Confusing Chat Problem - Tried Many Debugging Steps

Discus and support Confusing Chat Problem - Tried Many Debugging Steps in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I’ve become the unfortunate victim of a tough to crack problem with my voice chat. I can hear others, but they cannot hear me. I had one friend report... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by ThiccRichard, Oct 7, 2022.

1. ThiccRichard
    ThiccRichard Guest

I’ve become the unfortunate victim of a tough to crack problem with my voice chat. I can hear others, but they cannot hear me. I had one friend report that it doesn’t look like a microphone is plugged in for me from their end in the Xbox party. Interestingly, on my end, I can see the microphone in party chat and for all of my settings. And besides, it works to hear, just not speak.

This is Xbox One.

Steps I’ve taken:

1. Used multiple headsets. Each work on my laptops fine.

2. Multiple controllers. Unless the brand new controller is coincidentally also having problems.

3. Reset all settings.

4. Double checked privacy settings for multiplayer.

5. Double checked that neither of my controllers needs an update.

6. Reset the MAC address.

7. Performed a factory reset, but kept all games and apps.

I’m very hesitant to do a full factory reset, since that would take a long time to get everything back.

Any help would be appreciated! Considering just switching to another gaming medium

:)

ThiccRichard, Oct 7, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this THICCRICHARD

Can you try using a wireless headset instead?
    If not, to avoid the full factory reset, you can perform an offline update for your console first. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with detailed steps and requirements):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

**If maybe you're using an insider build you need to leave the program first and go back to an stable OS version. If not, the offline update is not going to work
  3. ShruthiShankar Win User

With latest October 2018 update on Xbox console, remote debugging using Visual studio is failing with Error DEP6957.

As I mentioned earlier, solution is to use visual studio 2017 for remote debugging xbox console with latest october OS update.

I followed below steps for remote debugging on xbox. These steps are regardless of which version of visual studio is used.

• In visual studio open your projects solution file
    • select debug as solution configuration
    • setup your device info by going to Debug -> <project> properties -> Debugging -> Remote Machine
    • Enter your device's IP address in the machine name field
    • Select Universal(Unencrypted protocol) in Require authentication field
    Looks like visual studio 2015 is not compatible with latest xbox OS which is why I was getting the error DEP6597.
  4. korey03 Win User

Slow download speed in Xbox Game Pass

Is there a way to debug and know which server we are connected to? A tracert command or something like this.

Or whether delivery optimization is the problem. Because I tried to put the limitation at 0.1Mbps (12.5KB/s) but it always download at ~100KB/s instead of 12.
  5. DriplessChart21 Win User

Minecraft Xbox 360 Old World's Biomes Change after tu12.

my minecraft is tu13 but i do not now how to debug this problem? sorry i wish you the best :)
  6. FurryCoast41833 Win User

Game Voice Not Working: Xbox Game Bar Missing "Xbox Chat" Widget and "Party Chat" Settings

I have tried all of the published troubleshooting steps. You'll notice that this is a different problem (missing Party Chat setting is a symptom) that is not described anywhere else.
Thema:

1. Confusing Chat Problem - Tried Many Debugging Steps - Similar Threads - Confusing Chat Problem

2. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  3. My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.: Im gonna try to be as in-depth as possible to make this as least confusing as I can. I woke up today and opened up lunar client and noticed i was logged out, so i clicked on login and it asks me...
  4. I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.: So back when we had to migrate our accounts I did it successfully however I now have lost my old cape and account but have access to a different account which had no skin originally. I haven't...
  5. Confusing game labels

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Confusing game labels: Why would a game be labelled on the box as Xbox series x and Xbox one but then only be compatible with series x? I bought this for my younger brother some of his other games say the same thing on...
  6. Xbox - pc confusion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox - pc confusion: Hello! So I have house flipper on my Xbox. I have the xbox app on my pc and am able to play it on there too through cloud gaming. For Christmas I bought the Luxery & Garden ad ons for house...
  7. visit www.Microsoft.com/link ??? I’m confused

in XBoX Games and Apps
    visit www.Microsoft.com/link ??? I’m confused: Hi! I just purchased an xbox series s today, and it worked perfectly fine about two hours ago and I turned it off and went to do some stuff and came back and it’s telling me to sign in, but I try...
  8. Please help I’m so confused with Xbox/Microsoft accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please help I’m so confused with Xbox/Microsoft accounts: Hi all, so I set up last Christmas my 14year old his Xbox series x using my Microsoft log in details and now his Xbox profile thinks he is me and also now I have downloaded the Xbox family app...
  9. Confusing about My xbox home switches reset

in XBoX Accessibility
    Confusing about My xbox home switches reset: I changed my xbox home once and now I have 4/5 switches, should I wait a year for it to go back to 5 or should I use them all for them to reset? because a year has passed but they haven't returned...
  10. i got permanently suspended because of my profile picture and i was confused because my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i got permanently suspended because of my profile picture and i was confused because my...: submit an appeal i got a permanent suspension because my profile picture was bad and it go reported so i got permanently suspended and i can’t submit an appeal but in my opinion it wasn’t even...