Confused about audio output settings for home theater with Series x

Discus and support Confused about audio output settings for home theater with Series x in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Greetings For movies and TV I like to use a home theater with surround. We recently moved and the basement is wired already with speakers and a home... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TT RX7, Oct 17, 2022.

1. TT RX7
    TT RX7 Guest

Greetings

For movies and TV I like to use a home theater with surround. We recently moved and the basement is wired already with speakers and a home theater receiver. It is a Pioneer VSX-80TXV and from what I can tell they have 7.1 speakers wired to it, although the display on the receiver is only showing 5.1.

Since I want to take advantage of higher frame rates for gaming, I have my series X HDMI going straight into my TV and I'm using an optical cable to run from the TV to the receiver. Prior to moving I had used "bitstream" output on the series x, but now I see that the option is no longer available.

When I go into the audio test settings, and select dolby - the chimes come from the appropriate speakers, so that leads me to believe it is working properly and the correct setting. However, it find audio receivers and settings extremely convoluted and confusing so I figured I'd ask - if anyone has advice or suggestions to ensure I'm maximizing my experience I would appreciate it.

Cheers

Charlie

:)

TT RX7, Oct 17, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

First off, you to get rid of the optical cable. It was outdated 15 years ago and cannot carry 7.1 or modern audio formats

You need to either replace the receiver, or get a 4K splitter repeater (1in/2 out) Like this. I have not personally tried this and cannot vouch for it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0839PRQ2V/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?pd_rd_i=B0839PRQ2V&pd_rd_w=d1HSW&content-id=amzn1.sym.dd2c6db7-6626-466d-bf04-9570e69a7df0&pf_rd_p=dd2c6db7-6626-466d-bf04-9570e69a7df0&pf_rd_r=ZSX7C54F6HD7DCA94PKX&pd_rd_wg=1wPlR&pd_rd_r=948a7e6a-6c8f-4c16-85f0-15f8f4bd984e&s=aht&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&smid=A2IX3RNQE846HA&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFNWlBQU1VJWjhJSUEmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA5MzU3NTgxSlREWEhRQVZTSEQmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDc0NzUwOERVNU5SMlYxNUVFVyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbF90aGVtYXRpYyZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

HDMI from Xbox to splitter to receiver and TV. Pleasee consult your TV and receiver manual about tweaking your audio delay.to avoid sync issues
  3. Vanessaez Win User

Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on an Xbox series x?

Hello MattorNova, my name is Vanessa, and I would be happy to help.

In response to your question, I personally have not experienced this, but it is still rare.

Here are some steps you can try:

Change the audio output format to stereo. This will eliminate surround sound, but it may reduce or eliminate the clicking/crackling sound.

Try using a different audio output device. If you are using a soundbar or home theater system, try connecting the Xbox Series X directly to your TV.

Check the audio output settings in the game. Some games have settings that can affect the audio output. Try adjusting these settings to see if they help.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
  4. Adam Sheetz Win User

Atmos trouble on Xbox x

Hi, PiotrONX, my name is Adam.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with your Xbox X series and Denon AVR. Here are some steps that you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check your audio settings: Make sure that your Xbox X series is set to output audio in Dolby Atmos format. To do this, go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output > Audio output, and then select Dolby Atmos for home theater. If you have already done this, try toggling the setting off and on again.

2. Check your HDMI connections: Ensure that your Xbox X series is connected to your Denon AVR via an HDMI cable that supports Dolby Atmos. Also, make sure that your Denon AVR is set to the correct input source.

3. Update your firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your Denon AVR. If there are, update your firmware to the latest version.

4. Reset your Xbox X series: If none of the above steps work, try resetting your Xbox X series to its default settings. To do this, go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console > Reset and remove everything.

I hope this helps!
    Adam.
  5. Zacabeb Win User

I will try one more time !!

A few days ago I tried to do some research on your TV, but then the Argos web site was down. Now that I have found some info on the TV the forums keep acting up... :p

Anyway, I found photos of the mainboard from the TV and noticed there is a connection in between the optical output and the SCART connectors. It wasn't possible to tell from the photos if it was an input or an output however. It looks to me like it is an AV
    input, but if it is an audio output - then that could be used for connecting to the home theater system.

What would be needed is a SCART adapter with an IN/OUT switch for the home theater system's SCART, plus a 2x RCA male-male audio cable to go between it and the analog audio output on the TV. The TV would then need to be set up to make sure the sound over the
    audio output is unaffected by its volume control.

But if the connector on the back of the TV is not an audio output but an input, it might be that the sound from the TV cannot be connected to the home theater system.

Hopefully the forums will stop acting up, as I want to help you get this sorted out. :)
  6. mredhwk10 Win User

After installing late November update, No sound

Sounds like a problem with the HDMI cable. Is it direct to the TV or through a home theater system and then the TV? If it is home theater you may need to run a digital audio / firewire cable for the audio to function into the receiver.

If you're direct to a TV check you system audio output settings from the Xbox dashboard far right system option. With an HDMI cord you'll ideally want to use Dolby output and let the device it is connect to decide if it will use Dolby or downgrade to a 2
    channel R/L stereo mode.

Hopefully this helps you out a bit.
Thema:

1. Confused about audio output settings for home theater with Series x - Similar Threads - Confused audio output

2. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  3. My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.: Im gonna try to be as in-depth as possible to make this as least confusing as I can. I woke up today and opened up lunar client and noticed i was logged out, so i clicked on login and it asks me...
  4. I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.: So back when we had to migrate our accounts I did it successfully however I now have lost my old cape and account but have access to a different account which had no skin originally. I haven't...
  5. Confusing game labels

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Confusing game labels: Why would a game be labelled on the box as Xbox series x and Xbox one but then only be compatible with series x? I bought this for my younger brother some of his other games say the same thing on...
  6. Xbox - pc confusion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox - pc confusion: Hello! So I have house flipper on my Xbox. I have the xbox app on my pc and am able to play it on there too through cloud gaming. For Christmas I bought the Luxery & Garden ad ons for house...
  7. visit www.Microsoft.com/link ??? I’m confused

in XBoX Games and Apps
    visit www.Microsoft.com/link ??? I’m confused: Hi! I just purchased an xbox series s today, and it worked perfectly fine about two hours ago and I turned it off and went to do some stuff and came back and it’s telling me to sign in, but I try...
  8. Please help I’m so confused with Xbox/Microsoft accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please help I’m so confused with Xbox/Microsoft accounts: Hi all, so I set up last Christmas my 14year old his Xbox series x using my Microsoft log in details and now his Xbox profile thinks he is me and also now I have downloaded the Xbox family app...
  9. Confusing about My xbox home switches reset

in XBoX Accessibility
    Confusing about My xbox home switches reset: I changed my xbox home once and now I have 4/5 switches, should I wait a year for it to go back to 5 or should I use them all for them to reset? because a year has passed but they haven't returned...
  10. i got permanently suspended because of my profile picture and i was confused because my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i got permanently suspended because of my profile picture and i was confused because my...: submit an appeal i got a permanent suspension because my profile picture was bad and it go reported so i got permanently suspended and i can’t submit an appeal but in my opinion it wasn’t even...