Complex question, Game sharing and parental controls

Discus and support Complex question, Game sharing and parental controls in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hoping someone can answer this. My son has just bought an xbox series X. I would like to buy an xbox too to occasionally play games, but mostly for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Petefeet, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Petefeet
    Petefeet Guest

Hoping someone can answer this.

My son has just bought an xbox series X. I would like to buy an xbox too to occasionally play games, but mostly for streaming.

As I won't be using it that often, I don't want to pay out for a series x, plus, it won't fit easily in the lounge where I want to put it. So, i'm thinking of getting a series S. I want to be able to buy games on disc though and use them.

This should be possible, in spite of the series S not having a disc drive, by installing them on my son's series X and doing the game sharing thing.

However, I plan to play games that I don't want him to play, such as Grand Theft Auto. If I install them on his xbox and share them with me to play on my series S, he'll be able to play them.

I'm wondering if I can install them on his series X, game share them to play them on my series S, then use xbox family app to block the game so he can't play it.

Will this, or any of this, work?

:)

Petefeet, Nov 21, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

That won't work. The disc is required to be in the disc drive to prove you own the game. Since the Series S doesn't have a disc drive, that wouldn't be possible and you can only use digital games on that console.
  3. Mister Ohnaka Win User

XBOx Live Memberships for me and my family

Hey Renoom. To add onto what Vibroplex said, if everyone wants there own account, or wants to play simultaneously, everyone would need there own Xbox LIVE account, or you could just have one family account, that everyone shares.

Also, here is how to setup
    Xbox 360 parental controls

Let us know if you have any more questions!
  4. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Family account & the games exceptions

Hi Ruffer,

Great question! Allow me to elaborate.

Unfortunately there is no 'exception' list. Parental controls are a blanket, so to speak, as you set the rating level in the parental controls.

Here is our
    Xbox Parental Control
    support article if you have anymore questions on that.
  5. Anubis Arcane Win User

Parental Control/Parents Email using Gmail

6. ThePouchBear Win User

Xbox game share and parental controls

Set her console as YOUR home console. This gives her access to your games with ANY profile that plays on that console.

When you play on your console, you simply sign in and have access to your games.

The permissions should still be followed. You may want to test it before you give her free reign.

Yes, the games and live will remain linked to ONLY your account, but with her console as your home console, you can both play online simultaneously.
Thema:

1. Complex question, Game sharing and parental controls - Similar Threads - Complex question Game

2. Wanting to play Shadow Complex Remastered in PC but received MSVCR110.dll missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Wanting to play Shadow Complex Remastered in PC but received MSVCR110.dll missing: I want to play Shadow Complex Remastered in PC but received MSVCR110.dll missing, despite the fact that I already installed it multiple times. Any ideas? My System Information (using laptop):...
  3. 2 xboxes one person - 2 houses - 2 accounts transfer to one. Complex.

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 xboxes one person - 2 houses - 2 accounts transfer to one. Complex.: My Son has an Xbox at his house with his mum - I live in a separate house if we buy another console - another Xbox one - Can he sign out there and sign in here and get access to Xbox live with...
  4. Complex of issues with XBOX PC Gamepass (Beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Complex of issues with XBOX PC Gamepass (Beta): > Losing savegames in my games, which is indescribably bad experience using platform, that demands monthly subscription payment. Games so far: Blair Witch, Pillars of Eternity > "Alt-Tab" problem...
  5. Here's an real world example of why the new layout of "My Games & Apps" is more complex...

in XboX Insiders
    Here's an real world example of why the new layout of "My Games & Apps" is more complex...: I got the 2 GWG games from my browser, and wanted to install them today on my Xbox (which has auto-install on, but it's not working all the time, plus 360 games won't auto-install anyway)....
  6. What's the most complex character you've ever seen in a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What's the most complex character you've ever seen in a game: I enjoyed playing Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. Her personality and problems really made you root for her. 789b98fe-1a77-4557-9ed7-39339310570d
  7. the problem is complex but i will try to explain.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    the problem is complex but i will try to explain.: so on 15 september you started a giveaway about forza and i tried to enter it but an error prevented me from doing it so i went to the xbox support they checked all was ok and after a lot of time...
  8. Complex achievement glitch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Complex achievement glitch: I've spent hundreds of hours over the last several weeks working on completing the achievements in Tetris Ultimate. I played briefly at launch, then for a bit last year. I had three achievements...
  9. XBOX Live account profile issue (complex?)

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Live account profile issue (complex?): Hi, I have a little problem with my Live account, here's the lowdown.. I got my Live account a few years ago when I got my first 360, I gradually started to let my then young son play on certain...
  10. Complex External Hard Drive Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Complex External Hard Drive Issue: So I've had my external in use with my Xbox one for a few months. Everything has been working fine up until tonight. When I go to My Games & Apps, I cannot see the device. Everything on it is...