypted terrestrial and cable content, not encrypted or satellite signals. You should be able to connect your satellite or cable box to the HDMI connection and have it set up that way.

    If you have any other questions regarding the TV Tuner, we be more than happy to answer them to the best of our ability! :3
  6. iamscott1962 Win User

    hd tv tuner question

    thanks. can it be any hd tv tuner? i doubt i can afford an hd pvr.
  7. Arseny Kravchenko Win User

    EasyCap USB 2.0 Capture Card: Question???

    Connecting a game console over a TV tuner to PC is not recommended, because most tuners are analog input. If a digital source is connected, it decodes its signal to analog, then the tuner chip encodes the analog signal back to digital to be displayed/heard
    on the PC. Unless your PC has a very fast CPU and the tuner has a fast encoder, that setup is unrecommended, you can get ping issues between what actually happens on the console and what is displayed/heard on the PC. Or use a tuner with a HDMI input to record
    digitally directly, but even in this case a fast PC is required to record HD, and I even doubt that TV tuners with HDMI are exist on the market.
  8. WillSmithVXR Win User

    Ripped off by Microsoft, false advertising?

    [quote user="KingG 1983"]HOWEVER..... My Panasonic smart tv with built in HD free view cannot be controlled by the xbox one, the tv is recognised but hdmi output does not allow the freeview to be viewed at all!![/quote]

    How is the Xbox One ever going to control a TV with a built in tuner?
Thema:

Connect HD TV Tuner to Xbox One

Loading...
  1. Connect HD TV Tuner to Xbox One - Similar Threads - Connect Tuner

  2. Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure: Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure Summary Xbox Cloud Gaming streams intermittently fail to connect. The Xbox logo appears, a brief clip of audio plays (timing is...
  3. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  4. Available for XBOX Insiders: More Ways to Customize, Play, and Connect

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: More Ways to Customize, Play, and Connect: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  5. The Crew 2 Not Showing on Ubisoft Connect

    in XboX Insiders
    The Crew 2 Not Showing on Ubisoft Connect: As the recent news about some Ubisoft titles being free if you own them on Xbox digitally, I have received Farcry 6, Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin's Creed Valhalla on my Ubisoft Connect PC...
  6. Remote Play Problems.. Can’t connect

    in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play Problems.. Can’t connect: I have been trying to use the remote play feature and have been having issues. If I’m at home with my console, it works perfectly fine.. but that defeats the purpose. I’ve only gotten it to work...
  7. Xbox series X won't connect to internet

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X won't connect to internet: Tried connecting to Wi-Fi and says it's already has a wired connection, when it doesn't. Doesn't also work when connected to Ethernet cable. Tried hard reset, power downs, router turned on and...
  8. Insider program connectivity issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Insider program connectivity issues: I joined the Xbox insider program yesterday, and today when I've turned on my series X can't connect to the Xbox Network. I am connected to my wifi network, all the tests are coming back normal...
  9. Discord Connectivity Issues on Xbox Series X Despite Stable IPv6

    in XboX Insiders
    Discord Connectivity Issues on Xbox Series X Despite Stable IPv6: Hello, I would like to report recurring issues with Discord voice chat integration on Xbox Series X. Observed behavior: Discord voice chat occasionally disconnects for approximately 15–30...
  10. Philips 42PFL5405H: i can not connect to my tv tuner.

    in XBoX TV Hardware
    Philips 42PFL5405H: i can not connect to my tv tuner.: Philips (Televisions) 42PFL5405H: i can not connect to my tv tuner. Hello WideGiant, Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. I'm sorry to hear your TV tuner is not working. This link...