Concerns about xbox series x smell

Discus and support Concerns about xbox series x smell in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is a bit of a long one so bare with me.. So i got this series x back in December 2021, the second i started to play it after a few hours it did... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wariortank07, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Wariortank07
    Wariortank07 Guest

This is a bit of a long one so bare with me.. So i got this series x back in December 2021, the second i started to play it after a few hours it did make a burning smell..fairly strong I didn’t have any warnings or anything of the sort from the xbox itself and i know that some brand new devices tend to make a odd odor after manufacturing process. So i kept playing, it was fine after a few hours of forza and far cry 6.

Its now September of 2022 its still kinda doing it but its much less noticeable. Only really when i get down next to the vent or stand over it. Is this supposed to be happening at all at this point or is this a serious problem? I know these devices are made and tested to run for several hours under heavy load and withstand high temperatures. it took me months to get this console after i was originally supposed to get it. So if theres a serious problem i would like to get it fixed ASAP before it causes serious damage.

:)

Wariortank07, Sep 6, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, well. Definetly that doesn't seems normal
    If I was you I would open a repair request as soon as possible.
    Getting the console inspected/serviced is the best option right now
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today WARIORTANK07

What kind of smell are you feeling?
    Something like "melted plastic" or "hot air"? If it's the first I would worry about it, but if it's the second and only if you put the nose in the fan. It's normal .

If not, the best option would be open a repair request to get your console inspected as soon as possible. Probably something's happening
  4. Wariortank07 Win User

now that ive played it for a long time and smelled again, its alot less like a melted plastic kinda a smell. (Comparable to a glue gun) and more like a hair dryer, that hot Metallic smell you can get from those. which may be what you were talking about

the day i posted this concern, it had been on for a record 10 hours that day and it was under heavy load for a while. I think the extra long run time is what caused the smell that day.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

You’re welcome!
    Hope everything gets sorted out as soon as possible
  6. Wariortank07 Win User

Alright, i was afraid you would say that. Ill see what we can do, thank you for the help
Thema:

1. Concerns about xbox series x smell - Similar Threads - Concerns series smell

2. Serious Concerns About Xbox Elite Controllers' Reliability and Warranty Support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Serious Concerns About Xbox Elite Controllers' Reliability and Warranty Support: I've purchased two Xbox Elite controllers to utilize the back paddles, and it's disappointing to note that both have developed faults within a year! Both controllers also share the same issue with...
  3. Why are there long wait times for cloud gaming? several of people have this concern that i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are there long wait times for cloud gaming? several of people have this concern that i...: Why are there long wait times for cloud gaming? several of people have this concern that i know. 9d3c7c1a-0dd6-4d65-920f-da382e3614ee
  4. I need help concerning my main Microsoft account: Stolen.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help concerning my main Microsoft account: Stolen.: I've recently gotten scammed, a few hours ago as i'm submiting this, and the person stole my Microsoft account and deleted it. I don't know if the person created a new one wich is the one i'm...
  5. Security concerns after my son's Microsoft account was taken over and eventually deleted by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Security concerns after my son's Microsoft account was taken over and eventually deleted by...: Hi there, My son's Microsoft account was taken away and then deleted by a bot from Discord. He then lost all his games in the Microsoft account. It happened when a bot from Discord asked him for...
  6. Xbox 360 end of life support - marketplace concerns and fixing the date limit.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 end of life support - marketplace concerns and fixing the date limit.: Hi, Xbox Support on X (Twitter) told me I should post here. I have a couple of other concerns regarding the Xbox 360 that have come to light with the server problems over the last couple of days....
  7. UK resident unable to speak with a real person concerning my issue.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UK resident unable to speak with a real person concerning my issue.: I have been incorrectly charged twice every month for my Game Pass subscription since May 2022. This is unacceptable and obviously I want a refund. Customer Support to get the root of this...
  8. Open letter to Microsoft/Xbox concerning game preservation and consumer choice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Open letter to Microsoft/Xbox concerning game preservation and consumer choice: This is an open letter regarding the leaked information about future Xbox hardware. I implore you: -Don't alienate your fans who bought games at retail with future hardware. -Don't make single...
  9. How do I escalate a concern with hardware and customer service?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I escalate a concern with hardware and customer service?: I’ve had issues with all series x controllers with drift, spoke to one person initially who said I’d receive an email with options at no cost, 3 follow up calls have been met with no updates or...
  10. Question concerning the code of conduct.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Question concerning the code of conduct.: I got suspended for 4 days (2 per message) for profanity. I couldn't find anything outlawing the use of these words entirely, just that they were not used to harass a player and I certainly...